Thread: TWD 11x08 "For Blood" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x08 "For Blood" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x08 "For Blood" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Sharat Raju
    Written by: Erik Mountain

And so the first chunk of the final season draws to a close. Sixteen episodes to go (in 2022)...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Oct-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Administrator

England
    And if just one of those rockets misfires?

Hmmm...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Good amount of action in this one, more of a traditionally placed crescendo with two cliffhangers to leave us on.

I'm glad that Pope is gone because having Leah go up against Daryl, her former partner, is a much more interesting dynamic than Pope's deal, who was, to be fair, a bit 'stock' as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And if just one of those rockets misfires?

Hmmm...
    It was a bit Timmy Mallet, that construction, although we didn't see precisely how it works to be fair ... ... even if it did look rather iffy.

United States
    Rosita
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Rosita
    I saw that and thought to myself "I bet Moon will love this part".

I'm liking that the show is doing more outwardly horror moments (e.g. here with a barricaded home besieged by zombies during a storm).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I saw that and thought to myself "I bet Moon will love this part".

I'm liking that the show is doing more outwardly horror moments (e.g. here with a barricaded home besieged by zombies during a storm).
    Very Night of the Living Dead. I dug it. Walkers are terrifying. I miss that aspect. But since 1968 people still don’t bust out a staircase enough to make impassable by walkers yet a safe sanctuary for the living. hahahaha. Copper and his basement can kiss my ass.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Very Night of the Living Dead. I dug it. Walkers are terrifying. I miss that aspect. But since 1968 people still don’t bust out a staircase enough to make impassable by walkers yet a safe sanctuary for the living. hahahaha. Copper and his basement can kiss my ass.
    I know, right? Block the staircase with enough shit and you're cushty! Really jam it in there and they'll be too dumb to figure it out. It's a natural choke point.

I assume that that's kind of their idea in this episode, although we don't really get to see it yet as it ends on the basement cliffhanger. At the very least it'd be a choke point, as I say, and give them more of a shot.

I never understood the argument for the basement. You're definitely trapped down there. Sure, only one way in - but NO WAY OUT. Staying on the ground floor would be a better idea than the basement 'cos at least you've got a back door and a bunch of windows you could hop out of. The upstairs with a blocked off stairwell is the much better option, though. You keep the zombies downstairs and still have windows to climb out of in case you really need to, and you've got a better chance of flagging someone down for help. Cooper was a moron in that regard. About as tactically sound as running as fast as you can through a minefield.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Oct-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Administrator

England
    Yeh, don't know why a well seasoned group were pissing about within easy reach of windows and a door, when the loft space should surely be a well oiled retreat plan?

Or a super strong gate across the stair case...

Done!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yeh, don't know why a well seasoned group were pissing about within easy reach of windows and a door, when the loft space should surely be a well oiled retreat plan?

Or a super strong gate across the stair case...

Done!
    I suppose there's an element of wanting to live in a normal enough environment, plus they had those awesome walls - until The Whisperers kinda fucked that up. It was working fine for them for years, and then it's also the issue of manufacturing such things - and for every single home? And at the moment they've got bigger things to be dealing with (getting those walls fixed, getting enough food etc).

I mean, yeah, if you've got an awesome stronghold style building and all the tools then yeah, that would be great for the ultimate zombie survival house - I mean, you'd have it as an interior back up to much stronger external blockades. They'd have to withstand the pressure of a mass of zombies pressing against them, too.