Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Behind the scenes...

Super Moderator

UK
    Rock on, part four was cool, don't you just hate assholes who insist on driving by at the wrong time? Looking forward to the part five plug-a-thon.

United States
    plug-a-thon - sounds like a marathon commerical for tampons!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    WIIIIICKED!!!!

Cheers for the shout out Dj - mucho appreciente, and *cheeky grin* I made Trapped for ... dun-dun-duuuuun ... £0 (not whining, just chipping in ). I think I should rename my production "company" to "Literally No Budget Films".

My biggest budget has been ... cripes, actually about £50, that was for "my NIGHTMARE" - under £5 for fake blood ingredients and £45 to borrow this bloke's camera to I could upload the last and very important footage after my camera (at that time) crapped out. With Trapped I was able to use the remaining blood from "my NIGHTMARE" and had finally gone miniDV.

Likewise, "VHS" was made for about £3 (blood ingredients) and errr...my next literally no budget short - "I Am Zombie Man" (add another to your list, sir ) was also made for £0...

Now, if you were counting costs in terms of time, then there is a great deal of personal cost as I spend quite a bit of time in the end of the day, because I end up doing everything on the film quite literally, except for acting, and even then I offen find myself doing the voice over material...likewise for "I Am Zombie Man" (which is mid-edit / late re-write for V/O stage). Should hopefully have "IAZM" up online by the end of the month, target running time of between 5 and 10 minutes.

You'll be glad to hear though, that I am jotting down ideas for a short film script (a comedy, not horror though) to film with my business partner (Nelson Six Productions for videography, look out people! ), and the current, off-the-top-of-me-'ed budget for that will be ... *drumroll* in the vicinity of ... *drumroll part two* ... £5,000. ($9,407.07).

Aye captain, on big old leap and bound. The idea is to get a logistically not-so-complex short film shot first (for experience and whatnot) so that when we get around to doing another short film we have planned (called "T34" currently) we'll have some more experience and contacts under our belt, for the (much larger and logisitcally complex) production...

*phew*

Rant over, thanks again for the shout-out, it's nice to be appreciated and I'm glad people like what I put out there to the wolves. Rock on with Deadlands, it looks friggin' kick ass ... *ahem* now I'll go and watch the rest of the webisode, hehe...(even though CLEARLY the best bit is over )

Oh, and I'm Scottish, but live in England, so you're still correct. Long live the pound!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Aug-2006 at 11:44 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glad ya liked the shout out. I was trying to give everyone a shout out I could think of. On the DVD commentary I mention quite a few more people.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, flattery ... or just a snifter of attention ... will get you everywhere with me, baby.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys want a laugh,

here are some older Documentaries on the making of DEADLANDS.

http://playingwithdeadthings.com/media/BTSDEADLANDS.wmv
    and
    http://playingwithdeadthings.com/med...DEADLANDS2.wmv

Really old stuff from summer 2005

Includes clips from one of the Alternate endings
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    holy crap is that the dude from ghost hunters?

just kidding but it was cool to actually see something cus i cant watch most wm vids online cus of some unkown frikkin' problem with my pc, but hey cool job man it looks very cool

holy crap more smileys!

United States
    That was the first BTS, wasn't it? With the PA doing his best Steve Irwin imitation?

"we're looking for the elusive zombie... uh oh! there's one right there! look at 'im!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah that was from our very first weekend of principal photography.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!