Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD Season 11-B & 11-C discussion... **ROLLING SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD Season 11-B & 11-C discussion... **ROLLING SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x09 "No Other Way" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Jon Amiel
    Written by: Corey Reed

So season 11, part 2 of 3, has got underway (well, it airs a week early on AMC+).

*rubs hands* Right-o!

- - - Updated - - -

I liked how this episode dispensed with the Reapers pronto, swept them right the hell outta the way, no more fannying about with them while having Maggie go full on lady of vengeance on their arses.

There's also some nice setup as we can finally dig much more into the Commonwealth in the coming weeks (nice 'six months later' teaser, too). I'd imagine Rick's Commonwealth-related story will be getting adapted for Daryl.

Looking forward to the next episode.

I did wonder about the hygiene of the water with the walkers in it, but then again we've seen our characters in zombie-infested water before, so I'm okay with it.

United States
    Damn what a way to come back! And that ending! So many moments here I need time to process it all
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Damn what a way to come back! And that ending! So many moments here I need time to process it all
    I loved how savage Maggie was, just when you think they're going to let the Reapers slink away in some queasy truce type deal - oosh! - she guns 'em down and takes her revenge. No fannying about.

And there goes Aiden. I'd actually forgotten they'd left him in that abandoned church until she arrived outside it. There goes another blacksmith, I guess! Not much luck comes to those in useful jobs ... especially medics.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I loved how savage Maggie was, just when you think they're going to let the Reapers slink away in some queasy truce type deal - oosh! - she guns 'em down and takes her revenge. No fannying about.

And there goes Aiden. I'd actually forgotten they'd left him in that abandoned church until she arrived outside it. There goes another blacksmith, I guess! Not much luck comes to those in useful jobs ... especially medics.
    Maggie took Negan’s advice when she asked him if he would have handled the situation with her group differently and he said yes, he would have killed them all.

Maggie thought about this and decided to not let the Reapers walk away after everything they did. Loved that.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Also, the way Gabriel dealt with the Reapers' very own preacher was pretty great.

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x10 "New Haunts" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x10 "New Haunts" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Jon Amiel
    Written by: Magali Lozano

Rising

United States
    Pretty violent episode.

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x11 "Rogue Element" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x11 "Rogue Element" specifically inside this thread.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael Cudlitz
    Written by: David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick

Super Moderator

UK
    Getting a better look inside the Commonwealth now. Interesting to see the clash of this cloistered community versus our battle-hardened survivors, particularly with Daryl trying to find a place to fit in.

Diggin' Mercer. Looks just like he did in the comics and the actor's nailing it.

United States
    Mercer is so damn spot on!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is in...

The switcheroo with the lady Eugene was talking on the radio with.

What advantage do they get out of that?

Super Moderator

UK
    Mercer is so damn spot on!
    I liked some of the little details, such as Judith being introduced to the likes of Motorhead and buying music, and nice to see Daryl having to act as a sort of surrogate father/cool uncle to the kids. I've really liked the way that he has been allowed to grow and explore some areas that are quite alien to his character in the wake of Rick's disappearance.

I would like to see a bit more of their discomfort at trying to fit into this very pre-apoc style society after so many years (or, in Judith's case, an entire lifetime) in the dangerous wilds of the zombie apocalypse. The Commonwealth people, or so many of them, are so disconnected from the reality outside their walls.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I liked some of the little details, such as Judith being introduced to the likes of Motorhead and buying music, and nice to see Daryl having to act as a sort of surrogate father/cool uncle to the kids. I've really liked the way that he has been allowed to grow and explore some areas that are quite alien to his character in the wake of Rick's disappearance.

I would like to see a bit more of their discomfort at trying to fit into this very pre-apoc style society after so many years (or, in Judith's case, an entire lifetime) in the dangerous wilds of the zombie apocalypse. The Commonwealth people, or so many of them, are so disconnected from the reality outside their walls.
    Sucks we didn't get the group seeing the Commonwealth for the first time, like, we didn't get to even see the football stadium! You can tell they had to scale down due to restrictions.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 02-Mar-2022 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Yo

Super Moderator

UK
    Sucks we didn't get the group seeing the Commonwealth for the first time, like, we didn't get to even see the football stadium! You can tell they had to scale down due to restrictions.
    Yeah, I would've liked to have seen a little more of that 'wow' factor. I suppose we got a bit of it in 11A with the others rocking up there. I suppose they don't want to repeat themselves, but I would've liked just some little 'memory flashes' with the various characters being in the moment and then being shocked by something very normal in this new world and flashing back to their first encounter with the Commonwealth, just to enhance that idea of the giant schism between how they'd been living for so many years versus this very jarring shift, almost like finding yourself in pre-ZA days.

I really liked some of those moments when our group first arrived at Alexandria - e.g. Rick in a hot shower with all that muck sluicing off down the drain, or Carl being invited to play videogames and just not knowing what to think.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Mar-2022 at 10:46 PM.

United States
    I also really love seeing Daryl and Rosita actually having jobs earning income lol

Yeah I didn’t mind it as much cause it would have been kind of a repeat. Still wanna see that football stadium though!