Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD: Dead City teaser...

Super Moderator

UK

TWD: Dead City teaser...

Rising

United States
    Just when you thought The Walking Dead was really "over"... hehehehe! No, producers won't let it "die" that easily. There's still plenty of money to be milked out of it.

Administrator

England
    I'll give it a few episodes...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'll give it a few episodes...
    I think it's just a mini-series of six and done.

Administrator

England
    Ohhh! Well, that's good IMHO. A defined single story.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think it's just a mini-series of six and done.
    There seems to be conflicting information regarding this, as apparently AMC itself has mentioned a "first season" (which naturally implies that there could be at least a second one):

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...g-dead-spinoff

"Dead City Could Potentially Be More Than One Season

As I said before, there are many spinoffs that have been announced, most of which have ended up being two seasons (The Walking Dead: World Beyond) or one season (Tales of the Walking Dead), so far. However, I have a theory that Dead City could potentially be more than one season.

When AMC revealed the series, it noted that the “first season” would consist of six-episodes. This could mean that if Dead City ends up being popular enough, we might just get the chance to see Negan and Maggie in Manhattan for longer. Now that sounds like something I’d be down for."

https://1428elm.com/2023/03/12/the-w...ase-date-more/

"Although the first season will be relatively short, consisting of only six episodes, the anticipation for this exciting new series is sure to make each episode a thrilling experience. As for what the future holds beyond the first season, only time will tell, but for now, fans can eagerly anticipate the debut of the new show."

Super Moderator

UK
    If they do do a second season they should leave it at that. You can't string out the 'captured Hershel' impetus for their adventure into NYC for very long and, well, you want Maggie to be back with the gang living happily.

Tales of The Walking Dead blew goats like a goat blowing champ (i.e. it was terrible), meanwhile TWD: World Beyond was so irritating so immediately I never got beyond episode two of season one. FearTWD has been the most wildly variable show in terms of quality, but I'm glad it's coming to an end and will trudge through the final season just for completion's sake.

The one I'm really looking forward to is the Rick/Michonne mini-series.

Administrator

England
    On the back of the reviews I didn't even bother with "Tales of The Walking Dead"
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    On the back of the reviews I didn't even bother with "Tales of The Walking Dead"
    You made the right decision. I trudged through four-out-of-six of them (playing them at damn near double speed, too!) and they were a fucking chore.

So much of it didn't fit in with the TWD world at all - such as the 'groundhog day' style episode, which was beyond idiotic and so friggin' bad.

A couple of half-decent ideas in amongst the sludge, but they were all squandered. Such poor writing in general. Yeesh.

Hey, Hollywood - look outside your area code for fresh talent, 'cos the pool you're currently fishing around in is so full of dead tiddlers.

Ireland
    You missed nothing.

And this will probably be a load of crap as well.

The entire enterprise has descended into muck at this stage.

The whole idea of Negan and Maggie together in any capacity is just intellectually insulting on such a grand scale, it beggars belief.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    You missed nothing.

And this will probably be a load of crap as well.

The entire enterprise has descended into muck at this stage.

The whole idea of Negan and Maggie together in any capacity is just intellectually insulting on such a grand scale, it beggars belief.
    This right here.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cln2q_-JCvc

Full trailer.

Looks like it could be okay, so fingers crossed. Certainly some nice scale going on in there, a bit of an Escape From New York-ish vibe in some respects. The 'fused together' zombie looks pretty cool.

Administrator

England
    I give it a go in the hope it has something good in it...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    This is shit.

I think I hate the walking dead at this point.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    This is shit.
    I pretty much figured it'd be. That's why I didn't watch it.

I think I hate the walking dead at this point.
    I've honestly hated it since the beginning of season 8. I stuck through watching it until the middle of season 10. I still have the rest recorded, but I've all but decided that I won't be forcing myself to watch it.

During the early days of the show, I never would have thought I'd grow to hate TWD. Thanks a lot Gimple (and whoever else played a part in royally fucking up a once great show).
    Last edited by beat_truck; 20-Jun-2023 at 06:21 AM. Reason: fuckup