Thread: Halloween Ends (film) - 2022

Super Moderator

UK

Halloween Ends (film) - 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYtIC12eHcI

Looking forward to this. Loved the 2018 movie and, even with some of its flaws, really dug Halloween Kills, so stoked for this trilogy (or technically, come to think of it, tetralogy/quadrilogy) capper.

Administrator

England
    Fingers crossed...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ...something tells me this won't be the end of these movies.

i used to be a big fan of this franchise as a teen, but now i only really appreciate the first two. haven't seen any of these new ones yet but they just look like they keep using the same camera angles, houses, etc...hell jamie lee curtis looks like she's even wearing the same shirt as the original film. there's only so much they can do with these films, it seems, and it's all been done to death.....several times over at this point.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 28-Jul-2022 at 11:59 PM. Reason: .

Rising

United States
    I've lost count of how many times it has been claimed that "this is the final one"...

Ireland
    The last one was absolutely dreadful. I've no doubt his one will be too.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    The last one was absolutely dreadful. I've no doubt his one will be too.
    I thought the last one was actually OK
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I thought the last one was actually OK
    It certainly had its flaws, and some clunky writing here and there ("EVIL DIES TONIGHT!!!", some clumsy and lame excuses to allow Myers out of a corner the writers had put him into), but overall I enjoyed it. Not as good as the 2018 film, certainly not, but I enjoyed most of the wider world building going on in it, there were some very enjoyable kill sequences, and I loved the opening chunk in particular.

There is the problem of being a 'middle chapter', so it's kinda trapped in a sense of stasis for the most part, neither able to start or finish anything, but such is the problem with many middle chapters in trilogies.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It certainly had its flaws, and some clunky writing here and there ("EVIL DIES TONIGHT!!!", some clumsy and lame excuses to allow Myers out of a corner the writers had put him into), but overall I enjoyed it. Not as good as the 2018 film, certainly not, but I enjoyed most of the wider world building going on in it, there were some very enjoyable kill sequences, and I loved the opening chunk in particular.

There is the problem of being a 'middle chapter', so it's kinda trapped in a sense of stasis for the most part, neither able to start or finish anything, but such is the problem with many middle chapters in trilogies.
    Oh! Hang on! I think I'm confused... I think I've only seen the 2018 one... Not the 2021 one... Yep! I'm confused then...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh! Hang on! I think I'm confused... I think I've only seen the 2018 one... Not the 2021 one... Yep! I'm confused then...
    Numpty.

Get up-to-date, chum!

United States
    I saw this movie and I thought it was good ��

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkerFan101 View Post
    I saw this movie and I thought it was good ��
    How would you rate it to the last Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills (2021)?

Do you need to have seen Halloween Kills to watch this one?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    How would you rate it to the last Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills (2021)?

Do you need to have seen Halloween Kills to watch this one?
    In some ways Halloween Ends is such a departure (aka "fuck you") to the previous two films that it sits alone ... like a smelly kid at school. Halloween Kills is far superior to Ends. Kills is a direct follow-on from the 2018 film, whereas Ends has a time jump - but there are certain events or character introductions that happen in the second movie which provide needed context.

Administrator

England
    Oh... You're making me thing Ends isn't worth it, and given the necessity to watch Kills too?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh... You're making me thing Ends isn't worth it, and given the necessity to watch Kills too?
    Kills absolutely shits all over Ends. It's not as spot-on as the 2018 film, but it's a solid entry overall (despite a couple of wobbles).

Ends, on the other hand, is just one 'fuck you' to the fans and the franchise after another and just gets lamer and lamer as it goes. It's pretty much a bait-and-switch, too, baiting the audience with a grand finale for Michael Myers on one last rampage and instead giving us old dufter Myers hiding in a sewer and some jackass named Corey stealing almost all the screentime.