Thread: What was you're favourite Movie of 2021?

Great Britain

What was you're favourite Movie of 2021?

So now after we got through the shit show of 2021 and slowly enter shit show 2022 electric boogaloo, what was you're favourite movie of 2021?

For me it was James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, closely followed by the Directors cut of Dr Sleep.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    So now after we got through the shit show of 2021 and slowly enter shit show 2022 electric boogaloo, what was you're favourite movie of 2021?

For me it was James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, closely followed by the Directors cut of Dr Sleep.
    1)

2) I might have to opt for The Suicide Squad as well. Just re-watched it the other day. Close runners up are "Nobody" and "No Time To Die", and I gotta say, despite some flaws ("evil dies tonight", stop telling us it was "40 years ago"), I really enjoyed "Halloween Kills".

3) Doctor Sleep came out in 2019/2020 IIRC. Forshame!

Although, aye, it was great.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Jan-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post

Dr Sleep came out years ago?

Dune for me...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Dr Sleep came out years ago?

Dune for me...
    I went to check and your both right lol, I thought it was new due to being on prime for the first time, must get round to seeing Dune.

Ireland
    Dune.

Hands down.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Personal favorite is Ghostbusters Afterlife. Shocking, right??

Others include Dune, I really enjoyed the OTT satire in Don’t Look Up, The Suicide Squad was a bloody fun time, Spider-Man: No Way Home for the superhero Avengers-type adventure, No Time To Die because it’s the end of Craig’s era, Zack Snyder’s Justice League for the experiment of what could have been, and woodsman Nic Cage looks for his Pig.

Still a few I need to see like Edgar Wright’s Last Night In Soho, Licorice Pizza, and Nobody.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Personal favorite is Ghostbusters Afterlife. Shocking, right??

Others include Dune, I really enjoyed the OTT satire in Don’t Look Up, The Suicide Squad was a bloody fun time, Spider-Man: No Way Home for the superhero Avengers-type adventure, No Time To Die because it’s the end of Craig’s era, Zack Snyder’s Justice League for the experiment of what could have been, and woodsman Nic Cage looks for his Pig.

Still a few I need to see like Edgar Wright’s Last Night In Soho, Licorice Pizza, and Nobody.
    Ooh! Nobody! Great film. Re-watched it last night. Really good fun - check it out!

I too want to see Last Night In Soho as well as Licorice Pizza. Waiting on the Blu-Ray for the new Spider-Man as well as Ghostbusters Afterlife (the latter comes out January 31st IIRC, so I know what I'm doing on that Monday night).

Justice League - yes - the Snyder Cut absolutely blew Whedon's balls up not only out of the water, but out of the stratosphere. It has some issues, but man, it was an entirely different movie.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Afterlife is now out on digital in the US. Which means you should be able to find a HD rip quite easily right now.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Afterlife is now out on digital in the US. Which means you should be able to find a HD rip quite easily right now.
    I'll wait for my pre-ordered Blu-Ray.

Couple more weeks won't hurt.