Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Walking Dead..... AMC announces yet another spinoff

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    I would love to see the story of that Army unit that sadly ran afoul or the Governor, seeing them survive in the early days and ending the episode with a figure in the background approaching them.
    Yeah, that'd be cool.

Did they say these little stories were going to link to events in the main show? I have a vague memory of that.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, we don't need more of that - rushed through in 45 minutes nonetheless.

This is an opportunity to tell curious and strange stories, little side events ... like a lone survivor who just can't shake loose one determined walker who's out to nosh on their innards.

Small and contained little stories. If you're trying to bash out an entire arc inside 45 minutes then you can't get too large with it, otherwise it'll be as rushed and slapdash as an episode of Doctor Who, which has suffered for years with trying to introduce new characters and a new setting, get them together with the Doctor and their assistant(s), find out what's going on, kill a few red shirts off, and then wrap everything up - as a result you so often ended up with sloppy writing with bland cookie cutter characters whose names you never knew with no time for tension or any sense of rich storytelling. Just wham/bam/fuck it we're done.

So - hopefully Tales of TWD will avoid this!
    This was in a movie. It is called 'It Stains the Sand Red'. I said this decades ago on the old forum, but I would love to see a story from the perspective of a newsroom as everything teeters on the edge of collapse, like in Dawn of the Dead. I would like to see what happened to the President.
    I'd like to see what happened in that hospital in the first season of Fear the Walking dead where the SWAT team were lined up outside.
    I'd like to see scenarios where Cobalt was in play. There's so much that could be done during the early days of the outbreak. I will never get my head around why Fear the Walking Dead had to time jump. I still re-watch the first season as there was a lot more good about it than bad.

As I said earlier, I know I will be disappointed because AMC think a Daryl and Carol Spin-off series would be a great idea. It will be cheap easy to produce post apocalyptic stories much like the pish served up in season 10.3

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I have my doubts that this will be any good. I think what it will boil down to is the episodes being 1 hour long, low budget / quality, made-for-TV movies of the week. I will give it a try, though.

I'm kind of hoping the the Daryl & Carol BS doesn't see the light of day. Every new Walking Dead related thing AMC tries just gets worse and worse. They need to just call it quits already.
    Ive always been a fan of Daryl since he proclaimed, "you got something to say to me, Rick Griiiimes" HAHAHa. And I always root for Norman Reedus. But I too think this idea needs to go away. Let both of them live and have Daryl run into Rick for one last bro hug.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Ive always been a fan of Daryl since he proclaimed, "you got something to say to me, Rick Griiiimes" HAHAHa. And I always root for Norman Reedus. But I too think this idea needs to go away. Let both of them live and have Daryl run into Rick for one last bro hug.
    I see what you mean. I'm in two minds. On the one hand I'm a big fan of those characters and would be interested to see what they do with the idea, but the spin-off could also end up feeling like the 'hanging chad' of TWD, a lingering post-script that doesn't allow for complete conclusion and that in itself would be irritating.

Being Attacked

United States
    I didn't even know they were making another spinoff. Are they going to include the running zombies?

Great Britain
    August 14th is the premiere date.

https://www.ign.com/articles/tales-o...date-announced

Super Moderator

UK
    Hopefully it won't be shit like World Beyond.

Still, Terry Crews in the ZA? Worth checking out for that alone.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DqSLbCSt-M

Not entirely sure why we need another Alpha/Lydia backstory episode ... we already had one or two of those ... still, might be worthwhile regardless.

United States

Not entirely sure why we need another Alpha/Lydia backstory episode ... we already had one or two of those
    More of that crap?!? Ugh.

... still, might be worthwhile regardless.
    Doubtful.

After what they did with TWD: Millennial Edition, I won't be wasting my time on any of more spinoffs except maybe for the 6 episodes that will include Rick and Michonne.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 26-Jul-2022 at 05:22 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    It's a different showrunner to the dreck of World Beyond, so that's good, although the showrunner of TWD:WB had written some great episodes of the main show in the past, so it was even more stunning and surprising just how terrible World Beyond was.

Seems this show is taking ideas that they could never quite find room for in the main show, so hopefully there'll be some value to it. Being quite episodic, too, if you don't like one episode you might like the next, as it's six different stories, a new one each week.

United States
    Wonder how this will turn out have to wait and see

Great Britain
    https://www.ign.com/articles/tales-o...eview-evie-joe

IGN gave the first episode a 6.10 says its the first walking dead rom com.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    .... first walking dead rom com.

Super Moderator

UK
    Although, this first episode has got Terry Crews in it, so that accounts for something.

At least each episode will be a new story with new characters.

We'll probably see some stories that just would never have fit in with the main show.

I'll check them out, but will be expecting quite variable quality from episode-to-episode.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Aug-2022 at 12:28 PM.

United States
    Let’s not forget the musical episode!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."