Thread: Walking Dead movies with Rick scrapped…..

United States

Walking Dead movies with Rick scrapped…..

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/07/th...es-1234744691/

The stars revealed that a previously-announced series of theatrical films starring Lincoln will not be moving forward. Instead, Lincoln and Gurira will reprise their roles as Rick Grimes and Michonne in a six-episode limited series from showrunner Scott Gimple.

United States
    I can't say I'm all that surprised. Hopefully, Gimple doesn't fuck this up as bad as he did TWD's later episodes when he was in control.

Rising

United States
    It started with the promise of "three movies", then one, now zero.

The whole idea of severing Rick from the main show and transplanting him into separate movies or shows was silly to begin with. He was the only character the main show truly could not do without. It always revolved around him. It was basically "his" show. TWD has never been the same since that bad move.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well at least we're getting a limited six-episode mini-series to cover this, but then I'm now assuming we won't have them return inside the main body of Season 11 of TWD, which would be disappointing and feel a bit 'tacked on'.

As long as it's good, then that's aye fine, but it'd feel tidier to have it wrapped up inside season 11 - not that I'm expecting that, but that's just what would've felt most right, if that makes sense?

Anyway - at least we are actually going to get something. It did feel odd to me that they were going the TV movie route rather than just do something like this that they're now doing.

Administrator

England
    ^ Agreed!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Ricks back, I’m back. Can’t say my faith is at a high level but this is easy to give a shot.
    When you reflect on the turbulence that has surrounded this show since between Season 1&2 with Durabont and also AMC cutting the budget. After all is said and done there is a huge emotional payoff on the horizon for fans when Rick and his family is reunited. I can only hope the writing and camera work deliver what we all deserve. I still remember Carl’s face at the quarry.