Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD: "Daryl Dixon" spin-off...

Administrator

England
    Well, that was the most watchable Walking Dead stuff for quite a few years...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wasn’t expecting to enjoy this series as much as I did. Aside from the usual Daryl plot armor and MZ’s hidden comment above, which I agree with 100%, this one was fun.

Norman Reedus did a really great job as Daryl, was never as emotionally connected with the character until this series. Pleasantly surprised.

Loved the scenery, score, and the walkers were pretty damn gnarly. Killer ending too!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    I really liked that moment where Daryl stumbles across the WW2 cemetery and, albeit quite conveniently all things considered, finds the grave of his grandfather. It was just a nice little moment, and how it was tied-in to his Daryl's father grew up without a Dad and how that impacted him and then trickled down to Daryl's own lack of a proper father figure - which in-turn has affected Daryl in his interactions with Laurent, albeit for the better this time around (although we do see his frustration break out at one point in an earlier episode and you see what Daryl could have turned into if the apocalypse hadn't happened).

So yeah, the odd wobble here or there aside, I really enjoyed this spin-off. It's unfortunate it has taken this many spin-offs to actually nail one, but at least we've got there, heh.

Roll on season two!!!

Ireland
    Looks like I better sit down to watch this at some point.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....