Thread: Horror Fiend TV

United States

Horror Fiend TV

Don't know where else to post or if it's even allowed here, but me and some fam got a YouTube channel discussing everything horror! It's called Horror Fiend TV and we're still getting off the ground. Would appreciate some love and if you'd like, a sub would be greatly appreciated!

If not allowed please delete.

Thanks, everyone! Stay Scared!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCna...EqlLw/featured
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    May as well embed a sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNjtoY9El0

Are you scaling ratings out of 5 or 10? Because I was befuddled by "loved it - 3.5" (presumably out of ten?)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    May as well embed a sample.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNjtoY9El0

Are you scaling ratings out of 5 or 10? Because I was befuddled by "loved it - 3.5" (presumably out of ten?)
    Thanks, bro! Ratings out of 5. I did love watching the new TCM flick but it’s definitely not a 5 for me. It’s fun, but not a classic Will clean that up better for the next one.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Thanks, bro! Ratings out of 5. I did love watching the new TCM flick but it’s definitely not a 5 for me. It’s fun, but not a classic Will clean that up better for the next one.
    I had many an issue with the flick, but I was thinking 3.5/10 was too harsh. Mind you, 3.5/5 is too generous!

5/10 or 2.5/5 max IMHO.

BTW - which one are you from the trio, out of interest? I only know you as a cheeky Rosita.

United States
    I had many an issue with the flick, but I was thinking 3.5/10 was too harsh. Mind you, 3.5/5 is too generous!

5/10 or 2.5/5 max IMHO.

BTW - which one are you from the trio, out of interest? I only know you as a cheeky Rosita.
    I can see that, usually if I enjoy a movie I’ll rate it around 3.5 if it wasn’t too offensively bad but had faults.

I’m the guy with all the Funko Pops! Lol on the bottom.

Super Moderator

UK
    I can see that, usually if I enjoy a movie I’ll rate it around 3.5 if it wasn’t too offensively bad but had faults.

I’m the guy with all the Funko Pops! Lol on the bottom.
    1) Aye, there was fun to be had with TCM'22, but it was also a near-complete arse-up in many regards. It's a soft 5/10 from me, lol, 'cos some of the stuff I disliked about the movie I really fucking hated about it.

I'm currently struggling my way through "Inseminoid". All the problems with it come down to the script - awful script - awful dialogue and, most problematic of all, dreadful structure. You're just tossed into the movie without really knowing who anybody is, what the group dynamic is, where we are, why we're there, what the hell is going on. It's a shit show of a screenplay, so it's actually difficult to watch. I'm kinda just hopping in and out for 5-10 minutes when in-between other things.

2) Ah! I guessed correctly!

United States
    1) Aye, there was fun to be had with TCM'22, but it was also a near-complete arse-up in many regards. It's a soft 5/10 from me, lol, 'cos some of the stuff I disliked about the movie I really fucking hated about it.

I'm currently struggling my way through "Inseminoid". All the problems with it come down to the script - awful script - awful dialogue and, most problematic of all, dreadful structure. You're just tossed into the movie without really knowing who anybody is, what the group dynamic is, where we are, why we're there, what the hell is going on. It's a shit show of a screenplay, so it's actually difficult to watch. I'm kinda just hopping in and out for 5-10 minutes when in-between other things.

2) Ah! I guessed correctly!
    Hey, 5/10 even soft isn’t horrible! That’s quite how I see it lol! No kidding, though, the film really has issues but I’m more forgiving if the gore entertains me and it isn’t overly long.

Never heard of Inseminoid but after your experience I think I’m good lol

You guessed right!
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 04-Mar-2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Inseminoid

Super Moderator

UK
    Hey, 5/10 even soft isn’t horrible! That’s quite how I see it lol! No kidding, though, the film really has issues but I’m more forgiving if the gore entertains me and it isn’t overly long.

Never heard of Inseminoid but after your experience I think I’m good lol
    Yeah, at least TCM'22 moved quick (75 minutes and the credits roll) and the gore delivered (as did Leatherface).

Inseminoid ... yeah ... it's one of those post-Alien rip-offs, but it's a big old mess. Half-way through so far...

United States
    Yeah, at least TCM'22 moved quick (75 minutes and the credits roll) and the gore delivered (as did Leatherface).

Inseminoid ... yeah ... it's one of those post-Alien rip-offs, but it's a big old mess. Half-way through so far...
    So, not even worth watching for the cheese??

Super Moderator

UK
    So, not even worth watching for the cheese??
    Hmmm ... not sure yet. Still only half-way through. I similarly struggled with Xtro, but at least that movie was so weird that it kinda had that going for it. Inseminoid does have cheese, but not as much as, say, Creature (1985), which was another post-Alien rip-off (with Klaus Kinski in the cast).

You may get some mileage out of it, but I've been a bit let down by it. There's many post-Alien rip-offs out there, but not enough of them truly deliver - unlike Contamination (aka Alien Contamination) by Luigi Cozzi. Now that flick delivers! Exploding chests? Yes! How many? ALL OF THEM!

Ireland
    I rented Inseminoid and Titan Find (AKA Creature) as a kid one Saturday morning, thinking they were going to be like Aliens.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I rented Inseminoid and Titan Find (AKA Creature) as a kid one Saturday morning, thinking they were going to be like Aliens.

I bet you were let down!

I just finished off "Inseminoid". Bit of a slog as there's not an awful lot of point to anything that's going on and there's a lack of oomph about it (plus woeful dialogue). There's some moments, but it could have been so much more than what it was. Even though I can't remember an awful lot about "Creature", I cracked through that one much quicker and generally enjoyed it better, even if it wasn't much cop relatively speaking.

Anyway, I've ended up taking this thread off-course with all this Inseminoid talk - another sample of Horror Fiend, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5zHGThbhY
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 06-Mar-2022 at 12:32 PM.

United States
    It’s all good, MZ! Any chance of talking bad cheese horror movies is always welcomed in my book! Lol
    Thanks, brother!

Ireland

I bet you were let down!

I just finished off "Inseminoid". Bit of a slog as there's not an awful lot of point to anything that's going on and there's a lack of oomph about it (plus woeful dialogue). There's some moments, but it could have been so much more than what it was. Even though I can't remember an awful lot about "Creature", I cracked through that one much quicker and generally enjoyed it better, even if it wasn't much cop relatively speaking.
    Little me was more perplexed than anything else. But I remember that Saturday morning really well. The parents were in bed and I had the run of the sitting room and sat down to 3 hours of WTF. I went outside to go play football with the mates afterward, but couldn't stop banging on about what went wrong in those movies until they told me to shut up.

I actually have a rip of both films knocking around. I'll have to revisit them one Saturday morning while the Mrs is in the sack.

Then I'll have to find a load kids to play football with and moan at them about the perils of sub-par 'Alien' ripoffs, before they tell me to shut up and have me arrested.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....