Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does Z Snyder think?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Well seeing as how this is a pretty much entirely a GAR tribute site, dedicated specifically to the work of GAR's undead movies, and home of GAR's most rabid of fans ... i don't really get why you might seem surprised that there might be even a hint of animosity towards a guy who basically stole the title name of GAR's most respected work and then proceeded to tell his own independant story, and regardless of the fact that in doing so he completely ignored and/or most likely misunderstood GAR's most basic of guidelines in pursuit of your hard earned dollar bills.

But then you are new
    here here!!! *raises glass*

Banned User

United States
    I'm sure GAR thinks what everyone else is thinking...."awwwwwww f*ck"
    Yeah...except you forgot to add "I wish I'd held on to the rights" to that.

United States
    Well seeing as how this is a pretty much entirely a GAR tribute site, dedicated specifically to the work of GAR's undead movies, and home of GAR's most rabid of fans ... i don't really get why you might seem surprised that there might be even a hint of animosity towards a guy who basically stole the title name of GAR's most respected work and then proceeded to tell his own independant story, and regardless of the fact that in doing so he completely ignored and/or most likely misunderstood GAR's most basic of guidelines in pursuit of your hard earned dollar bills.

But then you are new
    double dog ditto
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    I'm sure GAR thinks what everyone else is thinking...."awwwwwww f*ck"
    I was asking what snyder thought because because he just remade dawn and his lead actor is this new remake.........I was just wondering if snyder was ****ed!
    He couldn't be any more bothered than Romero was when actors from his original version of Dawn made cameos all through Snyder's remake.

That'd be like Snyder asking GAR to be some random extra who is on the screen for 2 seconds before having an off-screen (implied) death brought about by a zombie played by Snyder himself.

United States

But then you are new
    Romero fans? Where? All I see are Gunn/Snyder fanboys...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

But then you are new

See this is exactly why I hate getting into discussions about DAWN 04 vs DAWN 78. Everyone thinks Zack wanted to run right in and steal everything... nothing was stolen. The man didn't even write the script he just directed a movie off a script that was based on a 25 year old film.

Why should he get saddled with all the names of theif etc etc?... He just directed. No one stole from Romero. let's get that straight. He doesn't own the rights to any of his films... not a single one. The man gave up the rights to his films so he really has no say whether or not a film gets re-made, nor can he or any fan be mad because they are remaking his work. If he didn't want his work being sold out to everyone under the sun then he should have made better business decisions and kept some rights to his films.

I'm sorry, but I will not stand up on everyone's side of hated remakes when someone says they stole from George... You can't steal something he never had to begin with. George doesn't even own the rights to Land of the Dead, he has a small percentage, very small. He sold DAWN and DAY, and never copyrighted Night.

So let's stop the Zack bashing when it comes to the theft comments because he never stole anything his version was legit and very different... Wanna blame someone blame Rubinstein
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubaker
    He couldn't be any more bothered than Romero was when actors from his original version of Dawn made cameos all through Snyder's remake.

That'd be like Snyder asking GAR to be some random extra who is on the screen for 2 seconds before having an off-screen (implied) death brought about by a zombie played by Snyder himself.
    never thought about what you said in that first paragraph and it's a good point....but to what are you equating that second paragraph?
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    See this is exactly why I hate getting into discussions about DAWN 04 vs DAWN 78. Everyone thinks Zack wanted to run right in and steal everything... nothing was stolen. The man didn't even write the script he just directed a movie off a script that was based on a 25 year old film.

Why should he get saddled with all the names of theif etc etc?... He just directed. No one stole from Romero. let's get that straight. He doesn't own the rights to any of his films... not a single one. The man gave up the rights to his films so he really has no say whether or not a film gets re-made, nor can he or any fan be mad because they are remaking his work. If he didn't want his work being sold out to everyone under the sun then he should have made better business decisions and kept some rights to his films.

I'm sorry, but I will not stand up on everyone's side of hated remakes when someone says they stole from George... You can't steal something he never had to begin with. George doesn't even own the rights to Land of the Dead, he has a small percentage, very small. He sold DAWN and DAY, and never copyrighted Night.

So let's stop the Zack bashing when it comes to the theft comments because he never stole anything his version was legit and very different... Wanna blame someone blame Rubinstein
    Exactly! James Gunn stole DAWN's title

Australia
    Zack Snyder received stolen goods, a crime in and of itself. He was heard to muse at the time "Well, if I don't take them, someone else will". While true, this did not absolve him of his moral obligations.

Actually, I don't care about all that wank. What upsets me is not that his film fails to be transcendant but that he doesn't even try. Further more, people use this as some sort of defense "Hey listen, I know its not this and that... it doesn't even try to be".

Its like praising someone for doing nothing because the odds of success were too great, anyway. It worked in ANIMAL HOUSE when they got expelled and trashed the Homecoming Parade but it doesn't wash when it comes to doing justice to a legacy. Anyone can strive to under-achieve.

I enjoy the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake. I detest the mindset that made it.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States
    here's the deal....
    James Gunn is an idiot.
    Zack Snyder is after a quick buck. He's NOT an artist. A director needs to be an artist first.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    here's the deal....
    James Gunn is an idiot.
    Zack Snyder is after a quick buck. He's NOT an artist. A director needs to be an artist first.
    In a way, I can agree with you because I think "Dawn04" seems as though it was directed by an eleven-year-old(REGARDLESS OF IT'S TITLE AND SOURCE MATERIAL - original "Dawn") but I'm still going to cut him some slack and hope that his next effort, Frank Miller's "300", is better.

If that turns out to be as crappy as "Dawn04".....then I will agree with you 100%. He can then go back to commercials and I'll be happy.....

United States
    Well, I think Snyder did a good enough job making a mindless action-horror with the Dawn '04. As for him sucking, if the footage shown about his next film, 300, is any indication then suck he doesn't. The fact that Frank Miller, who has been on-set throughout a majority of the production, has heaped praise on how the film is turning out tells me Snyder does know what he's doing when behind the camera.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Well, I think Snyder did a good enough job making a mindless action-horror with the Dawn '04. As for him sucking, if the footage shown about his next film, 300, is any indication then suck he doesn't. The fact that Frank Miller, who has been on-set throughout a majority of the production, has heaped praise on how the film is turning out tells me Snyder does know what he's doing when behind the camera.
    all this without seeing the final? hmmmmmmm
    after watching the extras on the Yawn'04 DVD one can tell that this guy has no clue.
    My guess is that this idiot won some Simon Cowell contest for Directors.
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 10-Aug-2006 at 04:14 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    all this without seeing the final? hmmmmmmm
    after watching the extras on the Yawn'04 DVD one can tell that this guy has no clue.
    My guess is that this idiot won some Simon Cowell contest for Directors.
    Well, Miller has seen everything about the film throughout its production. As for the final edit that still needs to be done and the same for the CG work to be done, but I'll take Miller's word over people who seems to have a hate for Snyder for being the person chosen to direct the Dawn remake.

I think if Snyder wasn't attached to the Dawn remake then people's opinion of the guy --- especially hardcore, diehard fans of the original Dawn --- would be more positive about the man. The remake might not have made everyone happy, and it seems it made more than a few get all "Hulk Smash", but to say it was an awful piece of filmmaking is abit unfair. He was given a script and he did a good job in putting it on screen.

The thing I have to say to those who seem to hate Snyder....what have you done that makes you a film expert? Even my hate about Uwe boll is tempered by the fact that if I ever decided to make a film it probably would end up being.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Banned User

United States
    Wanna blame someone blame Rubinstein
    Personally, DJ...I think the Rubenstein bashing is just as off-base as the Snyder/Gunn bashing.

First off--he's a businessman. Plain and simple. He didn't get into the movie business for the artistic angle--he got into it to make money. And, in that respect, he did very well for himself--with or without GAR. In fact, when I look at some of the projects that Rubenstein and Laurel were attatched to after GAR left Laurel in 1985, it honestly looks like their relationship was holding Laurel and Rubenstein back...and, looking at GAR's post-Laurel track record, it shows that he needed them more than they needed him.

Second--when Rubenstein met GAR in the mid-70s, GAR was a loser with nothing but a minor drive-in hit, three theatrical bombs in a row, and a half a mil in debt under his belt. Tricky Dick got him out of that hole, and got him a gig doing sports documentaries just so he could pay the rent.

If it wasn't for Rubenstein, we wouldn't have any of the flicks that the fanboys at this site hold so dear--from Martin to Day of the Dead, it was all about Rubenstein finangling the cash. And, considering the fact that only two of those flicks actually broke even at the box office, I think he's a saint for carrying GAR that long. I'd like to hear of a Producer besides Rubenstein that would stick with a director through a long string of financial doldrums as that....

But, the fanboys will always look for something to knock and someone to blame for GAR's failures...so guys like Rubenstein and Snyder will always be on the chopping block. Not that they care...