Thread: Resident Evil (Netflix series)

Great Britain

Resident Evil (Netflix series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tb9ENbFWvQ

Looks ok and please be more like the Korean Zombie Netflix stuff and less like the RE movies.

Another wait and see.

Administrator

England
    Looks OK!? Fingers crossed...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i could tell from the trailer that this would be probably worse that the terrible film series of the early 2000's, but holy shit:

"oh dear" comes to mind....and "what the fuck?"

sad to see what happens when folks with no reverence for a source material just cash in on a popular brand and do it dirty like this...i seriously doubt we'll ever have a decent live-action adaptation.

United States
    The movie was better

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerFan101 View Post
    The movie was better
    The recent one or the one from twenty years ago?

Although, by the looks of that clip alone, either of the movies would trample this bugger up. I mean ... wow.

You'd have thought that Netflix would be thinking "if we're gonna make an RE series, we'd better get someone who knows the franchise to be in charge of it" ... but nah.

All those stories and all that lore and you can't find something to do with it? Sheesh. You're leaving money on the table.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The recent one or the one from twenty years ago?

Although, by the looks of that clip alone, either of the movies would trample this bugger up. I mean ... wow.

You'd have thought that Netflix would be thinking "if we're gonna make an RE series, we'd better get someone who knows the franchise to be in charge of it" ... but nah.

All those stories and all that lore and you can't find something to do with it? Sheesh. You're leaving money on the table.
    The movie that is played by Milla Jovovich as Alice

Great Britain
    Good news everyone the series has been cancelled, good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 27-Aug-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Good news everyone the series has been cancelled, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hopefully that'll be a lesson (to add to all the other lessons) regarding piss poor adaptations. One of the key things should be to hire people who are familiar with the source material and who also respect it! Additionally, hire people who can actually write worth a damn ... so much truly terrible screenwriting out there in these last few years. Insultingly bad.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I wish Netflix had more of my favorite shows, but they would probably never add them because of propriety rights. I don’t know the criteria for choosing movies they decide to add to the platform.
    There are other services like https://www.rooomba.tv that offer a bigger collection of movies and series. They add way more often movies because any guidelines do not bind them. Sometimes Netflix is just not enough for me, and I have to look for movies I would like in other sources. Sometimes I even have to look for movies on illegal websites because I cannot find them on any paid platform.
    Last edited by stoianracing; 18-Oct-2022 at 02:14 AM. Reason: edit