Thread: Hellraiser (Hulu Reboot)...

Super Moderator

UK

Hellraiser (Hulu Reboot)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LERZG74uATE

*shrug*

Trailer doesn't hook me at all ... ... get it ... hook me.

Who knows, maybe it's just a 'meh' trailer and it'll actually be good ... but when it comes to Hellraiser, there's the first two excellent movies and then a whole load of shit. Hellraiser 3 was stupid most of the time and trying to be all Freddy Krueger pun-tastic, and I only got as far as Hellraiser 4 (the one in space). Packed it in after that, although it was years before I'd realised they'd kept making them, so...

Administrator

England
    Is Pinhead now a 'strong female lead'?

Will be interesting to see it, but I suspect it'll ultimately just be a bit vapid and run of the mill.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Wokeraiser?

Super Moderator

UK

Will be interesting to see it, but I suspect it'll ultimately just be a bit vapid and run of the mill.
    Apparently in the original story 'Pinhead' (or 'Lead Cenobite' or un-named cenobite) was female/non-specific.

I don't really know why this movie needed to be made at all, to be honest. I'm not sure of the rights ownership situation (which was apparently part of the reason for some of the rushed-out later sequels), although Barker is back as a producer this time.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Apparently in the original story 'Pinhead' (or 'Lead Cenobite' or un-named cenobite) was female/non-specific.

I don't really know why this movie needed to be made at all, to be honest. I'm not sure of the rights ownership situation (which was apparently part of the reason for some of the rushed-out later sequels), although Barker is back as a producer this time.
    Well, famous brand so guaranteed attention and therefore $?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, famous brand so guaranteed attention and therefore $?
    Yeah, the old cliche of horror reboots/remakes again.

Even making it a female Pinhead, regardless of the source material, just feels so predictable and cliched by this point.

The trailer didn't give me any chills either, just felt all rather ... *shrug* ... you know?

Ireland
    I thought that this was going to be a series.

Anyway, 'Hellraiser' is one of those stories that has absolutely nowhere to go. Once you've seen the original film, and I'd chuck the sequel in there too, you're done. I cannot see what a remake will have to offer anyone who's even remotely familiar with the 80's movies, other than a mild curiosity piece.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....