Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Does this Day of the Dead 2007 Poster Suck?!

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States

How Much Does this Day of the Dead 2007 Poster Suck?!

I hope this isn't the poster they decide to use. Looks just a bit similar to the Land poster, eh?

This poster is lot worse than I expected. They might as put a big zombie c**k and balls up there and use the tagline,
    "Come Watch Us BLOW This!"

I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Lord Howe Island

Looks like filler..

I can't imagine that is the official teaser poster-- looks like fanboy stuff to me.

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by tju1973
    I can't imagine that is the official teaser poster-- looks like fanboy stuff to me.

Actually...it is official. It was released a few months ago.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Actually...it is official. It was released a few months ago.
    Ya, I saw this poster on Fangoria's site several months ago. SMells alot like Fanboy, tho.....too close to Land, if you ask me.

Undisclosed
    Considering GARs zombies never came OUT OF THE GROUND! That poster sucks as much as this steaming pile of desecration is going to suck!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

ViP

United States
    The real question should be, why would they rip off the poster of Land? It didn't do that great of business. If anything, they should rip off the Dawn remake poster, which doubled Land's gross.

United States
    do i need to round up my posse for the day remake as i did with the dawn one?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom
    do i need to round up my posse for the day remake as i did with the dawn one?

Dude.....is that for real?

If so....you're my hero.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    i don't know, but that's damn funny
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Super Moderator

UK
    1) It should really be "Z Day", to me using "D Day" cheapens a major historical event.

2) Too many of these decayed hand posters around.

3) "From the director of Halloween H20".

4) Day of the Bulgarian Zombie Remake is just a load of penis.

5) This film is a seriously huge load of old penis.

6) This film is so drowned in old-man-cock.

7) This movie just sucks even more with this poster.

The end.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    1) It should really be "Z Day", to me using "D Day" cheapens a major historical event.

2) Too many of these decayed hand posters around.

3) "From the director of Halloween H20".

4) Day of the Bulgarian Zombie Remake is just a load of penis.

5) This film is a seriously huge load of old penis.

6) This film is so drowned in old-man-cock.

7) This movie just sucks even more with this poster.

The end.
    That's the one that REALLY buries the hatchet.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    That's the one that REALLY buries the hatchet.....
    #3? From the director of Halloween: H20?

I'd say so. As an admitted fan of the Halloween movies, probably not a popular thing to say here, that one ****ed me off to no end. It pretended Michael Myers was beating off in obscurity for 20-something years instead of actually appearing in Halloween's 4, 5 and 6 in which he was killing off more relatives of Jamie Lee Curtis' character.

The asshole director denied the three previous movies, all of which had very solid continuity. When he was asked about it in an interview, he said he thought acknowledging the previous movies was a waste of time and not a good idea. His assertion was that they were lowly "independent" films that no true Halloween fan watched. What he didn't remember was that the very first movie was an unheralded movie that just happened to go places.

Too bad since Danielle Harris and Donald Pleasance, who had main roles during that stretch of films, have ended up becoming just as popular (or close to it) as Jamie Lee Curtis among the Halloween fanbase.

Back On Topic:

Considering the poster doesn't show any of the actual actors from the film, that does not bode well for the characters we will be watching.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was the poster used at AFM (American Film Market) I am sure it will be completely different when the film is released.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed

Well huh...

Now that I have seen this, I have to say that visually it looks great. I would also have to say that if I didn't already know all that I do about GAR films it would probably prompt me to go see it. Here is the "but"...but why the 180 degree turn to the dead coming out of the ground. Please tell me that the new Day isn't going that path. I would be ok with that if and only if it was explained very well. I'm sitting here trying to think how this would work but I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas from anyone? Could zombies dig up the dead or is that too much work? Anyway, I like the look of it but not for this movie.
    THE DEAD WALK!

United States
    Posters are decieving. I mean, the DAWN 04 poster really should have had zombies on a track and the Contagium poster should have had zombies in a gym. This one should have zombies takin' a poo