Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: TWD Season 11-B & 11-C discussion... **ROLLING SPOILERS**

Rising

United States
    As easily predicted: not really a proper "end", more like just a setup for it splitting into 3 separate shows.

Administrator

England
    The finale was all a bit of a non event for me... Not bad. But not particularly good.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I just read that city was Philly. I loved everything Daryl and Judith. Also just heard Chandler Riggs was an extra as he went to visit the set during final days.
    Can’t believe I didn’t catch the reference. But Father Gabriels evolution from locking his parishioners out of his church in season 5 to opening the gates to finish the show.
    Great catch with Father Gabriel there. Hadn't thought of that myself, so adds another layer of juice.

I think I saw a zombie that had a kind of Glenn look about him. Naturally it wasn't Glenn, doi, but with the baseball cap it just kinda had a fleeting vibe of Glenn.

The first two deaths with Luke's GF and then Luke himself were naturally nowhere near as impactful as Rosita, but it was good that they were able to show how much Luke's death had on his tightest and closest compatriots, so it added heft to a supporting character's end.

I still think Pamela could have been done better and more grey area - someone who was really trying and struggling to do the right thing, rather than kinda one-dimensional government type with a douchebag son and loads-a-money in her pockets. A bit too cliched as a character. Still, I loved Negan pointing out that for that kinda person being imprisoned is a fate worse than death - and he'd certainly know.

I kinda wanted to see Negan and his new lady, especially after the time jump, so that kinda felt like a bit of a hanging thread, but I did like how he just kinda slinked away with a little nod from Daryl and that was that (well, and the excellent scene with Maggie, of course).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Great catch with Father Gabriel there. Hadn't thought of that myself, so adds another layer of juice.

I think I saw a zombie that had a kind of Glenn look about him. Naturally it wasn't Glenn, doi, but with the baseball cap it just kinda had a fleeting vibe of Glenn.

The first two deaths with Luke's GF and then Luke himself were naturally nowhere near as impactful as Rosita, but it was good that they were able to show how much Luke's death had on his tightest and closest compatriots, so it added heft to a supporting character's end.

I still think Pamela could have been done better and more grey area - someone who was really trying and struggling to do the right thing, rather than kinda one-dimensional government type with a douchebag son and loads-a-money in her pockets. A bit too cliched as a character. Still, I loved Negan pointing out that for that kinda person being imprisoned is a fate worse than death - and he'd certainly know.

I kinda wanted to see Negan and his new lady, especially after the time jump, so that kinda felt like a bit of a hanging thread, but I did like how he just kinda slinked away with a little nod from Daryl and that was that (well, and the excellent scene with Maggie, of course).
    I can’t take credit on Gabriel. Went right over my head on first watch. I met Seth Gilliam a couple of times. Gilliam, Scott Wilson and Ross Marquand would have an argument over which is the more complete gentleman. Meeting him in person definitely turned me into a fan of his. So first seeing him coward in fear on a rock in Season 5 and an emotional wreck I think it was a great send off for him to open the gates at the threat of death. His atonement is complete.

Ireland
    That was fucking terrible. What an atrocious ending to a once great show.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I was pretty disappointed with the end. We knew for over a year that certain characters were going to live for their own spin-offs. Killing off tertiary bit characters was a cop out. Not saying I wanted massive death amongst the characters but they really took no risks and left us with little reward.