View Poll Results: Will you see Day of the Dead 2007?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, In Theaters

42 59.15%
  • Yes, on DVD

17 23.94%
  • Yes, as a leached Download

9 12.68%
  • No! You out of your F*cking mind for even asking Dick!

3 4.23%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will you see Day of the Dead

capncnut
    I'll will watch this at the theater but I cannot guarantee that I'll stay awake for it. To play on the immortal words of Ray Winstone, "Vegetarian zombies, I s**t 'em!"
    Last edited by capncnut; 22-Oct-2006 at 06:03 AM.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Cool

Even if it's not exceptionally good, zombies will be in it, so I'll see it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie View Post
    Sure. If it's half as good as the Dawn remake, it'll still be twice as good as Land--which, BTW, is in the bargain basement bin at Best Buy for $6.99.

As soon as it comes out on DVD, I'll shoplift it faster than you can say "Jack Robinson".
    The original DAWN is ALSO in the bargain bin for $4.99, so that doesn't mean much.
    "Totally Togepi!"

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Why is that funny? Maybe it means they sold enough that they can drop the price.

Just shows that there's more MTV dumba** kids rather than intelligent people in the world.
    Or it just means that Land was a poor film in comparison to the remake of dawn. Dawn 04 was MUCH more enjoyable to watch thats for sure.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Or it just means that Land was a poor film in comparison to the remake of dawn. Dawn 04 was MUCH more enjoyable to watch thats for sure.
    opinion

United States
    Dj, do you think your "Captain of the Obvious" quote from Deadlands would be appropriate right about now?
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 26-Oct-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Dj, do you think your "Captain of the Obvious" quote from Deadlands would be appropriate right about now?
    Dar har har. Just saying that I think it's funny how people parade their opinions around as fact. They could just throw in a "I think" or a "IMO" every now and again instead of stating it as fact.

United States
    True, but you opened the door, I had to walk through it. Just label me "Captain Smartass"

That's IMO of course.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    LMAO...

Ok

OPINION - LAND OF THE DEAD SUCKS

FACT - LAND OF THE DEAD SUCKS - a majority of zombie fans hate it (although yes a poll here said otherwise, in general most zombie fans do not like LAND)

OPINION - DAWN 04 rocks

FACT - DAWN 04 rocks, it was better received by critics and did way better at the box office than LAND.

OPINION - Between LAND and DAWN 04 - DAWN is the better film

FACT - Based on critical reviews, and box office DAWN 04 was a better film. and horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

So in my opinion LAND blows, DAWN 04 rocks...

The facts are in and pretty much align with my opinion so therefore it is FACT. End of discussion.

FACT- DAY 2007 is gonna suck
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 26-Oct-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    As much as I like the Dawn04 remake, I know you did NOT just compare it to Carpenter's "The Thing" now did you?

BAD DJ, BAD! *smacks Dj on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

Now go to your room!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    As much as I like the Dawn04 remake, I know you did NOT just compare it to Carpenter's "The Thing" now did you?

BAD DJ, BAD! *smacks Dj on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

Now go to your room!

I said most horror fans... Re-read my post. Takes newspaper away from Lou and brings out a bazooka. FCUK with me now ... eh, SAY hello to my little friend.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "End of discussion"

Yup.....the majority of people hate it because you say so.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    "End of discussion"

Yup.....the majority of people hate it because you say so.
    No, I didn't say that. I said my opinion pretty much reflects what a MAJORITY of horror fans believe... which is, LAND sucks and DAWN 04 is way better.

The only people who like LAND are the die hards, the romero worshippers. Trust me if his name wasn't tacked on that film people would be crying foul, and tearing it apart.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

I think Dj makes valid points. Dawn04 rc'vd more praise than than Land just about everywhere. That may piss you off, but it is fact.

FACT - Based on critical reviews, and box office DAWN 04 was a better film. and horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.
    That's what you posted, you bastage, and I'm still gonna swat you for putting The Thing in the same sentence as Dawn - even though I liked the movie, The Thing - (IN MY OPINION - there, are we happy now?) was a far superior film compared to Dawn04.

Don't make me say "FACT!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    No, I didn't say that. I said my opinion pretty much reflects what a MAJORITY of horror fans believe... which is, LAND sucks and DAWN 04 is way better.

The only people who like LAND are the die hards, the romero worshippers. Trust me if his name wasn't tacked on that film people would be crying foul, and tearing it apart.
    Negative, buddy. I'm in no way a "Romero Die Hard" or "Romero worshipper". Hell, I have only seen two of his films outside of the Dead series and I only saw those because I happened to catch them on TV. Never once have I said that Land compares with the first three. It's okay in it's own right.....flaws and all. It is the least of Romero's films and it doesn't quite fit in with the original trilogy, but it's an enjoyable film overall.(IMO, of course)

And it's quite strange that when I first saw the trailer for the Day remake......the first thing that popped into my head was Dawn04. And the really funny thing as that even though I'm not a big fan of Dawn04, I'm still willing to give it a try with an open mind while you love Dawn04 and you're bashing the hell out of Day07 without having seen it. And to call yourself a film maker and then judge an entire film by it's trailer. Ever heard the phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover". True.....trailers are supposed to make you want to see the flick, but I have seen MANY trailers that weren't good and then the movie rocked.

I just try to keep an open mind when judging films. Hell, I've even admitted to you on several occasions that I can watch Dawn04 on rare occasions when I want a shoot-em-up, action flick. All I'm saying as that even though you don't like Land, you could still give it a little bit of respect and look at some of the good rather than the bad. We all know that Romero had trouble with it and even he admits that it's probably one of the worst of his career. But there are still a few spots of glimmering light that shine through. Same with Dawn04.....I say that I don't like it, but I can still admit that it has some good points going for it.

No need for a collective DVD burning cult.