Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friggin' Done...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

It's Friggin' Done...

The edit for DEADLANDS is now complete. All pick-up footage is inserted and the cut is ready to be put onto a Temp Disc for One real viewing. If no problems persist...

That is it, and maybe we can start rolling this puppy out sooner.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Oh yeah!!!!

Lets get our paws on that sucker!!!!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States

Now I just have to wait 'till saturday for the first real viewing.. this is gonna feel like forever.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    congrats, huzzah and whatnot

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    The edit for DEADLANDS is now complete. All pick-up footage is inserted and the cut is ready to be put onto a Temp Disc for One real viewing. If no problems persist...

That is it, and maybe we can start rolling this puppy out sooner.
    Will you have a paypal account (or something similar) or is it going to be all money order/checks?

What does one have to do to get a pre release copy?

Let me know when its ready for distribution... any chance we could get signed copies?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Signed copies shouldn't be a problem, and oh yes I do have a PAYPAL account. I really want to strictly use PAYPAL to handle the transaction of sales.

Pre-Release copies.... Sorry, Only Axlish was that lucky because he did a review.

Here are some fun facts.

The films entire running time is 62 minutes (w/end credits) 57 (w/o end credits).

The entire 5 part Webumentary will be on the DVD. That has a running time of 52 Minutes (yes I cut some stuff out of it.)

At least 2 trailers will be on the DVD and Brian (Lou Cipherr) is working on a 10 minute BTS photo gallery featurette.

Retail Price... Between $12.99 and $14.99

I was thinking of releasing two seperate versions of the film... My cut, which is what I finished last night and the Film Festival cut which is 5 minutes shorter and also contains alternate gore scenes. If I release 2 versions of the movie the price will jump and extra $3.00 and then ya add $4.00 for S&H cause I am sending them out Priority mail. (US ONLY) Overseas shipping hasn't been calculated yet.

I am also going to render a PAL version of the film for those of you across the pond. It will be region free of course I will keep everyone posted on that as well.

Once we look at it on Saturday if there are no more issues then we can release the film sooner.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Excellent news DJ . Whenever the pre-order is ready I'll be there to place my order .

Super Moderator

UK
    Damnit man, get that PAL version done chop-chop.

Mind you, would you still ship NTSC versions across the pond? Cos some of us have players that can play American DVDs...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If people want NTSC they can have it, but I am gonna offer both
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    PAL? you guys across the pond just have to be different, don't ya? Actually, I prefer PAL format - it is superior to NTSC if just for the framerate.

Y'know, this is so typical of the US. Think about it: when Beta and VHS were fighting it out, VHS won only because the tapes were longer - but Beta had a better picture & sound. Then, I'm sure when we were deciding what format to use - NTSC or PAL - some bozo here probably said "well, PAL is a superior format, but lets go with NTSC just to be difficult"

I'm glad Dj is going to offer it in both formats. I might just keep a PAL format on hand 'cause I like it better.

LC

Super Moderator

UK
    So you guys with NTSC VHS ... oh dear

I've seen NTSC VHS (I actually have a couple) and it looks so interlaced and hazy in comparison to PAL VHS, which is far superior. The only let down of old man VHS was bleeding of deep colour (think the opening credits of A Clockwork Orange), and of course deterioration over time (depending on owner treatment though).

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive never really got the region differences and such betwixt the us and the uk, seriously whats the point, its like copyright portection on cds, it sounds snazzy in theory but does it really do anything?

EDIT: oh wait that does do something, it causes your pc screen to emit a ghostly wail, turn blue then crash.

Super Moderator

UK
    The whole region code thing on DVD is completely ghey, it makes no sense. I remember some people speaking out saying it was wrong for Brits to be buying American DVDs, treating it like piracy - *ahem* excuse me, we're BUYING said DVDs ... geez.

Also, when Region 2 gets so much in the way of "vanilla DVD" treatment, it's no wonder people go for Region 1 - that's why I do it so much. At best R2 has to wait ages after R1 gets a flash new version of a film.

Case in point - Sin City - R2, sh*tty vanilla release. R1 - sh*tty vanilla release and the AWESOME VERSION (I own the latter).

So, basically, region coding is ghey. I don't understand why it's at all necessary, surely everyone should be allowed to have the awesome versions of DVDs when everybody can get a hold of them?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In regards to Sin City I waited for the AWESOME version because I wasn't wasting money on some no feature bare bones release.

However, your Shaun of the DEAD release was much better than the region 1. The region 1 is the same disc, less features. I love my PAL version.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, a little taste of life in the R2 zone

Aye the Shaun DVD we put out was awesome, not sure what the R1 ghey version was like though.

Aye, I waited out for the awesome version of Sin City, although I said that before, hehe, I downloaded it to see it first (then saw it in the cinema, which was awesome-o) and then got the awesome DVD version. I even got my Dad to watch it and he was really into it, heck, I got him to watch Spaced - and he was really into that too. Cool beans.