Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Defending Dawn O4

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Look, a mate of mine was on location and specifically heard Zack Snyder instruct the zombie extras to jump around "like 28 DAYS LATER".

Never heard that one before. That's great. Can't say i'm surprised, really...

United States
    My vision always will be the FRESH Factor

They run at you like all hell when recently turned, but as time goes on, they slow down to stumblers.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

They run at you like all hell when recently turned, but as time goes on, they slow down to stumblers.
    I agree.....

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I agree.....
    Then you are both wrong.

What you call the fresh factor is seriously flawed on almost every count.

Sure, a recently reanimated zombie flesh eater*, pending cause of death, might be slightly more agile than it would be after several months, or years, of hosting the virus, mainly due to seasonal effects and general "wear and tear" as opposed to lack of nourishment or similar, but there could be no such "believable" case within the limitations of the storytelling universe for them "running at you like all hell".

Ever.

All you need to remember is that in every single case of reanimation, without exception, ONLY basic motor function is restored. Simple. Basic motor function is what we are ALL born with, so god knows (inherent memory?) how so soon after reanimation they could even walk, never mind do the hundred meter dash!!!!

This ridiculous "running corpse" scenario of late (since the DOTD remake) is all easily explained by Zack Snyders total misunderstanding regarding the "creatures" featured in 28 days later and the actual definition of a zombie flesh eater, which are the "creatures" featured in Dawn of the Dead.

Danny Boyle pulled off his "running lunatics" (to great effect!) in 28 days later by NOT using zombies, or even zombie flesh eater's, and instead using real living people who were simply infected, rather than having them become infected, die, and then reanimate.

Zack Snyder unfortunately missed the part where these running "creatures" DID NOT DIE, and mistakenly interpreted them for actual zombie flesh eaters which could run at great speed.

For all it was worth ... and not long after, Zack Snyder went on to remake Dracula, but cast Spider Man in the lead role as the count!!!!

ROUGH TIMELINE:

2002: 28 DAYS LATER is released, is a worldwide smash (=$$$$!) and features living humans, who are infected, who are NOT dead, who did NOT reanimate, who are NOT zombie flesh eaters, who can run fast.

2003:
    Zack Snyder watches 28 DAYS LATER while working on a rewrite of cult classic DAWN OF THE DEAD, the "definitive" zombie flesh eater movie.

2004: Zack Snyder remakes DAWN OF THE DEAD but doesn't think anyone will mind if he uses the "zombies" from 28 DAYS LATER because they will probably scare the desensitized MTV generation kids more, plus its an old film and probably needs updating, plus zombies can probably run anyways because if you want to get technical, corpses don't actually reanimate anyways and zombies ain't even real mo fo!.

2004 to CURRENT: Lot's of people arrive here @ HPOTD and appear to be either plain dumb or just confused as fcuk!

*We are talking about zombie flesh eaters, right?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Couldn't agree more, Deadman. Nice rant. Everything in it is true as far as I'm concerned...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, Deadman. Nice rant. Everything in it is true as far as I'm concerned...
    Then you'd both be wrong!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

I'd like to see that in a movie and see how they pull it off. Everything else has been tried so why not this? Is it any more far fetched than the original zombie concept in the first place? Or more far fetched than those same zombies getting smart?

If anything it'll be something different that we can debate.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Three-way high-five!

United States
    Three-way high-five!
    "Let's not all go start sucking each other off just yet."

Wrong ?

It's my vision. I'm sticking to it. My zombie epic doesn't revolve around what GAR created (After LAND, thank god)

The Fresh Factor is a nice hybrid on styles. The wear and tear, the muscular degeneration, the basic rotting of the undead corpse would contribute to the decline of the ghouls strength and speed.

I'm sticking with it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Sure, a recently reanimated zombie flesh eater*, pending cause of death, might be slightly more agile than it would be after several months, or years, of hosting the virus, mainly due to seasonal effects and general "wear and tear" as opposed to lack of nourishment or similar, but there could be no such "believable" case within the limitations of the storytelling universe for them "running at you like all hell".

Ever.

All you need to remember is that in every single case of reanimation, without exception, ONLY basic motor function is restored. Simple. Basic motor function is what we are ALL born with, so god knows (inherent memory?) how so soon after reanimation they could even walk, never mind do the hundred meter dash!!!!

?
    I don't see a problem with the quickness, at least initially, of Zack's zombies. In Dawn'04 it is some virus that causes the victim to pop right back up from the dead. The corpse isn't even close to being cold at that point. I should think that running isn't a far reach from basic motor functions at all. Baby's can't walk or run because the body structure wont support it yet. A full grown human's can however.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I don't see a problem with the quickness, at least initially, of Zack's zombies.
    So just to make sure that we have you recorded properly for posterity, Clang, is it safe to say that you're...down with the quickness?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    So just to make sure that we have you recorded properly for posterity, Clang, is it safe to say that you're...down with the quickness?

United States

United States

United States
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."