Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 dawn reunion

Undisclosed
    I asked Ken Foree about it at Screamfest and he said he doubts the mall will let it happen again.
    I've selected a knit stocking cap, black and gold, with a Steeler emblem on the side. Is it okay if I put some spaghetti sauce on it? - George A. Romero

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by cinezombi View Post
    I asked Ken Foree about it at Screamfest and he said he doubts the mall will let it happen again.
    Damn, what a bummer.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I've lived by the Monroeville Mall my entire life and they've never been too thrilled to be the "Dawn of the Dead Mall".

So I'm thinking Ken isn't bull****ting on that.

United States

$$$

It all comes down to money, my friends. I'm not making negative commentary about the Comicon people, the Dawn celebrities, or anyone else. It is simply the truth; if you have the money to pay everyone involved to appear and participate AND cover all the costs of renting the convention center AND pay for the mall tour and the airport tour, AND all the other crap, then you'll have yourself a convention.

It is entirely possible to do this, but it requires massive knowledge, organization, contacts and money to pull it off.

Administrator

England
    I contacted Anchor Bay to see if they would be interested in knocking togethor a 40th anniversary collection of Night (& Dawn & any more), along with footage from a convention...

Not a peep back
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Doesn't surprise me considering the modest sales of the last Trilogy boxed set. Besides, HELL NO! I 'aint paying 50 quid for a box set with a lousy Land update.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Doesn't surprise me considering the modest sales of the last Trilogy boxed set. Besides, HELL NO! I 'aint paying 50 quid for a box set with a lousy Land update.
    Remember, that set had the 30th Anniversary Edition of Night, which made it a no-sale for many people. Check the sales of the DVDs in the States.

Also, check out the DVD "Halloween:25 Years of Terror" put out by Anchor Bay. It is a 2 disc set regarding a 25th anniversary convention for the entire Halloween franchise, warts and all. I think that this would work for the Dead Saga as well, easily.