Thread: Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)...

Super Moderator

UK

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Never saw a Ghostbusters movie I didn't like!

Then again, never saw one I liked either.

Also, I've only seen the first two.

And it was like 20 years ago.

Ireland
    They need to stop with this shite.

There's one good GB film and it was lightening in a bottle. They'll NEVER get it again...ever.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Bunch of misery guts, you lot.

Rising

United States
    As usual with most movies, sequels/prequels suck, they cannot stand up to the original. The first one was a huge success, and it also came out at a time when other burgeoning media greatly helped spread its success: the catchy theme song with its MTV-oriented music video and the Activision video game ported to numerous platforms of the time. The original movie not only was better but it also came out at the right time. It simply is impossible to replicate.
    Last edited by JDP; 11-Nov-2023 at 03:49 PM. Reason: ;

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    It simply is impossible to replicate.
    Agreed. Nobody will ever capture all the special things about the original movie, nor put them together in the same way.

And they're also not seeking to replicate it, so no worry there, merely continue the franchise in a way that works.

Sure, Afterlife is a different kind of a movie in some ways, and has a different vibe - but different writing and directing, for one, and for two it was made decades later, so the whole feel and look and even tone is going to change to varying degrees in various ways.

Afterlife had a couple of faults, and was a bit 'cute' at times (e.g. the Mini Sta-Puft attack in the store), but it was a well told piece with good characters and fun to be had and it respected the original films, which is sadly rare with too many belated sequels/reboots/etc.

It's a different thing, on one hand, but on the other hand the spirit is the same.

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyZMp75NETc

Yes, Afterlife and this are different to the original two movies, but as previously said in this thread, you can't replicate everything and nor should you ... and it'd be a fool's errand to try as well as being just creatively bankrupt to not budge an inch.

Anyway - I really enjoyed Afterlife, seen it three times already, and I'm really looking forward to Frozen Empire!