Thread: The Flash (film) - The best Batman film in years?

Administrator

England

The Flash (film) - The best Batman film in years?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It might be okay, but it's way too late to the game. People won't turn up in droves to watch it.

Administrator

England
    There has been a long series of highly mediocre super hero films recently that's for sure, and people do seem to be getting tired of it. That said, I enjoyed Guardians 3 (although not as good as 1&2 IMHO), and if the reviews for "The Flash" continue to be good, I'll give it a go.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The interest in this film does indeed seem to be seeing it more as a Batman film than a Flash film, and the advertising is certainly leaning-in hard on that one ... not surprising when your protagonist has been leading an ... ... interesting ... ... life lately.

Certainly, my interest is much more in seeing the Batman stuff in this than anything else, but I'll definitely be watching it - at some point. Haven't been to the cinema since 2019 and this isn't the one to bring me back.

Administrator

England
    OK, fairly run of the mill enjoyable stuff. Nice seeing some famous faces reprising roles again.
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I thought Ezra Miller was persona non grata these days.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 20-Jun-2023 at 12:00 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Don't know... Missed anything about him TBH.

On the subject of other actors playing these famous roles in this film:-

Seeing a quick homage of Cage as Superman made my giggle like a school girl
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I think it was a case of Warner Bros had already spent a shedload on the movie, so weren't up for shelving it like they'd done with the much lower budgeted (by comparison) Batgirl (hence the marketing putting big focus on Batman's involvement). Also, there seemed to be attempts by EM and the surrounding team to be contrite, but EM's a bit of a shitshow and I doubt he'll be back on a project like this going forward.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    It might be okay, but it's way too late to the game. People won't turn up in droves to watch it.
    Nailed it.

Regarding Ezra Miller I don't think they've got that much star power. Most people would rather not see them than see them.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Nailed it.

Regarding Ezra Miller I don't think they've got that much star power. Most people would rather not see them than see them.

Nice prediction.

EM - yep, not got the star power. Few do these days, the wattage of the 'movie star' now is a dim whisp compared to the previous century.