Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Censor****!?

United Kingdom

Question Censor****!?

Just a Question... Sorry if its asked before, but why is this forum Censored!? this sites based around Zombie movies, so anyone HERE is sure enough gonna be able to handle a few FU(KS and SH!TS

Canada
    These forums are family-oriented, suitable for all ages - faq section
    seems fair enough

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    huh?

but arent these movies 18 certificate?

the mind doth boggle.

United States
    Because on the old board there were problems with immature kids using profanity to an extreme. Anyone else remember the flame war of Dec 6, 2004? Several board members went ape#&*! that day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive allways thought this board was pretty zen... almost two calm at times its just when i say something like " i gotta clean up all this **** in my room" i dont mean it like profanity or as an insult but as language ,some people still bulsh at the words bastards or bugger and they aint blurred.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

Sure we can take foul language, but that's not the point. People shouldn't have to be subjected to the foulmouth rantings of those who are too inarticulate to use acceptable language when trying to construct an argument or make a point. I don't know if you guys have noticed but when someone feels the need to curse every other word it makes them look less than intelligent. Like sarah said in DAy " I've got better things to do than listen to this kindergarten". Also, there are women and kids that visit this site. it's not appropriate to subject them to that type of atmosphere. Every member of this site should be made to feel comfortable. You could say that if you don't like it just don't read it , but that would effectively "Censor" parts of the site from members who have as much right as anybody to roam freely without having to see offensive posts. Now is that fair?

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still can't fathom how P I S S is censored. Don't you guys in the UK go out and get P I S S E D from time to time.

Hell P*SS is even said on regular TV here in the USA.

I think P!SS should at least be uncensored.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    ive allways thought this board was pretty zen... almost two calm at times its just when i say something like " i gotta clean up all this **** in my room" i dont mean it like profanity or as an insult but as language ,some people still bulsh at the words bastards or bugger and they aint blurred.
    I guess it's also true that no matter what you do that you're always going to offend some people. How ever i think that the majority of people here know what falls outside the boundries of good taste. Also, to clear up any confusion, i also think that most of the members of this site conduct themselves in an exemplary manner and are very concious not to disrespect other members. But as was stated earlier there's always one or 2 at every site.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I still can't fathom how P I S S is censored. Don't you guys in the UK go out and get P I S S E D from time to time.

Hell P*SS is even said on regular TV here in the USA.

I think P!SS should at least be uncensored.
    so is the word bitch
    Last edited by darth los; 20-Aug-2006 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Canada
    not it aint, i see it fine darth

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Because on the old board there were problems with immature kids using profanity to an extreme. Anyone else remember the flame war of Dec 6, 2004? Several board members went ape#&*! that day.
    *cough*Moderators*cough*

United States
    Where I'm from, if it ain't got 2 fux in it, it ain't a sentence.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Administrator

England
    You guys are learning, the reasons for the censor have been listed already. just in case you missed them, here they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los
    Sure we can take foul language, but that's not the point. People shouldn't have to be subjected to the foulmouth rantings of those who are too inarticulate to use acceptable language when trying to construct an argument or make a point. I don't know if you guys have noticed but when someone feels the need to curse every other word it makes them look less than intelligent. Like sarah said in DAy " I've got better things to do than listen to this kindergarten". Also, there are women and kids that visit this site. it's not appropriate to subject them to that type of atmosphere. Every member of this site should be made to feel comfortable. You could say that if you don't like it just don't read it , but that would effectively "Censor" parts of the site from members who have as much right as anybody to roam freely without having to see offensive posts. Now is that fair?
    i have discussed this with neil and we both think the 4 word censor is just right now, so we wont be changing it.

oh and by the way guys, its against the rules to bypass the censor

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    4 key swear words are automatically censored out on all area's of these forums, you may not at any time bybass or deceive this censor.

Offensive posts will be edited or deleted and offending members warned.

Super Moderator

UK
    I still think P*SS should be let off, it's a pretty standard word, especially sat next to the other three, which are pretty obvious why they're banned. So my thoughts are the "P" word should be uncensored, you can keep the others fer now...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma

man, that is so true!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I still think P*SS should be let off, it's a pretty standard word, especially sat next to the other three, which are pretty obvious why they're banned. So my thoughts are the "P" word should be uncensored, you can keep the others fer now...

I am with Minion on this one... Unban the P word. Pussy, snatch, Hell I even think COCK is allowed, why not P*ss? When's the last time you got p*ss Drunk? Or was P*ssed they did another remake of a romero film.

See it is a harmless word. So let's all get P*ssed in celebration of the de-banning of the P word.

Quote Originally Posted by coma
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome

man, that is so true!

3 or 4 when I am talking, but that's usually me going off on a rant.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 20-Aug-2006 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*