Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind the scenes...

Undisclosed
    I know you best be mentioning me up in there!!!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Super Moderator

UK
    Cool, I'm loading it now ... damn connection here is taking it's time though, grrr!

So that's how you say your name, I kept pronouncing it like "Oog-a-rek".

*curses WMP* I wish they'd show a progress of download type colour in the ... err ... progress bar, so I knew how much had loaded. *ack* Now it's playing it without me telling it to, ack! Damn you Bill Gates!!!

These vlogs are well good though, I look forward to parts 4 and 5. Oh yeah, was it just you two guys in the school parking lot talking at a camera, or was there someone else there? If not, didn't you feel a bit random to any passers by?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was just us and the camera in the parking lot. We finished filming a scene where we were looking at a map to find a back way to his house and when we got done I just popped in a new tape and we shot the breeze for almost an hour...

oh and we recorded the WIDESCREEN Message explaining the 2.35:1 widescreen. I wanted to show people a Full Screen image then have it migrate into the proper 2.35:1 ratio and explain the bars are normal.

We had a few people come by and just look at us, but who cares.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I like the 2.35:1 bit, I get so tired having to explain to loads of people the difference between the ratios and why Pan & Scan is the spawn of the devil. That said, only films that were filmed in widescreen should be presented as such, we've now got the opposite of Pan & Scan these days. Films shot in 4:3 being fooked up to 16:9...yuck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Then there's my fillm which was shot on both 16:9 camera and a 4:3 camera so the aspect ration ended up WIDE.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I think he does that stuff to confuse people.

I love that 2.35:1 intro - I also cannot stand it when people watch a widescreen movie and say "part of the picture is missing" - not it's not you dolt! in widescreen you actually see MORE of the damn picture!

I guess not only do some people not understand widescreen, but they just don't care to educate themselves about it - that's what really drives me nuts.

I think that intro is cool because when it moves from 4x3 to the proper aspect ratio ("this bar is normal" ) you can actually see how 'wide' it gets and if you watch Dj's car carefully (watch the lefthand side), you'll see just how much more of the picture you actually get to see.

widescreen, GOOD! fullscreen, pan & scan, anything 4x3 BAD!

LC

Super Moderator

UK
    Shooting in 4:3 and then leaving it as such is fine by me. Shooting in 4:3, but deliberately shooting wide to leave space to put in black bars afterwards is also fine by me. What I hate is when a film has been shot in 4:3 (or thereabouts) specifically for that format, and then some muppet company comes along and chops it up and gives us less picture just to it fits a bit better on a widescreen tv - just stretch the image, you don't notice it after a while, you get quite used to it in fact.

But 2.35:1 (or ooh, 2.40:1 ) is my preferred format though...not that I have the equipment (or particular yearning) to do it at the moment. I used to film my shorts in 16:9, but then had to get a new camera, which does the old "stretch the 4:3 image to make 16:9 after some software manipulation" thing, so I just sticked with normal 4:3. I'm going to try out the widescreen mode on the camera with my editing software again to see if I can be arsed, lol.

I think the special feature on the Die Hard: Special Edition DVD should be made mandatory viewing ("Why Widescreen?" I think it's called). I'm going to show that featurette to my Mum to help explain to her what this ratio biz is all about (even though I've tried on numerous occasions).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie

But 2.35:1 (or ooh, 2.40:1 ) is my preferred format

That is my preferred format. I hate 16:9(1.78:1/1.66:1) and 1.85:1. Just give me Anamorphic 2.35:1 and I will be a happy man. I will never shoot anything again in any other aspect ration than 2.35:1. I have done two projects in that ratio...

Eating Habits (which I serve as editor and have no say in aspect ratio)
    LHOCHHAR 2006: The Year of the Dog (a project that Thomas Fant, DP of DEADLANDS, and I did in January for the Nepal celebration of the new year.)

EH is being set to 1.85:1
    LHOCHHAR: was 1.78:1

However, on the DVD for LHOCHHAR I put a similar message explaining the format (WS) however I used text.

I wanna come up with my own ratio 2.27:4 or something
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Man, even stuff shot in 4x3 and presented in 4x3 gets on my nerves. Get with the times, people!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well the majority of god fearing Americans, and humans in general whom own TV's, own only a 4:3 TV, so to them they are getting the full picture and are "with the times."

ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm, widescreen is a pretty popular type of TV. Like here in the UK, you'd be hard pushed to actually purchase a 4:3 TV (unless it's a 14 inch portable type affair, anything above 14inches and you've got no chance). Go into an electrical goods shop and you'll only see widescreen TVs.

Here we've got one widescreen TV, a 21 inch 4:3 and four 14 inch 4:3 portables ... and there's 3 of us living here , what's even more random is that we've actually had more TVs than that in this house.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I see more Widescreen TV's at best buy and Circuit City, but Wally World (Wal-Mart for the sarcasm illiterate) stocks more 4:3 Tv's and most people can only afford Wally World.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Webumentary #4 is up.

Make with the clickey here.

Undisclosed
    whoo hooo, eating habits plug

i cant wait for #5

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Part 5 has a lot of plugs...

But yes folks part 4 is finally online, it took a while, but I got it up there and rendered Part 5 and it is ready to go for Today.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 18-Aug-2006 at 02:52 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!