Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Defending Dawn O4

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    So just to make sure that we have you recorded properly for posterity, Clang, is it safe to say that you're...down with the quickness?

You motherfcuker!!! Get up and get down with the quickness!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    You motherfcuker!!! Get up and get down with the quickness!
    "Ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah!"

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    "Ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah!"

I toured with the disturbed on the ozzfest a couple of years back, every time i seen Dave (singer from the disturbed) i couldn't help but to shout that monkey noise at him

Which was usually most mornings/evenings/nights ...

I think by the end of the third month ... he was getting a bit annoyed at me ... hahahaha!!!!!!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    I toured with the disturbed on the ozzfest a couple of years back, every time i seen Dave (singer from the disturbed) i couldn't help but to shout that monkey noise at him
    I was in attendance at the Milton Keynes date as it happens.

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I was in attendance at the Milton Keynes date as it happens.
    Cool,

I only ever worked the English ozzfest once, 2003 or 2004, which is where i first met jack. The English ozzfest however is only on for two days or a weekend? While the Amerikan version goes through most states (three or four shows per week) and lasts two to three months!!!

Plus i had club shows in between the ozzfest shows with bands who were on the ozzfest bill. Sworn Enemy, Chimera, Killswitch Engaged, Shadows Fall, etc etc etc

capncnut
    Looks like my perception of a couple of years is somewhat fuzzy, turns out the one I attended was in 2001!

Still t'was a good show (Tool, Slipknot, etc). Strange thing was that Disturbed came out last, right before Black Sabbath, which seemed unusual to me because they were still touring their debut album.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by riddleone View Post
    What poeple fail to realize about the remake of Dawn of the Dead, is that it was never intended to be a complete rendition of the original. In fcat, Snyder said this over and over again in various press releases before the film went out. Even so, many zombie fans, particulary George Romero fans, felt a sting of pain when they ehard about the remake. ...And why shouldn't they? Look what happened when Coca Cola introduced Coke 2 -- it went down the drain pretty fast. Basically, there's a thing about remakes, where people are expected to see something better or up to par as the original.

But I was pleasently surprised. When I went to the show expecting to see a dull, hashed out imitation of Dawn of the Dead -- but instead, I was very pleased. Yes -- I was shocked and a little offshot about seeing the running zombies. But since I had just seen similar ghouls in "28 days later", it only seemed natural to up the stakes. Consequently, Dawn o4 had the concept of running ghouls before 28 days later, despite the fact that 28 days later was released first. How is this known this? ..There was talk of an Xbox game about to be made based on the film, which never happened. At anyrate, the concept art for it (which was posted on conceptart.com way back in 2002/3) had clear taglines about the ghouls being fast.

What freaks me out, is the nasty reaction people get when they see "Runners" in Dawn 04. The director did this to "modernize ghouls", much like other classic beasts have been. Example, when Bram Stoker's Dracula came out, you didn't see a Bella Lugosi-style Vampire, but something new. The same could be said for werewolves -- just look at films like underworld and others. I mean much worse insults have been made to the Romero classics; one being that sucky film Contagion -which actually had the nerve to claim their film as a direct prequel/sequel. People should be ****ed, it should be at crappy attempts to exploit the name of Romero's zombie work like Contagion did.

Lastly, I'll admit that I like the original Dawn of the Dead better than the remake, however, the remake is one of my best zombie films. It was well directed and eventhough they put in running zombies, all that did was to make escaping the ghouls much harder, thus prompting the suspense up a whole lot more.
    saw it in the thearter with Mike Pizzoff the day before it came out, and i must saw it was revisioned well, also with a good dash of ode's to the orig. dawn, but as a remake, horrid!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Noodle laughed for hours when she watched the part where the gun store guy on the roof held up the sign as a zombie. "What's he writing?" Bwahahaha! Sorry, but... come on!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Noodle laughed for hours when she watched the part where the gun store guy on the roof held up the sign as a zombie. "What's he writing?" Bwahahaha! Sorry, but... come on!

Because that's sooooooo much worse than big daddy leading a horde of suddenly smart zombies.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Because that's sooooooo much worse than big daddy leading a horde of suddenly smart zombies.

They're both the same concept. Memories from their past lives.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They're both the same concept. Memories from their past lives.
    Agreed. I'm just saying that even gar's films have moments in them where you're like " dude are you serious?"

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Are you just referring to the Zombie intelligence concept in his movies? Or Land use of it? You can assume that the zombies in Land can have a slightly higher intelligence than Bub and are able to operate firearms in a primative way. Using the tools that they did is nothing new, going all the way back to Night.

United States
    Oh Sh!t. It's starting again.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Oh Sh!t. It's starting again.
    tell me about it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    *fires wildly into the shambling corpse of a discussion - runs out of ammo - lobs gun at the still approaching zombie discussion - cheeses it!*

eek: