Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: TWD Season 11-B & 11-C discussion... **ROLLING SPOILERS**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Well, looks like the series finale is gonna be a huge disappointment. Can’t believe I’m saying this but the comic did this story better. Unreal.
    Maybe going forward it’s best to pretend the series ends the day the gates first open at Alexandria. Happy times.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Maybe going forward it’s best to pretend the series ends the day the gates first open at Alexandria. Happy times.
    Isn’t that where Kirkman originally wanted to end the series?
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Next villain in TWD revealed:

It seems like he survived the zombie apocalypse and is now back to his shenanigans.

Attached Images

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xADEOcX27DQ

I just gave this a watch. I didn't see any spoilers for the finale, so I don't really know what the video title is on about (it wouldn't make sense as this is put out by AMC themselves).

Nothing earth shattering or revelatory, but some nice behind the scenes glimpses and an appreciation of the army of creatives that it takes to put it all together.

Administrator

England
    Not watched 23 yet... Will watch 23 & 24 together next week...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Is it me, or in that cast picture (the video thumbnail) does Ezekiel look like he's auditioning to be a 'Droog' in a rendition of A Clockwork Orange?

Dead

United States
    I just wanted to say what's up and this seems like the only place anyone would see it!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I just wanted to say what's up and this seems like the only place anyone would see it!!
    long time no see. Glad to see the IV resident is back. You here to see TWD close shop?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    How do, babomb!

Only one more episode to go. I'll have to avoid the interwebs until I've seen it as there'll be spoilers galore floating about the mainstream, no doubt, even though TWD has kinda fallen out of the 'mainstream news spoiler bonanza bullshit cycle' in recent years.

United States
    Let’s all say a prayer for Moon today. I’ve got a very sick kid so haven’t watched in full yet. More to follow. Sorry Moon.

United States
    Let’s all say a prayer for Moon today. I’ve got a very sick kid so haven’t watched in full yet. More to follow. Sorry Moon.
    I am alive. Barely. Thank you.

"That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Was I completely satisfied with this episode? No. Was I dissatisfied with this finale? No.

Generally speaking I enjoyed the episode and it did have more of an impact on me than I was expecting - an end of an era vibe. Sure, part of that is down to personal circumstances and such, but it also made me melancholy looking back over the past twelve years that the show has been on and all the things that have happened in that time - this show has been a considerable chunk of my life, you know?

I found Rosita's final moments quite impactful - great writing and performances there. Again, there's an element of what's going on in my own life that has made me much more raw to these kinds of scenes, but it was legitimately well done.

One scene in particular that I loved was the talk between Negan and Maggie, with Negan talking about how he finally understood what the other half would have felt like when they were kneeling before Lucille. I thought it was a wonderfully written and performed scene, wrought with their complex relationship and how some things can never be forgiven, yet changes must also be recognised. Great scene.

Now, let's get down to particular brass tacks...

Rick & Michonne - now - if they hadn't have appeared at all it would've been a gigantic fuck you to everyone.

The way they did it in the finale? Let's call it a mini fuck you - mini because it robs us of closure within the context of TWD itself, and we didn't get Rick being reunited with his family ... I wonder if the spin-off is just going to be a 6/8 episode mini-series and the closure of that will be them getting back to Alexandria, although by the looks of it it'd be at some point after Daryl has left, potentially, so we'd be robbed of Rick and Daryl - brothers in arms - reuniting ... unless they pull some cheeky retcon of Rick was hanging out in Alexandria at that point, but we just didn't see him and he'd already said goodbye to Daryl, leaving his departure down to Carol.

Speaking of - I really liked those scenes between Daryl and Carol. Funny, really, as the scene is partly in recognition of that change of circumstance for the previously announced Daryl/Carol spin-off becoming a Daryl solo show.

Anyway - man, it was good to see Rick again - now, clearly the scene was a flashback, to what point we don't know, but obviously he is under some kind of 'capture' that he's escaped from and has been found again. He threw his stuff onto that boat, which Michonne found in season 10.

I dearly hope the Rick/Michonne show is well written and bucks the trend of TWD spin-offs, which have either been sorely flawed (Fear) or outright fucking garbage (the other two).

I wouldn't say the finale felt rushed, but it certainly felt jam-fucking-packed with stuff happening. No filler whatsoever and pretty much full-tilt the whole time. I do feel that the pacing of season 11 and these last couple of episodes could've been tweaked to have the last two episodes be both longer and like a big double-episode finale, to give more time to cetain plot points (e.g. the fancy pants estate locking out all the plebs). They certainly 'fixed' that place damn quick, too, haha!

Moon - heh - I thought of you and your reaction to this episode so many times throughout that 65 minutes, hehe.

So, yeah, overall I enjoyed the episode. I certainly didn't get everything I wanted out of it, or season 11 in general, but I can also certainly say that I wasn't disappointed either. It was a compromised finale, but there was so much to enjoy and it really did make an emotional impact upon me, a couple of scenes really had me quite choked-up, I'll admit.

End of an era.

*fingers crossed for the upcoming spin-offs - ffs don't fuck those up!!!*

United States
    I really enjoyed it. So much to chew on. But I will say this. I’ve often wondered how Eugene has lived this long. I never hated him. Surprised the show runners didn’t kill him at times. But the scenes with him and Rosita hit me. Both actors did a great job at selling the emotions of that moment. I’m now excited for the spin offs.

Super Moderator

UK
    I really enjoyed it. So much to chew on. But I will say this. I’ve often wondered how Eugene has lived this long. I never hated him. Surprised the show runners didn’t kill him at times. But the scenes with him and Rosita hit me. Both actors did a great job at selling the emotions of that moment. I’m now excited for the spin offs.
    "Dead City" (the Maggie/Negan spin-off) is now shooting.

I wonder if said city is the same one as we glimpsed at the end of 11x24? Maybe different, mind.

Did others catch the moment when Daryl barricaded the hospital room door just like how it happened for Rick? There were a few little references like that.

Liked it when what's-his-name returned as a walker at the gates, champing at the bit to nibble on Pamela's flesh.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    "Dead City" (the Maggie/Negan spin-off) is now shooting.

I wonder if said city is the same one as we glimpsed at the end of 11x24? Maybe different, mind.

Did others catch the moment when Daryl barricaded the hospital room door just like how it happened for Rick? There were a few little references like that.

Liked it when what's-his-name returned as a walker at the gates, champing at the bit to nibble on Pamela's flesh.
    I just read that city was Philly. I loved everything Daryl and Judith. Also just heard Chandler Riggs was an extra as he went to visit the set during final days.
    Can’t believe I didn’t catch the reference. But Father Gabriels evolution from locking his parishioners out of his church in season 5 to opening the gates to finish the show.
    Last edited by facestabber; 22-Nov-2022 at 12:03 PM. Reason: add.