Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night of the Living Dead 2 - The Day survivors are reprising their roles?

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, those zombies aren't exactly in-keeping with what we had in Day of the Dead.

I think I read somewhere that the characters might not even have the same names (possibly for rights issues) ... so is the whole movie a bit of a nod-and-a-wink type of deal, then?

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, those zombies aren't exactly in-keeping with what we had in Day of the Dead.

I think I read somewhere that the characters might not even have the same names (possibly for rights issues) ... so is the whole movie a bit of a nod-and-a-wink type of deal, then?
    See post #2 in this thread. The names are definitely not the same. If this was due to some copyright issues, I think you could work your way around that simply by using first names for the three characters in question, no surnames, and making no clear explicit reference whatsoever to the events of Day of the Dead. For example, how could you prove that the "Sarah", "John" and "Bill/William" of this movie are the exact same as the ones in Day of the Dead? These are extremely common names. And since the script makes no specific reference to the events of Day of the Dead, how could you possibly prove anything in this regard? The most likely conclusion, though, is that these characters are not meant to have any connection whatsoever to the ones from Day of the Dead. It's just that three of the actors from that movie are being used to portray them. Other than that, this seems to be a completely unconnected movie. The real question is: what the heck does this movie have to do with Night of the Living Dead, though? And does it have any connection whatsoever with that "Night of the Living Dead 2/II" project that was announced years ago, which was said to have been written by "the original writers & producers" back in the 1970s?

Administrator

England
    All seems to have gone quiet - https://livingdead2.com
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan