Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: TWD Season 11-B & 11-C discussion... **ROLLING SPOILERS**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm... it is concerning, isn't it?

Really, the spin-offs should be sequels, the 'what happens after the end?', not the main show bending to the will of the spin-offs. After such a long run the main show very much needs to have its own conclusion and ending - it needs to feel completed in and of itself, outside of any further spin-offs.

I've not even bothered going back to finish "Tales of The Walking Dead" (I struggled through 4 out of 6 episodes and it was just one big pile of shit after another most of the time).
    Didn’t even bother with Tales. Once AMC catered to the casual audience, it was over.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Didn’t even bother with Tales. Once AMC catered to the casual audience, it was over.
    "Tales" was horrific - in the wrong way. It was just awful. Staggeringly bad writing, boring stories, stories that confused established lore (e.g. the episode about Alpha and Lydia), stories that had absolutely no place at all within the TWD universe (that atrocious time-rewindy one). It's shocking that anyone thought those stories and scripts were the right way to go.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I haven't watched TWD since right before the 6 filler episodes from during the coof, but I have all the episodes up until now recorded (on VHS). The show has honestly been a real chore to watch since season 8. If they don't wrap up the series properly and just continue on, expecting people to follow up with the sequels, I WILL be shit-canning what I have recorded instead of watching it. I have seriously considered doing that as it is.
    Then I am afraid that you will most likely have to pull out the "cans & lids", because it has all the looks like it won't really "end" in the upcoming episodes, at least not properly so. The fact that one of the 3 shows into which the main show will split into is about Rick would seem to prove so. If TWD really ended in the upcoming episodes, the Rick wrap-up story would be included in it. It is simply absurd to pretend to end TWD without Rick being involved. It's HIS story. It has always been so. And it can only properly end with his story also ending. The show begins and ends with him. Removing him from the main show therefore is in fact one of the biggest mistakes in its history. It has never been the same since.
    Last edited by JDP; 03-Nov-2022 at 01:10 PM. Reason: ;

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I haven't watched TWD since right before the 6 filler episodes from during the coof, but I have all the episodes up until now recorded (on VHS).
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I caught that too
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 03-Nov-2022 at 03:37 PM. Reason: AMC is TRASH
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Then I am afraid that you will most likely have to pull out the "cans & lids", because it has all the looks like it won't really "end" in the upcoming episodes, at least not properly so. The fact that one of the 3 shows into which the main show will split into is about Rick would seem to prove so. If TWD really ended in the upcoming episodes, the Rick wrap-up story would be included in it. It is simply absurd to pretend to end TWD without Rick being involved. It's HIS story. It has always been so. And it can only properly end with his story also ending. The show begins and ends with him. Removing him from the main show therefore is in fact one of the biggest mistakes in its history. It has never been the same since.
    Yep, and the show has been pretty much total garbage since they killed off Coral, and Rick left for parts unknown.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I still use VHS tapes and VCRs. I have lots of movies that I paid good money for or recorded off TV (when they actually still played good movies).... some of them hard to find. I don't give a shit if they are the latest and greatest technology or not. They still work.

Besides, does a show as shitty as TWD has been as of late really deserve any better?
    Last edited by beat_truck; 03-Nov-2022 at 06:22 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I haven’t seen a working VCR in a decade or so. They sure were great in the 80’s

Rising

United States
    I have 3 still working VCRs and... brace yourselves... one BETAMAX that still works!

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Well, they managed to work a courtroom drama into TWD. That really says it all…

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I have 3 still working VCRs and... brace yourselves... one BETAMAX that still works!
    I’m old enough to remember when the big choice was between VHS and Beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suicycho View Post
    Well, they managed to work a courtroom drama into TWD. That really says it all…
    I have no connection to that court drama. I was always impartial to Eugene. Not sure how he lived this long. Seems his arch was over in Season 6 finale when he courageously attempted to misdirect the Saviours. Met Josh mcdermott a couple times and enjoyed the convo. But that court room stuff was terrible. I don’t think they needed that for Mercer to have his come to Jesus moment.

Ireland
    I'm old enough to remember this bleedin thing...

Weighed a ton and was the size of a small house. My uncle owned it and let me watch Star Wars every time we visited. He taped it off the tele when it was first shown. I must have worn that tape to shreds.

Rising

United States
    I first saw Fulci's Zombie fully uncut on Beta. I still remember the hilarious "We are going to eat you!" tagline on the cover.

United States
    I'm old enough to remember this bleedin thing...

Weighed a ton and was the size of a small house. My uncle owned it and let me watch Star Wars every time we visited. He taped it off the tele when it was first shown. I must have worn that tape to shreds.
    That thing is beautiful, man.

Ireland
    Wrong thread.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 06-Nov-2022 at 08:00 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Episode 23 Family. I really thought it was building up to Rick Grimes showing up. But I will say for the first time in a long time I felt some anxiety about walkers about to consume non red shirts. Always liked Lydia. Shame of what Coral and her could have been had Gimple not been a jackass.

Daryl and Judith scenes. Clearly a call back to Rick carrying Carl to Hershel’s farm. I like the young girl playing Judith. I enjoyed this episode for most part. But if Rick isn’t in the finale to see Daryl with Judith in some form it will be the crime of the century. I really need to quit typing this stuff from a phone.