Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romero Talks about Day Remake on TV?

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States

Question Romero Talks about Day Remake on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by gorehound007@IMDB
    he needs the money for his next film.he used the cash he got from the dawn remake to make land and ive seen him on t.v hes doing the same thing with the cash he gets from day
    somebody at IMDB said that. anyone know what TV spot he was talking about?
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    somebody at IMDB said that. anyone know what TV spot he was talking about?
    I don't think ole "gorehound007" knows what he/she's talking about.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that guy/girl is full of it. If i'm not mistaken....Romero didn't make much(if anything) from the Dawn Remake because he doesn't own the rights.

Either way....that person is an idiot. Let them know that.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Either way....that person is an idiot. Let them know that.
    will do.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    Romero didn't make ****. Sellout Rubinstein was the one sucking up all the cash.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    Romero didn't make ****. Sellout Rubinstein was the one sucking up all the cash.
    I don't see rubestein as a sellout at all. He's just a business man trying to make his money. We can make all the excuse in the world for GAR but the bottom line is he's the one who "sold out". I mean how does someone not retain atleast a portion of the rights to their intellectual property?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I don't see rubestein as a sellout at all. He's just a business man trying to make his money. We can make all the excuse in the world for GAR but the bottom line is he's the one who "sold out". I mean how does someone not retain atleast a portion of the rights to their intellectual property?
    I agree Rubenstein isn't a sellout because he is doing what he has always done - make money. But I think you will find that many creators don't keep the rights to their creations. Eg: Stan Lee and Steve Ditko with Spider-Man, Bob Kane with Batman, Ridley Scott, Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shussett with Alien. I know this isn't always the case but i just wanted to give some examples of popular properties that aren't owned by their creators.

"If possible Sir, only.. if.. possible"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    I agree Rubenstein isn't a sellout because he is doing what he has always done - make money. But I think you will find that many creators don't keep the rights to their creations. Eg: Stan Lee and Steve Ditko with Spider-Man, Bob Kane with Batman, Ridley Scott, Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shussett with Alien. I know this isn't always the case but i just wanted to give some examples of popular properties that aren't owned by their creators.

"If possible Sir, only.. if.. possible"
    That's true, but those men still got very rich off their businesses. By all means Gar should be way wealthier than he is today. Even if he only copyrighted NOTLD like he was supposed to he'd be rich beyond his wildest dreams. He'd be in George lucas territory. That's just one example. Dawn is but another illustrating what a horrible businessman gar is. I mean get a lawyer dude. Furthermore, i'm sure the people you listed either worked for someone else when they came up with those ideas or atleast owned them for a while. Gar can't even claim that.
    Last edited by darth los; 09-Jul-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

ViP

United States
    Romero gets a nice check every time the rights to any Laurel film gets licensed, in any way. He simply left the partnership in 1985, he didn't relinquish his shares in the company.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    stan lee got shafted,he never got paid/ got underpaid for all his ideas going to movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    stan lee got shafted,he never got paid/ got underpaid for all his ideas going to movies.
    So what do you call what he did to jack kirby? Now there's a guy who got butt raped.

United States
    Rubenstein has stated that even though he isnt legally required to, he still gives GAR 50% of anything he makes off of the GAR films.

Plus, if I pay you to make a movie with me retaining all future rights, and you agree to it, I am not "screwing you over", just exercising my legal rights. I think GAR is a guy who just wants to make movies, not hold on to them and continue to suck money off of old ideas, ala Lucas.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Rubenstein has stated that even though he isnt legally required to, he still gives GAR 50% of anything he makes off of the GAR films.

Plus, if I pay you to make a movie with me retaining all future rights, and you agree to it, I am not "screwing you over", just exercising my legal rights. I think GAR is a guy who just wants to make movies, not hold on to them and continue to suck money off of old ideas, ala Lucas.
    There's nothing wrong with making money until the end of time off of your intellectual property. GAR chose to give the rights to his away. I thought it was an idiotic move but it was his choice to make. Let's not act like he got duped into buying the brooklyn bridge or something. He is not the victim here. He knew full well what he was giving away. This leads me to believe that there's no way he thought that dawn was going to be as big as it has gotten. He lacked that sort of vision. Philly's right, all he wanted to do was give his vision life and make a movie, but there is a business side to the industry that he should have taken advantage of. It's like a basketball player or artist doing what they love. All the want to do is practice their craft but they always get compensated for it first which is the prudent thing to do.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    He is not the victim here. He knew full well what he was giving away. This leads me to believe that there's no way he thought that dawn was going to be as big as it has gotten. He lacked that sort of vision. Philly's right, all he wanted to do was give his vision life and make a movie, but there is a business side to the industry that he should have taken advantage of.
    You know, I'm not sure that it was really him lacking that monetary vision as much as he just didnt give a damn about it. I applaud someone who does what they love and/or believe in without always thinking about "how much money will this make me". Unfortunately, the way that the world has evolved is that money is king, everything else be damned. Thats why you have companies making decisions that it would be cheaper to pay wrongful death lawsuits than to recall products and fix deadly design flaws. How much money could Mother Teresa have made if she went to work for a big HMO? I dont think that she cared about that at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    You know, I'm not sure that it was really him lacking that monetary vision as much as he just didnt give a damn about it. I applaud someone who does what they love and/or believe in without always thinking about "how much money will this make me". Unfortunately, the way that the world has evolved is that money is king, everything else be damned. Thats why you have companies making decisions that it would be cheaper to pay wrongful death lawsuits than to recall products and fix deadly design flaws. How much money could Mother Teresa have made if she went to work for a big HMO? I dont think that she cared about that at all.

I see what you mean. GAR was a child of the 60's and money wasn't exactly a priority for people of that era as unfathomable as that might seem to us today. I'm on GAR'S side, believe me, but i just gets to me that he doesn't have what's rightfully his. I think that he was pretty much extorted. He wanted to make that film in the worst way. So bad that he would give up the rights to get it made. Also, I think it's mighty big of rubenstein to give him%50 of the profits even though he doesn't have to. I think based on that he gets a bum rap. He knows what the right thing to do is and don't think that gar doesn't appretiate it.