Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Cell"...

Administrator

England

"Cell"...

Third page in... Big blank page with just, "For Richard Matheson and George Romero"...

Nice one Mr King!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Isle of Man
    New news on Cell...Stephen King and Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever) are joining together to turn Cell into a movie. I for one am very excited!

United States
    As long as King has ALOT to do with how the screenplay is written, it should be fantastic!!!!

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    As long as King has ALOT to do with how the screenplay is written, it should be fantastic!!!!
    Hopefully he does one of his B class acts and joins in the movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    What is cell supposed to be about ... cell phone death or something isn't it?

I might try reading a Stephen King book for the first time soon, might go with Cell for the first try. Otherwise I'll get "Non-Fiction" by Chuck Palahniuk to complete the collection

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by idsaluteyoubub
    New news on Cell...Stephen King and Eli Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever) are joining together to turn Cell into a movie. I for one am very excited!
    I'm only 12 pages in
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Read, my friend......read like the wind!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    But you've read the synopsis on the back though surely? lol.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    But you've read the synopsis on the back though surely? lol.
    Nope!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn youze, Neil!

United States
    The novel turned out pretty good but it's not your typical zombie story. It has zombie elements like the apocalyptic nature of such an event, but not really many flesh eating. I like the fact that King leaves alot of questions unanswered and doesn't tie up any of the loose ends. This novel would do great being fan fictioned to death by fans.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    it's a zombie book, just like 28 Day Later was a zombie movie.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    it's a zombie book, just like 28 Day Later was a zombie movie.
    Exactly.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    What is cell supposed to be about ... cell phone death or something isn't it?

I might try reading a Stephen King book for the first time soon, might go with Cell for the first try. Otherwise I'll get "Non-Fiction" by Chuck Palahniuk to complete the collection

grab palahniuk first, that's a great book

Dying

Undisclosed

Movies of Stephen King novels

are generally crap. Not only do I include those theaterically released, but those on tv (ALA Rose Red, Kingdom Hospital...)

If I was going to get excited about this (I really liked the book) it would be about Eli Roth's participation.