Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar 2: The Way Of Water (film)

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    smells
    Keep your fingers crossed that there aren't any "ripe" zombies in that flick.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Keep your fingers crossed that there aren't any "ripe" zombies in that flick.
    I'm wondering what the movement, smells and water spray would be like with 4DX for an adult flick?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm wondering what the movement, smells and water spray would be like with 4DX for an adult flick?
    Back/forth/back/forth, fish, and something akin to Noel Edmond's House Party?

Administrator

England
    So, Avatar 2, generally good. Some mediocre stuff, but generally a good story - somewhat similar to the first - told well, with stunning visuals frankly.

Now, onto my 3D experience, which was so bad I think I'm going to pursue it. The image was dim and lacked a lot of colour. And this was even with the 2D material before the film, even without 3D glasses on. It just felt wrong! If felt so bad I'd probably never see a 3D film again. And while I haven't seen a 3D film in a couple of years, I don't recall coming out of one in the past feeling that way. So I'm going to see if I can complain/visit a local cinema of this chain, and watch 3-4 mins of the film (in 3D) to see if it is the same, or better. I think the projector and the cinema I went to in London had a problem.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I've heard of this being a problem - i.e. piss poor 3D projection.

I saw numerous mixed stories from folks who went to see Dawn in 3D. Some folks had a fine experience, while others had a terrible experience - and it all came down to the projection at their specific cinema, so it comes down to the projectionist and the equipment, it'd appear.

I'd certainly be much more cautious about going to see a 3D film these days, if I even bothered to go to the cinema factory now, that is, because it seems your experience can be ruined by so many things - and now even a professional projectionist isn't good enough to do their job properly.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've heard of this being a problem - i.e. piss poor 3D projection.

I saw numerous mixed stories from folks who went to see Dawn in 3D. Some folks had a fine experience, while others had a terrible experience - and it all came down to the projection at their specific cinema, so it comes down to the projectionist and the equipment, it'd appear.

I'd certainly be much more cautious about going to see a 3D film these days, if I even bothered to go to the cinema factory now, that is, because it seems your experience can be ruined by so many things - and now even a professional projectionist isn't good enough to do their job properly.
    Yeh, as a friend of mine who used to own a production company for the film industry pointed out, long gone are the days of projectionists. So there could well be problems, but since it's all automated, it goes unnoticed or unreported.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh, as a friend of mine who used to own a production company for the film industry pointed out, long gone are the days of projectionists. So there could well be problems, but since it's all automated, it goes unnoticed or unreported.
    Seems to be about one person running an entire cinema's worth of computers, right? Flitting back and forth, not paying attention to focus, framing etc. Pathetic.

Administrator

England
    Right, I've phoned Cineworld and reported by grievance. They will now chat to the Wembley cinema as regards that screen/projector. If they come back and say yes there is/was a problem, fabulous.

That said, a couple of my friends are planning on seeing it (in 3D) so I might go a watch it again so I'll be able to compare that showing to the last one brightness/colour wise.
    -Carl Sagan