View Poll Results: Will you see Day of the Dead 2007?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, In Theaters

42 59.15%
  • Yes, on DVD

17 23.94%
  • Yes, as a leached Download

9 12.68%
  • No! You out of your F*cking mind for even asking Dick!

3 4.23%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will you see Day of the Dead

Undisclosed
    I'll wait until the reviews come out. Until then, I won't watch this turd.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

I think Dj makes valid points. Dawn04 rc'vd more praise than than Land just about everywhere. That may piss you off, but it is fact.

That's what you posted, you bastage, and I'm still gonna swat you for putting The Thing in the same sentence as Dawn - even though I liked the movie, The Thing - (IN MY OPINION - there, are we happy now?) was a far superior film compared to Dawn04.

Don't make me say "FACT!"
    AGAIN - READ!

horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

I didn't say I, I said horror fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Negative, buddy. I'm in no way a "Romero Die Hard" or "Romero worshipper". Hell, I have only seen two of his films outside of the Dead series and I only saw those because I happened to catch them on TV. Never once have I said that Land compares with the first three. It's okay in it's own right.....flaws and all. It is the least of Romero's films and it doesn't quite fit in with the original trilogy, but it's an enjoyable film overall.(IMO, of course)

And it's quite strange that when I first saw the trailer for the Day remake......the first thing that popped into my head was Dawn04. And the really funny thing as that even though I'm not a big fan of Dawn04, I'm still willing to give it a try with an open mind while you love Dawn04 and you're bashing the hell out of Day07 without having seen it. And to call yourself a film maker and then judge an entire film by it's trailer. Ever heard the phrase "you can't judge a book by it's cover". True.....trailers are supposed to make you want to see the flick, but I have seen MANY trailers that weren't good and then the movie rocked.

I just try to keep an open mind when judging films. Hell, I've even admitted to you on several occasions that I can watch Dawn04 on rare occasions when I want a shoot-em-up, action flick. All I'm saying as that even though you don't like Land, you could still give it a little bit of respect and look at some of the good rather than the bad. We all know that Romero had trouble with it and even he admits that it's probably one of the worst of his career. But there are still a few spots of glimmering light that shine through. Same with Dawn04.....I say that I don't like it, but I can still admit that it has some good points going for it.

No need for a collective DVD burning cult.

As a filmmaker you're right I should wait until I see it. So therefore I will reserve final judgement until I go to theaters to see it. Fair enough. However, based on the trailer I watched, and knowing what was spent to produce the film... It looks like **** and will most likely be a crapfest.

one thing I learned as a filmmaker, never release a trailer to the public that is sub par. I made this mistake early on in my DEADLANDS days. Even you have to admit that DAY trailer is friggin medicore
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 26-Oct-2006 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    AGAIN - READ!

horror fans find it to be one of the best horror remake ever. Listing it up there with The Thing and The Fly.

I didn't say I, I said horror fans.
    So you're saying you're not one of those 'horror fans'? Is that what you're telling me?

*smacks Dj with the newspaper again*

I just feel like swatting you with my newspaper, lemme have my fun.

Sit, UBU, sit. Good dog.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So you're saying you're not one of those 'horror fans'? Is that what you're telling me?

*smacks Dj with the newspaper again*

I just feel like swatting you with my newspaper, lemme have my fun.

Sit, UBU, sit. Good dog.
    I am a horror fan, whom thinks the DAWN remake is a great remake of a horror film.

Sit on this hippee

*takes newspaper tosses it asides and has satan bend you over to shove a pineapple up your keister*
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Bring it on...

I would prefer it be pulled out slowly with a scalding hot scalpel. This way the white of the eye melts as the blade is inserted
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, listen to you two bitches fightin' in the alley...quiet down, I'm trying to get some sleep up here!

*lobs brick down from bedroom window into dark alley where Deej and Lou are "fighting" *

Now, you've all been gagging to hear my opinion, because as you all know I'm the mac daddy of amazing.

1) Yawn04 - classic horror turned into a mindless action flick marketed towards people who think Punk'd is funny.

2) Land, while it had its flaws, was classic Romero. I didn't expect squat, so I got the most out of it, while my excitement has waned as the newness has worn off, I still love it.

3) Day of the Remake will suck penis.

That's my opinion ... enjoy it bitches!

United States
    *smacks MZ with the rolled up newspaper too*

You sit down and be quiet too! You.. you.. big-daddy lovin' fool!

Undisclosed
    Only as a download.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I'll probably wind up waiting to see it on DVD, unless the reviews are far more positive than the trailer seems to indicate they will be. I've never before seen a trailer for a theatrical release look so underwhelming. It honestly looks like the kind of low-budget schlock movie that the Sci-Fi channel produces ad nauseum.

This is coming from a guy who enjoyed Dawn 04. The 8 minute sneak they showed on TV prior to it's release was some of the most compelling "zombie movie" footage I'd ever seen. Now, the rest of the movie never quite lived up to it, but it wasn't a disappointment.

Land of the Dead, however, was. From the annoying presence of Leguizamo, to "Big Daddy" moaning every 5 minutes, to the vastly over-rated Dennis Hopper, to the theme of the zombies creating their own "culture" at the end...I hated just about everything about this movie. What an artistic mis-step by GAR. It was like purchasing a CD from your favorite musician after a 10 year hiatus, and finding nothing but Hanson remixes.

So, long story short...I doubt this film is gonna get my $9, although Blockbuster will get my $4.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, but I dont think its even going to go to theatres. From the trailer it looks like straight to DVD type thing. I mean it looks alright as a zombie movie in a straight to video format but not worthy of being a remake of Day, but just from the trailer it looks better than contagion.

Undisclosed
    the sad thing is , i will probably see it as soon as it comes out , just to see if its as bad as the trailer suggests it is

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It does seem as if these movie studios have us by the balls doesn't it? The real question is who won't see it?

Undisclosed
    I'll watch it as download from the internet. It doesn't look worthy enough of me paying to go see it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by swellman View Post
    I'll watch it as download from the internet. It doesn't look worthy enough of me paying to go see it.

Same here.