Thread: Airpot Zombie Kids - How do you think they got there?

Super Moderator

UK

Airpot Zombie Kids - How do you think they got there?

I'm reading the novelisation of Dawn of the Dead, the re-print included in the limited edition Second Sight Blu-Ray that was released in 2020, and I'm up to the airport section and I started thinking - where did those airport zombie kids come from?

Why were they there in the first place, do you think? What might have happened to lead to their injuries? Were they there alone? Did their parents/guardian lock them in there and take off in a plane?

What are your theories for them?

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm reading the novelisation of Dawn of the Dead, the re-print included in the limited edition Second Sight Blu-Ray that was released in 2020, and I'm up to the airport section and I started thinking - where did those airport zombie kids come from?

Why were they there in the first place, do you think? What might have happened to lead to their injuries? Were they there alone? Did their parents/guardian lock them in there and take off in a plane?

What are your theories for them?
    As you point out, the kids had visible injuries, this leads to the most plausible conclusion: someone locked them there, either to come back for them later on in order to try to help them (but evidently never made it back and the kids eventually died and turned), or because they were dying or actually already dead and did not have the courage to dispatch them (similar to what we see happening earlier in the basement of the building where the residents were locking up the dead without damaging their brains, and would therefore end up turning.)