Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andor (Disney+ series) - Star Wars

Ireland
    Well shooting on S02 begins this month, so figures must be positive enough in that regard. Although I've heard that the figures aren't as high as the likes of the Baby Yoda show. But that's kinda to be expected really.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Well shooting on S02 begins this month, so figures must be positive enough in that regard. Although I've heard that the figures aren't as high as the likes of the Baby Yoda show. But that's kinda to be expected really.
    IIRC it was planned from the get-go as a two-season dealio, but good to know they're underway.

Andor has a very different vibe from The Mandalorian. The latter is more of a jolly good romp, often dipping into the familiar sandbox of the Jedi and whatnot, whereas Andor is in the more 'normal' and 'scrungy' corners of the world. The Mandalorian is suitable for all ages, whereas Andor isn't going to appeal to the kiddywinks - or so I would assume, anyway. It's much more subtle (relatively speaking), tougher and grittier - all that prison stuff was pretty bleak in some regards, while the political movements with the rise of the Empire's tyranny and having to figure out ways to move money secretly to rebel causes is all a bit more Cold War than World War.

I loved episode ten, btw. Real fist-in-the-air stuff, and that meeting with what's-his-name and the man-on-the-inside was excellent.

I wonder what happens to the chap who couldn't swim!

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhEsoSAhvY

Pretty much nails it on Andor. A very good show with the misfortune of following a couple of stinkers.

I completely disagree on Drinker's flippant dismissal of The Mandalorian, though. I'm sensing a 'cool to hate it now' vibe going on with Mando whiffing about the web.

Administrator

England
    Finally binge watched this. Very good! The review above is pretty spot on.

Shame the next season is at least a year off!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan