Thread: Robocop: Rogue City (video game)

Administrator

England

Robocop: Rogue City (video game)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Risks being a bit slow and dull?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svObtEUhXLU
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhx6gBvWQAw

Get a bit more of a glimpse of some gameplay mechanics in here.

Hopefully it's not some buggy mess, but it looks pretty rad from the trailer.

Administrator

England
    Fingers crossed!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    This has been getting great reviews.

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I know but I tried the demo and it seemed really thin and dull TBH. I'll have to try it again...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I really wanna play it. I've only heard good things about it. Sure, there's some rough edges, but otherwise all I've heard/read/seen is people enjoying the fuck out of it.

Administrator

England
    Try the (free) demo and see what you think?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Try the (free) demo and see what you think?
    There's a free demo? Or is that just on PC?

I'm on Xbox.

Just 'gave it a goog' and I think that demo was only on PC, not on consoles.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Nov-2023 at 02:22 PM.

Administrator

England
    Shame... Why no demos on consoles? Odd...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Shame... Why no demos on consoles? Odd...
    Yeah, it's quite rare.

Probably various factors, including dev teams being slammed trying to get their games finished in time and do as much bug-catching as possible before launch (which is never enough - even very good devs like Remedy have been hammering away at a seemingly endless slew of major bugs in their recently launched Alan Wake II, which is another game I really wanna play sometime soon).

Not bothering with a demo is one less task on their plate. Also, if the game turns out to be shite then they've got your full whack of money, rather than turning you off with a shite demo.

Back in the days of game mags there'd be demo disks, I remember having a few even on Xbox 360, and trying out some games on those. Now, though, the amount of data would be too much to get a good selection on even a BR disc.

England
    Thought I'd pop in, it's been a while!

I played this game through a couple of weeks ago and it's definitely a fun game and well worth it if you're a fan of the first film. It doesn't have the depth of say RDR2, The Witcher, Cyberpunk etc, but it's a blast if you don't try to peel the surface back too much. There's an excellent part where the city has been overrun by gangs and you blast your way through while the Robocop theme music is playing, it makes you feel like the man himself and is a lot of fun!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Thought I'd pop in, it's been a while!

I played this game through a couple of weeks ago and it's definitely a fun game and well worth it if you're a fan of the first film. It doesn't have the depth of say RDR2, The Witcher, Cyberpunk etc, but it's a blast if you don't try to peel the surface back too much. There's an excellent part where the city has been overrun by gangs and you blast your way through while the Robocop theme music is playing, it makes you feel like the man himself and is a lot of fun!
    I really wanna play this game!!!