Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commentary Complete... Tweaks Needed & More DEADLANDS UPDATES

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Commentary Complete... Tweaks Needed & More DEADLANDS UPDATES

Well, tonight my producers, Make-Up FX supervisor and DP sat down and recorded the commentary for the film. We first watched the film to proof the print where in some tweaks were noted/suggested and plus no one besides myself had seen the latest cut of the film so before we did the commentary we all checked it out so everyone was familiar with the new scenes/edit.

After 62 minutes of watching the film we set up the microphone and began doing the commentary which we covered 80% of everything I hoped we would talk about and the track will give you future buyers some interesting tidbits of info about the making of the film.

Other updates

This weekend of course was the weekend of the Horrorfind convention in Baltimore, MD so like most horror fans I was eager for this event to come around. After arriving I did my rounds to get stuff signed and spoke to Greg Nicotero for a bit. I mentioned I finished the film, and he asked for a copy so I was eager to passone on. Since Greg was the one who got me on the set of LAND, in which I had the time of my life, I also had to thank him because all BS aside that entire experience coupled with the DAWN remake set visit really made me want to make this film.

Greg said he will check it out and give me his honest opinion on the film in which I asked him to be completely honest and to not hold back so Hopefully soon I will hear his thoughts on the film. :Crosses fingers:

Believe it or not.. I was in line for Romero and Monrozombi was nice enough to wait til I got up there to shoot some pictures for me... anyway, when I got up to his booth We began talking about the night I was on the Land set, and one of the other zombies on set that night was his assistant, and we got chatty for a few and I mentioned to him that the set visit was a jump start for me to do my own film as well. George asked if I finished it, and I replied Yes. He asked for a copy which i of course gave up very quickly.

Do I expect him to actually watch the film... I hope he does but I know he is busy and probably won't view it, but he did ask for my contact information so I gave him one of the press kits I brought with me... here's hoping, but I don't expect to hear anything cause he is a busy man and probably gets a 1000 films from zombie fans at every con his visits in a year.

Release screenings

The NYC film Horror Festival kit finally went out and this is the festival I hope I do get accepted at because this and RIHFF are the biggest horror fests on the planet.

My producer Lisa Brandt and Brian and his Wife are going to help try to bring the film to some Digital cinemas and are going to undertake the task of setting up Screenings for the film at other venue's. (i had a venue I was hoping to get but things aren't looking to well at the moment, so they jumped at the task in which I was happy to see them partake.

Final update...

Most of you don't know but About three weeks ago I was helping Fulcifan make his short film EATING HABITS and the first night on set at the new location I landed myself in the hospital via ambulance. What was assumed to be mostly an anxiety attack turned out to be a minor, and I mean minor Heart Attack. After two weeks of heart tests and other physicals it was determined that i need to have some heart surgery and this Wednesday I will be going to Washington Adventist Hospital for Angioplasty (sp?) Surgery on my heart. So if you don't see me for a few days it will be because I will be too sedated to move out of bed. The procedure is a quick in and out 12 hour deal... Providing my vitals return to normal I should be home by 12:00am Wednesday night, but will be laid up for quite a few weeks. I will have LouCipherr try to keep you guys updated.

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. have a great day/night/morning everyone.

Dj
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 13-Aug-2006 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Title misspell
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    DJ I am sure your movie will get awesome reviews and I can't wait to see it. In all seriousness though take care of yourself and take heed when your docs tell you to rest. I wish you lots of good luck with your surgery, fast healing, and please get well soon.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Most of you don't know but About three weeks ago I was helping Fulcifan make his short film EATING HABITS and the first night on set at the new location I landed myself in the hospital via ambulance. What was assumed to be mostly an anxiety attack turned out to be a minor, and I mean minor Heart Attack. After two weeks of heart tests and other physicals it was determined that i need to have some heart surgery and this Wednesday I will be going to Washington Adventist Hospital for Angioplasty (sp?) Surgery on my heart. So if you don't see me for a few days it will be because I will be too sedated to move out of bed. The procedure is a quick in and out 12 hour deal... Providing my vitals return to normal I should be home by 12:00am Wednesday night, but will be laid up for quite a few weeks. I will have LouCipherr try to keep you guys updated.

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. have a great day/night/morning everyone.

Dj
    Damn. Sorry to hear that, dude. Drop the smokes immediately and start up exercise as soon as you are able. Follow the doctors orders and you'll be right as rain.

For those that don't know, angioplasty is the procedure where they tunnel a angio catheter into an artery (usually femoral) wiggle it's way up into the heart and into the blocked artery that is causing the problem. They then inflate the cath, which has a balloon type do-jobbie on the end that widens the diameter of the affected artery. This is a fairly common procedure.

A great site with details.

http://www.medicinenet.com/coronary_...ty/article.htm

Good luck!

We all want to see Deadlands II finish... plus, this place wouldn't be the same without you.

Super Moderator

UK
    Good luck with all the stuff on the film front, and good vibes for the surgery my man. Take things easy once you're out, don't feel you need to rush back to see us dafties, just get healthy dude ... then we'll have some Deadlands 2 please.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks everyone...

I plan on coming out of this. I have a sequel to do and many other huge plans on the horizon.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    As most others said, good luck, and just let me know whenever your up for shooting eating habits again, any date is fine no matter how late, as long as your comfortable.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks again everyone...

A quick update:

The Commentary needs to be re-done (Just like everything else on this film since Day 1 ) It seems that anything we try to do always has issues and requires a re-do, I had hoped the commentary would not have done that but, OFW (oh f*cking well) Like the rest of the production we just go back and do it again.

I am 24 hours away from the surgery... Getting nervous but Lou and I have been keeping busy by working on the DVD artwork.

I will Pop on the page once I am up and walking around.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Just make sure you recover quickly - I can't do all this stuff by myself!

On a serious note, yes, there were some technical/hardware problems during the recording of the documentary, but Dj has figured a way around this and we have another date scheduled to re-do the commentary. Should be even more fun than the first time.. just like everything else we've done on this project!

The dvd and box cover art (which were already done but needed some tweaking) are are coming along splendid. I speak for everyone when I say we can't wait to finally get this darn thing out to the public.

Soon, Daniel-san, soon....

LC

I will Pop on the page once I am up and walking around.
    That's all well and good, as long as you don't wake up saying "braaaaaaaaaaaains!"

Last edited by LouCipherr; 15-Aug-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr
    Just make sure you recover quickly - I can't do all this stuff by myself!

On a serious note, yes, there were some technical/hardware problems during the recording of the documentary, but Dj has figured a way around this and we have another date scheduled to re-do the commentary. Should be even more fun than the first time.. just like everything else we've done on this project!

The dvd and box cover art (which were already done but needed some tweaking) are are coming along splendid. I speak for everyone when I say we can't wait to finally get this darn thing out to the public.

Soon, Daniel-san, soon....

LC

That's all well and good, as long as you don't wake up saying "braaaaaaaaaaaains!"

THe first words when i wake up are probably going to be... Marlboro, unless the nurse is really hot then my first words will be PUSSY
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

Too funny... that's just wrong, but I wouldn't put anything past you..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok Kiddies,

All the tweaks are finished. The Cast & Crew Copies have gone out and the only thing left right now is to re-record the group commentary. Aside from the recrecording of the commentary the film is complete and we will now be officially releasing DEADLANDS on OCTOBER 3rd.

We have decided to release two different versions

Single Disc:
    Movie
    Making the Dead Walk - A Discussion with Producer Brian Wright
    July 2006 Trailer
    Director Commentary (Me Only)

Price (12.00 Shipped HPotD Member Price USA Shipping only)
    Price ($14.00 Shipped International Shipping HPotD Member Price)

Dual Disc Set (Limited Production 100 Discs)
    Disc #1
    Movie
    Group Commentary
    July 2006 & March 2006 Trailers

Disc #2
    Discussing the Dead (Director Gary Ugarek and Producer Brian Wright Talk DEADLANDS)
    Laugh Track (Bloopers)
    Photo Gallery

Price $18.00 Shipped (USA)
    Price $20.00 Shipped (International)

We will start taking orders September 25th 2006.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    Get well soon im sure your movie will be ausome.

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet as, I'll have to put that date in my 'lil black book, only PayPal is it? Hmmm...will have to resurrect my old paypal account/make new one...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh I forgot to mention...

We will be taking Money Orders and Cash too, but Paypal is preferred.
    Also, the PAL edition will be slightly delayed however, the NTSC version is Region free
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Any differences with the PAL version over the NTSC?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 21-Aug-2006 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Super-ghey-forum-laaaaaaaaaaaaaag!