Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Walking Dead..... AMC announces yet another spinoff

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Rick Grimes was lying in a coma.
    Maybe that's it? In a Bobby Ewing moment these episodes will all be just a dream when Rick wakes up...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Groundhog Day of the Dead...

Rising

United States
    Also, so many moments where you think "why would they do that?" (e.g. why would the kid get in the gas truck?) ...
    The kid knew what his father was planning (i.e. steal the truck for themselves.)

and also, why would you decide to steal a gas truck any way?
    It seems like all the characters who wanted to steal the truck wanted it to secure a large supply of fuel. They don't know how much they will have to move around in order to try to escape the situation.

It's not like you can just hop in and drive off with it easy peasy as if it was a fucking Prius ... speaking of, it was clearly not in the slightest bit blocked in that parking lot. You could have easily got that shitbox out of that space.
    The part that made the least sense was the one about the wounded man in the car turning into a zombie and attacking and killing the woman driver. They keep "reliving" that moment but they do absolutely nothing to stop it, and instead keep stupidly staring at it, as if they had never seen it before. I can understand the "I am so shocked by what I am seeing that I can't do anything" factor the first couple of times around, but once you are well aware of what's going on, you obviously would no longer be surprised and shocked that zombies do exist. You would not just stand there staring and doing nothing, you would go to the car and tell the woman to get out before the guy turns into a zombie and kills her, or just shoot the guy in the head straight away before he turns, period. Problem solved.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The kid knew what his father was planning (i.e. steal the truck for themselves.)
    Was that the case?

Also, it's such a last second 'plan' if that's the case, as the fuel truck turns up after all these people have arrived at the service stop.

It seems like all the characters who wanted to steal the truck wanted it to secure a large supply of fuel. They don't know how much they will have to move around in order to try to escape the situation.
    However, like in Dawn when one of the fleeing police guys says he won't get in anything he can't drive for himself, you can't just hop from a regular car to a fuel tanker and go charging off. The gears and brakes are much different to operate, and it's not exactly an incognito vehicle, nor is it easy to pilot about the place (moreso for a newbie), and if it's that easy to hijack then you've just painted a massive target on your back - in a lawless society what guarantees do you have that the first person you try and barter with doesn't just blow your fool head off and take the whole thing for themselves?

It's a dumb ass plan that never made a lick of sense whatsoever.

The part that made the least sense was the one about the wounded man in the car turning into a zombie and attacking and killing the woman driver. They keep "reliving" that moment but they do absolutely nothing to stop it, and instead keep stupidly staring at it, as if they had never seen it before. I can understand the "I am so shocked by what I am seeing that I can't do anything" factor the first couple of times around, but once you are well aware of what's going on, you obviously would no longer be surprised and shocked that zombies do exist. You would not just stand there staring and doing nothing, you would go to the car and tell the woman to get out before the guy turns into a zombie and kills her, or just shoot the guy in the head straight away before he turns, period. Problem solved.
    Agreed. That was just repetitive and ultimately quite extraneous. They tried different things with other parts of the puzzle, but didn't bother with that one.

Ireland
    This series sounds worse than The World Beyond.

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    This series sounds worse than The World Beyond.

The second episode certainly was. Full blown garbage, and frankly infuriating to see people paid a nice chunk of change to write that dreck.

I gave up on World Beyond after only two episodes because it was so crushingly awful with such poorly written characters and such incessantly annoying teens. Utter shite.

United States
    I gave up on TWD: Millennial Edition after the first 5 or 10 minutes of the first episode. It was getting on my nerves that fast. I'm glad I decided not to waste 5 seconds on this piece of shit.

Rising

United States
    World Beyond's only redeeming factor were the last few episodes, which reveal what Jadis has been up to.

United States
    A while back, I cheated and watched a Youtube recap of World Beyond that condensed the whole thing down to about 20 minutes.

It didn't appear that I missed a whole lot besides teenage drama, retardation, and some woke BS. My give a damn level is so low that I already half forget the Jadis tie in and the "big" reveal at the end.

Administrator

England
    Bit sad now there's entire TWD shows I can't be bothered to watch.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    World Beyond's only redeeming factor were the last few episodes, which reveal what Jadis has been up to.
    What's the cliff notes version?

Rising

United States
    What's the cliff notes version?
    Don't want to spoil it. It's not that many to watch. The Jadis related episodes are the last 5 or 6 (can't remember right now the exact number.) Rick is also briefly alluded to, BTW. See if you can catch them.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Bit sad now there's entire TWD shows I can't be bothered to watch.
    In the 90s we'd have collectively sold our souls on here for a show like TWD. It's quite amazing how the writers and producers have bored us with it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't want to spoil it. It's not that many to watch. The Jadis related episodes are the last 5 or 6 (can't remember right now the exact number.) Rick is also briefly alluded to, BTW. See if you can catch them.
    If I couldn't manage two episodes, I certainly won't withstand five or six.

Just use the [SPOILER] tags and dish the deets, dude.

Rising

United States
    If I couldn't manage two episodes, I certainly won't withstand five or six.

Just use the [SPOILER] tags and dish the deets, dude.
    Yes, the regular episodes are tedious to watch, but these last episodes concern Jadis and what she has been up to after she & Rick disappeared from the main show, so I think you will find them easier to watch.