Thread: Had Rhodes not discovered Logan's activity's

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Had Rhodes not discovered Logan's activity's

Was Sarah planning on taking Fisher to escape or was he been left with Rhodes and the boys? Bonus question where they intending to take Logan with them?

United States
    I don't think Sarah was seriously planning to escape. At least not until Rhodes found out what Logan had been doing, went ape-shit, and killed Fisher. It was mainly John who talked about escaping in the chopper from the beginning, and then McDermott later on.

United States
    I always felt the plan (if you could call it a plan), was for John, Billy, Sarah and Fisher to take the copter and leave. I don't think they particularly cared that much for Logan. I don't think Logan would've gone anyway, as he was happy to just do his thing disecting zombies.

Rising

United States
    Sarah did not have a motive to want to leave the facility, until she sees that Logan is still continuing with the "mad science" thingy, experimenting this time with Johnson's reanimated head, despite the fact that she warned him that pulling such stunts could be extremely dangerous for the whole science staff if the soldiers found out about it. Sarah doesn't seem to disagree with McDermott's suggestion to take the chopper before somebody else does. And I think they had no intention of taking Logan along. He was too far gone (as also demonstrated by the recording they listen to.) At this point, distancing (both figuratively and literally) themselves from Logan and his insane activities would have been the safest thing to do. Unfortunately, Rhodes discovered Logan's shenanigans before that could happen.

As for Fisher: they would certainly not leave him behind. Fisher was sane and harmless. Unlike Sarah, he was very likely not even aware of Logan's clandestine crazy experiments. This guy was the truest victim in the whole thing. He seems to have no clue of what is going on, and just because he's one of the scientists he gets unjustly lumped with Logan by Rhodes, and then executed!

Ireland
    I'm sure it crossed every character's head (except Logan) to leave the facility at some point and numerous characters state it in the film. But Logan's entirely correct, where would they go? The fact of the matter is that the safest place they can be, at least within the small area that they've searched in south Florida, is in the silo. So any ideas of taking the chopper and buggering off is met with the brutal reality of the danger that awaits them outside.

It's only when things become untenable that the likes of Billy and Sarah really start to think of getting out and John's suggestion gains more appeal.

Now, as things turn out Romero pulls a bit of a fast one and ends the movie with John, Billy and Sarah fishing on Sanibel Island which, I presume, is a stand in for a smaller island in the Florida Keys or something. But there was no guarantee that getting to any island wasn't going to be a death sentence.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I'm sure it crossed every character's head (except Logan) to leave the facility at some point and numerous characters state it in the film. But Logan's entirely correct, where would they go? The fact of the matter is that the safest place they can be, at least within the small area that they've searched in south Florida, is in the silo. So any ideas of taking the chopper and buggering off is met with the brutal reality of the danger that awaits them outside.

It's only when things become untenable that the likes of Billy and Sarah really start to think of getting out and John's suggestion gains more appeal.

Now, as things turn out Romero pulls a bit of a fast one and ends the movie with John, Billy and Sarah fishing on Sanibel Island which, I presume, is a stand in for a smaller island in the Florida Keys or something. But there was no guarantee that getting to any island wasn't going to be a death sentence.
    The happiest ending in a zombie film ever.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't think Sarah had much of a plan at all. It was John's plan, and McDermott came around first. Then Sarah. But they barely got out of there before running into Rhodes. So she didn't really have time to think about much. At that point she was probably more worried about Miguel than Fisher.