Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does Z Snyder think?

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States

Question What does Z Snyder think?

I respect Snyder and is work on Dawn 04. The social commentary that made Dawn of the Dead so great is pretty much absent, but he did what he wanted to do: make a fun, scary, zombie thriller. He did a great job. I was disappointed when I found out that he wasn't involved with Day 07 (I'm afraid it's going to be a total suckfest, but I'm still hoping it will be fun). Has anyone heard anything Snyder's said about the Day remake?
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Day will probably suck just as bad as Dawn did....

Oh yeah....Snyder sucks as well.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'd definitely scan the below threads on this board. There's a good deal of information. The big sticking point right now is no script that anyone has seen (not that I'd read a script before I see a movie).

There are not many people very positive about the remake, unfortunately, but each to their own.

And welcome, by the way

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    thanks...
    good to be here!
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    radiokill also welcome. Yes I too have concerns on this remake. I personally do not like remakes. Before I make judgement I guess I will have to see the film. I just hope that it won't be a stinker.
    "We gotta stay in the sticks man."

United Kingdom
    I have to say that i liked the dawn 04 re-make but I lost respect for it. It IMHO should have been a movie under a different title and a few changes in the script so that it wasnt a remake but another zombie movie that took inspiration from GAR. I think that this movie forgets the social commentry and the sheer genius of the original and makes an MTV generation movie which is a bit of mindless gore and violence and some fun T&A. But hay thts just my op.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru ofthe Dead
    radiokill also welcome.
    thanks!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    I respect Snyder and is work on Dawn 04. The social commentary that made Dawn of the Dead so great is pretty much absent, but he did what he wanted to do: make a fun, scary, zombie thriller. He did a great job. I was disappointed when I found out that he wasn't involved with Day 07 (I'm afraid it's going to be a total suckfest, but I'm still hoping it will be fun). Has anyone heard anything Snyder's said about the Day remake?
    We're both new members, Radiokill!

They have no reason to get his opinion. If someone were to ask him the question, which isn't likely, Snyder will probably say that he looks forward to seeing the Day remake. A very simple and polite answer. The more important opinion would be that of GAR. Safe to assume that George will have his reservations before the movie is finished and after it hits the big screen.

As for Dawn 04':

I'm sure Snyder was, and remains, happy with his own movie.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill

Who cares what zack snyder thinks about a remake of DAY of the dead?

When i hear what GAR think's of his movie being remade, then MAYBE i might care what some other guy who remade another of GAR's movies thinks about another of GAR's movies being remade.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Who cares what zack snyder thinks about a remake of DAY of the dead?

When i hear what GAR think's of his movie being remade, then MAYBE i might care what some other guy who remade another of GAR's movies thinks about another of GAR's movies being remade.
    I'm sure GAR thinks what everyone else is thinking...."awwwwwww f*ck"
    I was asking what snyder thought because because he just remade dawn and his lead actor is this new remake.........I was just wondering if snyder was ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by BruBaker
    We're both new members, Radiokill!
    Conrgats....I like this place!
    Last edited by radiokill; 08-Aug-2006 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i might get a pirate dvd from donno' but i aint watching it in the cinema, if i cant see it for a quid i aint seeing it

Australia
    Snyder has had his stepping stone, I'm sure he's happy to move on.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    boy there's a lot of animosity for him here...poor guy

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know... I like the DAWN remake, but people here hate the guy... to me he did a fantastic job and desvers credit... even if it ain't the film "They" Wanted or wanted to see... all that matters is he made a kick ass zombie movie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England

Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by zombievsshark
    boy there's a lot of animosity for him here...poor guy

Well seeing as how this is a pretty much entirely a GAR tribute site, dedicated specifically to the work of GAR's undead movies, and home of GAR's most rabid of fans ... i don't really get why you might seem surprised that there might be even a hint of animosity towards a guy who basically stole the title name of GAR's most respected work and then proceeded to tell his own independant story, and regardless of the fact that in doing so he completely ignored and/or most likely misunderstood GAR's most basic of guidelines in pursuit of your hard earned dollar bills.

But then you are new