Thread: For those who have visited the Monroeville mall

Fresh Meat

Canada

For those who have visited the Monroeville mall

Hello Everyone!

I'm working on a doom mod that faithfully recreates locations in various zombie films, one of which is the monroeville mall. I am having a hard time figuring out the direction of the escalator20240120_212616.jpg I believe the upper image is correct, but at times am unsure, as a lot of times the camera seems to be inconsistent with where it is. Anyone that has visited who could confirm, it would be really helpful. Also, not visible in the movie from what I can tell, but was there also a exterior mall entrance in penney's?

For those curious, this is an early build, and I believe the direction is correct, as seen roughly 1:40s into the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSCPkU8xd0

Anyone know of good behind the scenes videos/images that can further expand on the outline of the mall?
    Last edited by Nekrovore; 21-Jan-2024 at 01:26 AM. Reason: missing word

Administrator

England
    Can't help with the answer, but love the mod
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

United States
    Kids these days....what's a mall?! Sad.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelpatron View Post
    Kids these days....what's a mall?! Sad.
    It seems like we have come full-circle, then, from when indoor shopping malls were a relatively unknown recent novelty:

Stephen: What the hell is it?

Roger: It looks like a shopping center, one of those big indoor malls

United States
    I haven't been inside our mall in a good 6 years or so. And before that, I usually left empty handed either because they didn't have what I went there for, or it was grossly overpriced. Sears and the one store that sold movies were pretty much the only places that kept me going there as long as I did.

United States
    I live right next to a mall, literally within walking distance. The last few years, it has been becoming a ghost town. I haven't been in there in the last two years.

Nowadays, I think Dawn of the Dead would take place in an Amazon warehouse facility!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Nowadays, I think Dawn of the Dead would take place in an Amazon warehouse facility!
    Either that, or a Walmart.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I live right next to a mall, literally within walking distance. The last few years, it has been becoming a ghost town. I haven't been in there in the last two years.

So the zombies would be sat indoors ordering stuff off Amazon?

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CaldoTheKid View Post
    So the zombies would be sat indoors ordering stuff off Amazon?
    Yes, body parts. Also, the humans ordering ammo and caviar, blinis & crème fraîche.