Thread: Star Trek The Motion Picture 4K The Director's Edition (film)

Administrator

England

Star Trek The Motion Picture 4K The Director's Edition (film)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    "With new HIGHER RESOLUTION VISUAL EFFECTS"

Uh-oh! Translation: "With New CHEAP CGI GALORE ADDED TO THE ORIGINAL FILM, just like George Lucas did with the original Star Wars Trilogy".

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post

Uh-oh! Translation: "With New CHEAP CGI GALORE ADDED TO THE ORIGINAL FILM, just like George Lucas did with the original Star Wars Trilogy".
    I suspect it's replacing aged (poor) effects with modern (better) ones...

Not just added lots of annoying aliens tripping over
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post

It looks like they remastered the old effects, which really have aged a bit and never been properly remastered. The three standouts I can see is the V'Ger model and two matte paintings of San Francisco that seem to have been replaced with digital alternatives.
    Coincidentally I just watched this film again the other night. I like it a lot, but it is really slow at times. I'd say at least 20 minutes of it are just montages of the Enterprise and/or Kirk and/or Spock looking in awe at things. I watched the theatrical version, I know the director's cut is a bit trimmed.

Anyway, looks like something I'd enjoy.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I like it a lot, but it is really slow at times. I'd say at least 20 minutes of it are just montages of the Enterprise and/or Kirk and/or Spock looking in awe at things.
    LOL! This new version has the dock exit scene now lasting 47 minutes
    -Carl Sagan