Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Rules of the Dead" Movie? Or is this a Scam?

United States
    ill hold you to that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    > Who is this? My personal E-mail is not given anywhere on the site so
    > whoever
    > wrote this is a coward. But hide behind some fake name. In case you were
    > wondering the website is in a BETA form and we have not called attention
    > to it, nor
    > have we made any public annoucement that the project is in production. We
    > at
    > the very core are trying to keep this project in Florida to help promote
    > and
    > help the industry we have here. People like you only hurt it. So either
    > you are
    > man/woman enough to say who this is ~ or ~ hide behind the fact that you
    > are
    > a artist that is probably still struggling and headed to a life of
    > bull****
    > independant films and projects , which equate to loser! Either way
    > remember
    > this your mother is a whore! Good Luck and bye, bye!
    >
    From what I am understanding from this crackhead response that this guy gave you, he is saying that a struggling artist making indie films is a LOSER?!

Like the bull$hit he is involved in is great art or something?!!

Just because he puts a Kinko printed lame movie poster on a wall, has an office that is probably somebody's backroom and made four movies in two years, doesn't make you a Hollywood legend.

What a douche-bag. Exactly which brother sent you this email by the way?

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg
    From what I am understanding from this crackhead response that this guy gave you, he is saying that a struggling artist making indie films is a LOSER?!

Like the bull$hit he is involved in is great art or something?!!

Just because he puts a Kinko printed lame movie poster on a wall, has an office that is probably somebody's backroom and made four movies in two years, doesn't make you a Hollywood legend.

What a douche-bag. Exactly which brother sent you this email by the way?

Dawg
    Vilafane, Mark hurricane6032@aol.com

yeah, he seems like a dumb, little b*tch
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Rules of the Dead ~ Executive Producer and Writer

T-Fizzle,
    I would like to set up a phone meeting to discuss the script and actual involvement of Mr. Romero. I assure you after we talk, you will better understand where we are at and what we are about. The Website is in beta form and only a very rough "ROUGH" template on what we are looking at doing. So please contact me at your earliest convience and we can chat.

Thank you,
    Executive Producer
    Topher Villafane

United States

Legit or not?

To "RulesoftheDead"'s benefit, they can be like those guys who made 'Day of the Dead II'.

What is worse? A legit $50 million dollar movie that will probably look like crap or a $100 movie that will probably look like crap? (Your movie posters look very unprofessional, especially if you have a $50 million dollar budget. Sorry, but it doesn't look anywhere near real. Especially with your past films. If you are legit, hire a professional artist or photography to design you a better poster, especially if you have that much cash to throw around!)

I would prefer the $100 movie, because at least they tried and made a movie on only a $100.

Maybe somebody needs to contact George Romero to see if they are just throwing his name around or not.

If they aren't and it is legit, then congrats to them, hope their film does well and all. If not and they are just trying to sell a film with no involvement of George whatsoever, then that is really low...

Stay tuned I guess.

Dawg

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Rules of the Dead ~ Executive Producer and Writer

Dawg,
    Check your inbox and call me.

Undisclosed
    If GAR is attach what's his contact Information? What's his email? Not the one you can find on DGA..

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

skeptic

Fizzle and dawg (?) were both invited to discuss the project Rules of the Dead. Apparently they would rather hide behind some computer as opposed to talking like men. They sit there and judges us for trying to make a quality Zombie movie and then refuse to let us explain what Mr. Romero's role is or how he is attached. We came here to correct what has been said but really feel very little need to address these weak people. But for the ones who feel they want or need an answer ~ please feel free to send us a private message and we will arrange a meeting.

Undisclosed
    I'll talk to you... I have a meeting with my investors at 2 o'clock, but I can call anytime. Pm me with your contact information and I'll get in contact with you asap. My name is Lao...

United States

WTF Are you Smoking?!

Neil, admins: Please don't delete this. I am seriously not trying to start a flame war or anything. I, along with others here I imagine, would like to know if this is legit, and if the makers of said movie can't stop acting the way they are and be professional about it, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulesofthedead
    Fizzle and dawg (?) were both invited to discuss the project Rules of the Dead. Apparently they would rather hide behind some computer as opposed to talking like men. They sit there and judges us for trying to make a quality Zombie movie and then refuse to let us explain what Mr. Romero's role is or how he is attached. We came here to correct what has been said but really feel very little need to address these weak people. But for the ones who feel they want or need an answer ~ please feel free to send us a private message and we will arrange a meeting.
    Dude, I was away from my computer for a couple of days. In fact, I had a massive migrane after I got your little PM about calling you. Are you literally sitting there to read every stupid message one of us may leave on here?!

This site is a "discussion" board. Why the f**k do I have to waste my minutes calling your @$$ up to explain something like this? In fact, I was sort of defending you if you actually even read my last post. In fact, from the way you reacted from the follow-up posts and private messages you sent me, I have come to the conclusion that you are actually NOT legit.

There is no way in hell someone who is would waste their time talking to people like us. You are making a two-dollar movie and nothing more. Guess what, that's great! I'm excited for you!!

Don't PM me and say that I am hiding behind a computer. You can discuss this here just as well as on a phone. I'm not saying you are a dumb@$$ or anything, sweet Jesus!

So chill out. I wasn't trying to start $hit if it came off as that. I got my opinion and you got yours as well as anyone of us. The last time I checked, this was still a free f**king country after all.

Dawg

RULES OF THE DEAD'S PMs to me:

10th, Aug 2006 @ 03:38PM

T-Fizzle,
    I would like to set up a phone meeting to discuss the script and actual involvement of Mr. Romero. I assure you after we talk, you will better understand where we are at and what we are about. The Website is in beta form and only a very rough "ROUGH" template on what we are looking at doing. So please contact me at your earliest convience and we can chat.

Thank you,
    Executive Producer
    Topher Villafane

Can't even address it to me proper like, instead copying and pasting from one sent to T-Fizzle.

10th, Aug 2006 03:39PM

T-Fizzle,
    407-968-7135

Thank you,
    Executive Producer
    Topher Villafane

Still can't address me. Anyone call this number? "Rough" template?

10th, Aug 03:55PM

Originally Posted by Dawg
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rulesofthedead
    T-Fizzle,

Thank you,
    Executive Producer
    Topher Villafane

Why set up a private phone call? Just reply here online for everyone to see and be done with it.

I can't speak for the rest of us, but personally, if you are legit, like I said, congrats. If not, that isn't right if he isn't involved. That's all I'm saying.

-Dawg

We are in the very early stages of this movie and to give away what is happening could endanger the whole project. I'm not sure why you would be afraid to come from behind your computer (?) What do you have to lose? You might be able to get a scoop on what's going on, or help us.

Okay, so he figures explaining this to everyone on this discussion board would endanger the project, but he is willing to talk via phone to two complete strangers about it?!! Am I signing a wavier over the phone or something? Like I can't post about it here right afterward? Hiding behind a computer? At one point he said T-Fizzle and I weren't man enough? WTF?! Here's something to help you with, explain yourself to EVERYBODY. How hard is that? If you are legit, then explain it. If not, leave troll.

That's all I got to say about this matter. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but oh well. $hit happens I guess.

Dawg

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    does anyone really give two ****s either way?, who was gonna see it before hand and whos opinions changed now?, no ones?. thought so.

this threads turning into a metaphor for tim glomb.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulesofthedead
    If you are legit then start acting like it.

if you want to discuss your movie go for it, but dont come on here insulting other members just for having a very valid opinion. even for a website that is in beta stage, that looks like something a 10 yr old did in IT class. get over it.

Now as for the rest of your posts, by all means discuss it with other members in a way you feel comfortable. if you are genuine then good luck to you, i hope your movie does well. If you stick around here, and share idea's, discuss roles or whatever, you can learn alot. our members know alot about zombies and the GAR dead universe, you can learn from them if you want to.

on the other hand, if your not legit, which looks more and more likely everytime i see one of your replies, carry on the way your going. get bitchy over every single comment made and start a flame off. but i warn you now boy, even if you were GAR himself, i would not hesitate to ban you once you start insulting these members.

Undisclosed
    Dawg, I'll call later today...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by KidOmega
    Dawg, I'll call later today...
    Sweet. Post up what happens, ASAP.

Undisclosed
    will do