Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isle of the Dead: Walking Dead Spin-Off

Great Britain

Isle of the Dead: Walking Dead Spin-Off

isle-of-the-dead-1646675320659.jpg

One of the spin offs announced Negan and Maggie take New York.

https://www.ign.com/articles/isle-of...ally-announced

Super Moderator

UK
    Erm ... why would Maggie ever go to NYC with Negan?

Who knows, could be great, but I was a bit perplexed reading the article about it. FearTWD has defined the phrase "mixed bag", while World Beyond was so cringe-inducing I abandoned it after two episodes.

I suppose this has Maggie and Negan going for it, but again ... why would Maggie team up with Negan? We've seen it already on TWD and it was within strict confines of plausibility with the stakes not only high but personal (the survival of their community).

They're gonna have to come up with one hell of a boatload of internal logic to sell this concept.

Still no talk of the Rick Grimes movie ... wasn't that supposed to be a trilogy once upon a time? Now just one? Never hear anything about it. I just want them to bring Rick and Michonne back in Season 11C and get them wrapped up inside the body of the main show, not some appendix add-on.

United States
    It’s a trap! Just like Kirkman previewing issues past 193! Just like the Daryl and Carol spin-off. If real, I don’t have any interest right now.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It’s a trap! Just like Kirkman previewing issues past 193! Just like the Daryl and Carol spin-off. If real, I don’t have any interest right now.
    Hmmm ... a fair point ... could be a bluff to hide a surprise or two. Don't forget "Tales of The Walking Dead" as well - another announced spin-off.

But on the other hand, we've already had two spin-off shows, numerous web series, and the amount of merchandise that has been pumped out over the years is head-spinning.

Either scenario is just as likely.

Ireland
    I hope it's a bluff. The idea of Maggie Green being BFF's with the psycho that beat her hubby's head to a pulp is...well, frankly...fucking stupid and insulting.

In fact, and I've said it before, the idea that Negan is still even alive at all is insulting.

I've watched a few episodes from S8 recently, specifically the Saviours attack on Alexandrea and the idea that this POS lunatic is still breathing after everything that he's done to "our" group just sickens me TBH. It's just an awful erasing of what has come before, simply so Negan can remain alive. Negan, in fairness, is a compelling character and played very well by whatshisface. But there are limits to what I can be expected to believe.

This fucker would be dead, whether at the hands of a general agreement or by someone who'd lost someone to his hand. There's just no alternative to that reality that makes any kind of logical sense.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I hope it's a bluff. The idea of Maggie Green being BFF's with the psycho that beat her hubby's head to a pulp is...well, frankly...fucking stupid and insulting.

In fact, and I've said it before, the idea that Negan is still even alive at all is insulting.

I've watched a few episodes from S8 recently, specifically the Saviours attack on Alexandrea and the idea that this POS lunatic is still breathing after everything that he's done to "our" group just sickens me TBH. It's just an awful erasing of what has come before, simply so Negan can remain alive. Negan, in fairness, is a compelling character and played very well by whatshisface. But there are limits to what I can be expected to believe.

This fucker would be dead, whether at the hands of a general agreement or by someone who'd lost someone to his hand. There's just no alternative to that reality that makes any kind of logical sense.
    Hope so too, but they already want a series with Carol and Daryl, so I wouldn't put it pass them doing Negan and Maggie what with them being very popular characters.

Also its 800 miles from Georgia to New York how the hell do they make that trip?

Poster should say "Don't Watch, Dead Inside" tbh

Ireland
    Carol and Daryl work, cos they're mates and have a long history of trying to survive together against the odds.

Mags and Negan though? The psycho who murdered her hubby and loads of her friends? There'd be more sense in Churchill and Hitler agreeing to go on holiday to Lanzarote.

As Mini said, they're really going to have to come up with some iron cast reason for that bullshit to be happening for me not to nope out in very short order.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    This has to be a lie. Even the poster looks fan made!!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Hopefully it's a lie, but they are even linking articles to it in the news section on the front page of IMDB.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    This has to be a lie. Even the poster looks fan made!!
    Yeah ... it does look a bit ... ... ... shit, doesn't it?

There's not been an official poster for the Carol/Daryl spin-off has there? What about Tales Of The Walking Dead?

I can buy Rick's reason for not killing Negan - to try and build back towards a more normal society again with rules, and that sparing his life but imprisoning him was in itself a challenge of faith in something more beyond. We saw the fruits, fragile as they were, of that in the early part of season 9 as they attempted to bring the remaining Saviours into the fold. They did actually bring some of them fully on-side - people who'd done terrible things to them in the past during 'war time' (albeit not to the extent or authority that Negan did) - but it ultimately folded through circumstance. It was still the right thing to do, though, but it did require everyone to chip in - we saw what happens when some of the Saviours didn't pull their weight.

It made for a lot of tension and drama and interesting moral questions. I think Negan plays into this as well.

Perhaps there comes a point where so many terrible things have happened that it begins to blur - while Maggie did the right thing killing off those members of The Reapers (bar one), there's no doubt a cost to her as an individual.

It is fair to say, though, that they never quite justified Negan's methods - at least in terms of explaining how he reasonably got to that point. We saw his flashback episode, but that was really just a Negan/Lucille episode, rather than a 'beginning of The Saviours' episode. It took very little from "Here's Negan", the one-off comic/graphic novel, which did actually show him laying down order upon an unruly gang who, in that case, were routinely raping their women and using them as trade. Negan stamped that shit right out. They did make him less of a thuggish type in the TV show flashback compared to the comic, mind.

They never quite justified that 'Team Rick could be seen from another viewpoint by Team Negan', because Team Rick's encounters were always in reaction to an aggressive force. They reacted with aggression having already been attacked. They would have quite happily worked with anyone they met had circumstances allowed. They weren't playing games and enjoying the violence they were forced to impart on occasion. So it never quite added up in truth, even though, sure, from Negan's POV Team Rick had indeed attacked his own people and outposts ... but well, Team Negan were kind of WWII Germany to Team Rick's allies in that whole set up.

Super Moderator

UK
    Is there a thread for the Daryl/Carol spin-off? I can't seem to find one, so I'll post this here:

https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/meliss...WPQqfwfYNBv5eM

AMC’s in-the-works Walking Dead spinoff centered on Norman Reedus‘ Daryl and Melissa McBride‘s Carol is undergoing a major change.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that McBride will no longer be involved in the offshoot. Instead, the new series will focus on Daryl. UPDATE: Initial buzz suggested the decision to jettison Carol was a creative one, although an AMC rep maintains it was about logistics.

“Melissa McBride has given life to one of the most interesting, real, human and popular characters in The Walking Dead Universe,” a network spokesperson said in a statement to TVLine. “Unfortunately, she is no longer able to participate in the previously announced spinoff focused on the Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier characters, which will be set and filmed in Europe this summer and premiere next year. Relocating to Europe became logistically untenable for Melissa at this time. We know fans will be disappointed by this news, but The Walking Dead Universe continues to grow and expand in interesting ways and we very much hope to see Carol again in the near future.”

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Is there a thread for the Daryl/Carol spin-off? I can't seem to find one, so I'll post this here:

https://tvline.com/2022/04/27/meliss...WPQqfwfYNBv5eM
    Wonder if they will now kill Carol off while ending OG series? I still don’t see how spin off at this point will work. I hope Daryl survives indefinitely regardless what road they take. And if Rick and Michonne don’t return to close series then F you to all those that decided so.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Wonder if they will now kill Carol off while ending OG series? I still don’t see how spin off at this point will work. I hope Daryl survives indefinitely regardless what road they take. And if Rick and Michonne don’t return to close series then F you to all those that decided so.
    Yeah, the series really needs Rick and Michonne to return and for a proper reunion. Ending it in a tacked-on movie just feels like an appendix. We need closure within the main body of the series, so I'm totally agreed with you on that.

I hope Carol remains alive, as so few OG cast members remain ... although I was surprised to hear it's gonna be set in Europe! International travel in the ZA? Erm ... okay ... but why?

I bet there's a fair bit of re-thinking having to go on now, structuring a new type of show. Also, if Daryl's going to be sodding off on a European Vacation, then who's gonna be watching the kids? Surely Rick and Michonne have to be coming back? He wouldn't just leave them.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, the series really needs Rick and Michonne to return and for a proper reunion. Ending it in a tacked-on movie just feels like an appendix. We need closure within the main body of the series, so I'm totally agreed with you on that.

I hope Carol remains alive, as so few OG cast members remain ... although I was surprised to hear it's gonna be set in Europe! International travel in the ZA? Erm ... okay ... but why?

I bet there's a fair bit of re-thinking having to go on now, structuring a new type of show. Also, if Daryl's going to be sodding off on a European Vacation, then who's gonna be watching the kids? Surely Rick and Michonne have to be coming back? He wouldn't just leave them.
    Daryl could conceivably go to NY with Maggie and Negan and then take over the boat from Zombie. The fat zombie is no longer on board, but full of bullet holes and walking around somewhere in NY. Then sail to Europe, avoiding Matul like the plague, of course.

United States
    TWD characters making their way over to Europe? Ugh.

AMC has already made so many retarded decisions with TWD, and they just keep on coming up with more and more convoluted, ridiculous, and implausible bullshit as they go.

I'll be lucky if I even watch the rest of the main show, much less any of the spin offs or movies (if they ever actually do something besides talk about making them). I have the bonus episodes from last season and this season so far recorded, but I haven't bothered to watch them. I'd like to see how it plays out, but my give a damn level is honestly almost down to zero.