Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Defending Dawn O4

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    He said plenty about how terrific Romero and the original movie are.
    Dude, I must have missed this in the commentary and will have to go back and check it out. I recall sitting through the commentary totally pissed at Zack the Hack with no nutsack because he failed to give a nod to GAR and instead spent the whole time patting himself on the back. But then, I already hated that fool to begin with, so I admit that I was probably looking for any excuse to justify my dislike, and likely listened to the track with a totally biased head.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Zack the Hack with no nutsack.

He does seem to love himself. I was watching a small documentary on Watchmen today and he was already calling it the greatest superhero film of all time and saying that it's the first one to have themes grounded in the real world. Ummm....no, buddy. It's not the first.

I'm still hoping it's a good film, though. If it ever sees the light of day, that is...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

He does seem to love himself. I was watching a small documentary on Watchmen today and he was already calling it the greatest superhero film of all time and saying that it's the first one to have themes grounded in the real world. Ummm....no, buddy. It's not the first.

I'm still hoping it's a good film, though. If it ever sees the light of day, that is...
    Jesus ... he's full of himself!

Blimey...not to mention ill-informed, I mean even though 'real world themes' have been in comic book movies for some time now, even Zack Snyder must have heard of the very recent The Dark Knight - or indeed Batman Begins - even his ego can't obscure his view of those two absolutely huge releases in the last few years?

Or maybe that ego can.

And damn, did he really say himself that his own flick is gonna be the greatest superhero flick of all time? Christ ... did this guy suckle at the same teat as McG?

*ahem*

Douchebag.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Blimey...not to mention ill-informed, I mean even though 'real world themes' have been in comic book movies for some time now, even Zack Snyder must have heard of the very recent The Dark Knight - or indeed Batman Begins - even his ego can't obscure his view of those two absolutely huge releases in the last few years?

Speaking of....I also read an interview in which he says he wants to film Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and it's his favorite comic book. But Warner Bros said not while Nolan is around. I thought "YEEESSSSS!!!!".

Super Moderator

UK
    Speaking of....I also read an interview in which he says he wants to film Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and it's his favorite comic book. But Warner Bros said not while Nolan is around. I thought "YEEESSSSS!!!!".
    Wooooooooooooooooo!!

Damn straight, you tell that nob'ed, Warner Brothers, you tell him!

Christ ... this guy is a right nob, isn't he? I never read any interviews with him, so I'm not privvy to these displays of pure arrogance and numptyism, that you speak of.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    probably just as well MZ, the dude's a major douche.

hehehe..."douche"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    probably just as well MZ, the dude's a major douche.

hehehe..."douche"
    Aye, I figured it'd be better for my health if I just avoid all mention of the guy at all costs.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...displays of pure arrogance and numptyism...

Such traits painfully show through and are amplified in the douche's filmaking, say I.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Dying

United States
    Dawn '04 has a nostalgic tinge that I can't deny, as it was the first zombie movie I really, really paid full attention to. (Although I still watch zombie movies 'for the first time' to this day and recognize seeing specific scenes.)

The movie was, for me, life-changing. Without its popularity I may never have developed the obsession with the zombie mythos I today possess. (And probably always will.) I was so captivated by the movie; especially the first few scenes depicting the breakdown of society, and any scenes with a giant horde.

I could compare the experience of seeing DOTD '04 for the first time to the first time I listened to Slipknot as a youngster: it was fuckin' awesome at the time, and I was completely taken away. But it was merely the ice-breaker in an adventure into heavy metal / zombies, where much better material presented itself.

After watching the original, I didn't develop a sudden hate for the remake. I immediately acknowledged the superiority of the original, but by that point I was well versed in zombies.

DOTD '04 is, obviously, not without its flaws. But I can't say I didn't enjoy the hell out of it upon initial viewing, nor can I say I will never watch it again...because I will.

(Oh, and I much prefer Snyder to Nolan. I'd take Watchmen over 'Law and Order: The Dark Knight' any day. Unless, of course, I wanted to take a nap. Then I'd put the Dark Knight in to bore me to sleep.)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Dawn '04 has a nostalgic tinge that I can't deny, as it was the first zombie movie I really, really paid full attention to. (
    21 year old folks talking about nostalgia for something that came out 6 years ago. i find that funny as all fuck. i'm gonna have myself a good laugh... there i'm done.

dude, i will never take you seriously after this asinine post.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    21 year old folks talking about nostalgia for something that came out 6 years ago. i find that funny as all fuck. i'm gonna have myself a good laugh... there i'm done.

dude, i will never take you seriously after this asinine post.
    Wow, someones got sand in their vagina. Glad you decided to point out, right from the get go, how big a douchebag you are.

I feel nostalgia for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater as well. It was released in the same year as DOTD '04. Is this as far-fetched to comprehend? What about Bat Out Of Hell 3? It came out in '07, and it still brings me back 3 years.

In the past 6 years I've had enough going on in my life to make that feel like a much longer time. Maybe your life is too boring and contrived to feel nostalgia for something that's released less than a decade ago. But then again, you're pretty OLD now, so I'd be bitter too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Life-changing"? "Nostalgic"? "Captivating"? All this about Dawn04?

If this is the new generation of zombie fan, we're doomed.

And forgive Mike. He is in fact our resident douchebag. He smells a bit, but he's got a heart of gold.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-May-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

And forgive Mike. He is in fact our resident douchebag. He smells a bit, but he's got a heart of gold.
    we are already doomed on that account.

it is so funny to watch these little fools flutter about after a couple of pebbles are thrown their way.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dying

United States
    "Life-changing"? "Nostalgic"? "Captivating"? All this about Dawn04?

So far everyone missed my point. This is the FIRST zombie movie I've ever seen. How wouldn't that be life-changing? I love zombie flicks, they're my favorite. Isn't everyone's first viewing of a zombie flick 'captivating?' And yes, it makes me nostalgic to think back to when I started my journey as a zombie fanatic.

I recognize the trash DOTD 04 is now that I've seen 80 or more other zombie movies, at least 50 - 55 of which I liked better. I thought the Slipknot analogy made that obvious enough, because that is garbage music if you wanna compare it to what I listen to now. (Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Savatage, etc.) But there is MUCH worse out there. And at least the movie is meant to be cheesy fun, instead of self-important like the 28 Days / Weeks movies. (And I KNOW, they're infected, not undead. I know this.)

Talk about wrong impressions. I own a good 30 - 40 zombie movies, and this ain't one of 'em.

Canada
    whoa whoa whoa whoa, Dawn 04 isn't trash.

At any rate, welcome to the boards.