Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Defending Dawn O4

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hm, interesting... I just had a horrible thought... what if they could teleport?!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Hm, interesting... I just had a horrible thought... what if they could teleport?!
    Or fly?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Or fly?!
    I take it you haven't seen the Day remake?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    No, teleporting is scarier.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I take it you haven't seen the Day remake?
    Oh they were just crawling on the ceiling...

United States
    Wow was the remake of Day of the Dead a bad movie! Wow! Zombies jumping up to crawl on ceilings. Wow! Bad movie!
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Remakes are a catch 22...to say the least.

On one hand, people tend to worship the past. They have their treasures--some of which are decades old, and they love them.

And, since alot of fans tend to blast anything new...simply because it's new and not the classics they adore, the studios try to give us what they think we want. But, rather than simply release the same shit, over and over, they give us modernized updates of the classics we love. Or, they can go the GAR route...and give us phoned-in rehashes of the same old shit--like what GAR gave us himself with the "Night" remake.

And, we still bitch about them anyways...regarless of what they give us.

Die-hard fans are like junkies chasing that first high. Nothing they see will equal the experience of the movies they love...but they either keep trying anyways, or bitch because the dope they're getting now has been "stepped" on by the studios.

Dead

United States
    This again?
    But I do love these discussions. I, like some others, really enjoyed Dawn04. Because i just like zombie flicks. I don't have a set of "rules" that a zombie film has to abide by in order for me to like it.. One of my all time favorites is ROTLD. I was surprised to find that 80% or more of zombie fans HATE this movie. I even started a few threads here to try and understand why. I still don't fully understand it. I know the reasons people give for hating ROTLD and Dawn04, but it's the passion behind that hate and the insistence on adhering to the specific rules for zombie films that I don't really get.
    To be honest, I was kind of bored by the original Dawn the 1st time I saw it and didn't watch it again for years. After playing Resident Evil 2 I decided to give it another chance. And it was still kind of boring but it grew on me. Now I love it. But part of the reason I like it so much now is due to the time period it was filmed in.
    Last edited by babomb; 07-Oct-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: pretzelz....

United States
    Dawn 2004 is one of my favorite movies to date. I do agree that they should have called it something else though.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I personally didn't like this one!
    It was very simple in contrast to the original...It was alright!

Scotland
    Dawn '04 IMO is an action movie with zombies instead of the Russians or whatever, and in that respect the flick doesn't bother me. Zombies are supposed to be slow but relentless and therefore under estimated, not olympic athletes. What's next.......
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 09-Apr-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: after-thought

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seven years and still kicking. This thread will be here until HPotD dies...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Seven years and still kicking. This thread will be here until HPotD dies...

I know! Good God, this thread is still twitching?!

And even if they changed the name, it would have still been a rubbish movie ... all mouth, no trousers. All flashy MTV visuals, no brains whatsoever (ironically).

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And even if they changed the name, it would have still been a rubbish movie ... all mouth, no trousers. All flashy MTV visuals, no brains whatsoever (ironically).
    If they had changed the name, it would be a shit sarnie that'd be a lot easier to keep down...

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    I'm a Romero fan, but I still like this movie and I even like some of the Itallian rip-offs like Zombie and Hell of the Living Dead. This film was very entertaining in my opinion and I like all kinds of zombies regardless if they're slow rotting corpses (Night of the Living Dead/Zombie), fast diseased cannibals (Dawn of the Dead remake/28 Days Later), or even the kind that can use weapons (Land of the Dead/Nightmare City)