Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD Season 11-B & 11-C discussion... **ROLLING SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Still wanna see that football stadium though!
    Could be Covid related, could also be budget related, or both.

I really liked the moment when Daryl and Judith listen to Motorhead together, after he's bought her a record player. Daryl's evolution as a character has been great over the course of the show. Gimple ended up kinda squandering him a bit in season 7 to a lot of moody grunts and such, but Kang has really given him so much more range ... plus, he had to step into Rick's shoes as well, so...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Could be Covid related, could also be budget related, or both.

I really liked the moment when Daryl and Judith listen to Motorhead together, after he's bought her a record player. Daryl's evolution as a character has been great over the course of the show. Gimple ended up kinda squandering him a bit in season 7 to a lot of moody grunts and such, but Kang has really given him so much more range ... plus, he had to step into Rick's shoes as well, so...
    I loved that scene between Daryl and Judith! Man gets his first paycheck and he spends it on Judith. Awwww man I love it.

Daryl has come a long way and you’re right, I do see some Rick in him for those very reasons you explained.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Singapore
    Would love to see Negan again in future episodes.
    A lil sad to see him leaving the group and wandering off on his own but I get it.
    If I were him, I would have done the same thing.

Rising

United States
    Someone in TWD likes old school heavy metal. Previous episode had references to Motörhead (and so did one of the episodes when Merle was around), this one to Iron Maiden.

United States
    I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is in...

The switcheroo with the lady Eugene was talking on the radio with.

What advantage do they get out of that?

To get Eugene to spill Alexandria’s secrets! Wait…

Yeah, I got nothing. Lol
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    I find Lance a bit annoying, in that he's so obviously a wrong'un. Every smile is so clearly not worth trusting. I know they have to get across ulterior motives etc to an audience, but I always get distracted by too-obvious facial expressions ... like, do the characters not see the look on his face right now?!

Dodgy bastard.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Mar-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x12 "The Lucky Ones" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x12 "The Lucky Ones" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Tawnia McKiernan
    Written by: Vivian Tse

Okay, so a bit more on this whole Stephanie/Max thing ... but I still don't really quite know why/how it was advantageous to Lance to do this whole subterfuge thing with an oblivious Eugene.

Evidently Lance is working in his own self interest for power reasons, but I don't get how this switcheroo was a useful move.

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x13 "Warlords" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

11x13 "Warlords".

UPDATE - I've merged all the threads for Season 11-B into one thread, so ALL talk of Season 11-B will now be inside this one single thread - so be aware of rolling spoilers if you're behind in your viewing.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Loren Yaconelli
    Written by: Jim Barnes & Erik Mountain

I enjoyed the stuff with Maggie and whats'ername (Pamela?) from the Commonwealth. You can see they've got certain things in common, but the approach is very different at the core - old world/new world. Nice to see Maggie address the fact that the Commonwealth are too wrapped in cotton wool for the realities of their ZA world, but at the same time her community is in such a dire place that it's no wonder folks would want to jack it in.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 21-Mar-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Michael friggin' Biehn! So good!

United States
    Warlords was such a good episode! The guest actors have been great!

Super Moderator

UK
    Warlords was such a good episode! The guest actors have been great!
    I liked how it was written, too. You've got the gravity with Biehn, but then you get the shocks of cutting him off before the monologue you've been lead to expect. Kept you on your toes.

A little better clarification over the passage of time would be nice. It kinda felt like Negan had very quickly found himself in with these new folks, but it's apparently been a decent amount of time - but again, it's not that clear. It was clearer with the month-long time pass for our group being fresh in to The Commonwealth.

Gabriel's been a pretty solid character lately, too. Kicking arse for the Lord.

United States
    I liked how it was written, too. You've got the gravity with Biehn, but then you get the shocks of cutting him off before the monologue you've been lead to expect. Kept you on your toes.

A little better clarification over the passage of time would be nice. It kinda felt like Negan had very quickly found himself in with these new folks, but it's apparently been a decent amount of time - but again, it's not that clear. It was clearer with the month-long time pass for our group being fresh in to The Commonwealth.

Gabriel's been a pretty solid character lately, too. Kicking arse for the Lord.
    Yeah, the playing with time was kinda jarring. But, Aaron and Gabriel are fantastic together. The scene with Ian in his office was intense. Solid turn of events too!

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, the playing with time was kinda jarring. But, Aaron and Gabriel are fantastic together. The scene with Ian in his office was intense. Solid turn of events too!
    I'd agree that the time jumping was a tad sloppy in this storyline ... a bit scattered feeling, but on the other hand it's not a storyline you could do linearly anyway, what with all the secrets and lies and hidden agendas swirling about.

I was a bit wary initially, like 'another religious cult' type thing (especially after The Reapers with their Bible-thumping leader), so it maybe was diluted a bit because of The Reapers, but then again Michael Biehn made for such a good grizzled leader. I dug the battle of wits and logic going on with Aaron and Gabriel kinda stuck in the middle.

Mr 'dip my finger in your booze' is a total nobber. Fuck that guy.

Super Moderator

UK
    11x14 "The Rotten Core".

Directed by: Marcus Stokes
    Written by: Erik Mountain & Jim Barnes

Curious how seemingly not one of the people turfed off the roof endured enough damage to the head/brain to not revive as a walker.

Still - an awesome end for Mr Finger Dipper guy.

United States
    I saw that they wrapped up filming for TWD. Its over. Admittedly my interest faded when Rick and Carl were no longer the focus. But the news definitely hit me. I remember the lead up to 10.31.10. The rumors were abundant about this new show about my favorite genre. I was excited but also hesitant that it could totally miss the mark. “Days Gone Bye” was a masterpiece. I couldn’t believe it. Two weeks later I’m walking into my hotel in Framingham Massachusetts’s and Norman Reedus is standing outside smoking. I knew him first as Murphy Mcmanus but we had one hell of a convo over Irish whiskeys about TWD. He was very forthcoming about events of remaining season 1 as the hype and non disclosures hadn’t hit yet. Years later I discovered the online community including the gem that is HPOTD. I’ve enjoyed the great dialogue with all of you over the years. Even the JDP Day of the Dead timeline argument hahahahaha. This show will always be my favorite tv show of all time. And you folks here made it even better. I tip my hat to you and hope the finale satisfies most of us. I really hope Rosita survives for Moons sanity.