Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Land of the dead remake! omfg!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilFlyingCow View Post
    I would jump for joy if Dawn was remade in the style of Night90.
    yeah i suppose that wouldnt be too bad, as long as the kept the synthesizer music, that **** was awesome

AND NO MORE ****ING VING RHAMES!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    it'd be retarded to remake Land a mere 10 years after it came out, not even Hollywood is that dumb.
    Don't be too sure of that!

United States

zzzzzz

WHY!?
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Super Moderator

UK
    Perzactly, by the time Land would be 'eligible' at an incredibly early age, the remake 'fad' will have died off, it's already starting to wane, and like I was saying - by then, the 3-D fashion will be in...then we'll probably be seeing old movies ... IN 3-D!!!

So methinks you'll sooner see Land of the Dead: 3D than Land of the Remake...

United States
    Why would anyone wait only 10 years to remake Land? Night wasn't remade until over 20 years later. Same with Dawn. As for Day, it is right around 20 years. Bottom line.........you won't see a remake of Land until 2024/2025 at the earliest. Period!

Undisclosed
    why are we talking about a remake of land. STOP REMAKES. Especially when a studio makes money off a remake and then adds some ****ty sequel. (ex. Hills Have Eyes 2, Texas Chainsaw Massacre : The Beginning, etc.)

Its so sad. They were talking about doing a Dawn Of The Dead 2 for God's sake!

Super Moderator

UK
    Have you seen Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007) yet though? That's not out yet I don't think, is it? I actually thought the original THHE remake was a very good film, definitely the best horror remake in this latest Hollywood trend, it was actually a good film, because the original wasn't sh*t-hot to begin with.

The problem with remakes is 99% of the time they're trying to remake good movies, or even great movies. What they should be doing is taking tosh from back in the day (e.g. Drive-In Massacre) and remaking that to make something better, like how Hooper's Toolbox Murders is better than the original, or at least by a little bit, as the original is pretty much a load of bollocks ... unless you're in the mood for exploitation kicks and a really out-of-place ending.

capncnut
    Have you seen Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007) yet though? That's not out yet I don't think, is it?
    I do believe Minerva is talking about the 1984 Wes Craven sequel to the original Hills Have Eyes. A big old heap of turd in my opinion. So bad that Wes Craven actually sat on it for two years because he didn't have a clue what he was going to do with it. The sequel is despised primarily for it's heavy use of long flashbacks, even the f**king dog has one!

I really hope they don't use that story for the 2007 sequel.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Feb-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Nope, I think he was actually talking about the 2007 version, especially as he mentioned TCM: The Beginning, being a 'sequel to a sh*tty remake' in his words (sumarised words anyway).

I have the Craven Hills 2 sitting around somewhere, but haven't touched it yet, I was kinda weirded out to see Penny Johnson Gerald in it in some dodgy 80's get-up ... what's David Palmer's wife doing running around there?!

capncnut
    Yeah, <re-reads post>, my mistake. What a silly Knut.

I have the Craven Hills 2 sitting around somewhere, but haven't touched it yet, I was kinda weirded out to see Penny Johnson Gerald in it in some dodgy 80's get-up... what's David Palmer's wife doing running around there?!
    I know that chick from The Larry Sanders Show and yeah, I was weirded out by her appearance. Even more so when she got her tits out.

Undisclosed
    The Hills Have Eyes remake sucked. The most cliche'd and rediculous remake. Why are all of the mutants super-human? And why is Leatherface super-human in the new ****? Its pretty silly.

Super Moderator

UK
    Superhuman? Eh?

And Leatherface wasn't superhuman in the original movies (bar the first ever one). He only got an arm off in the remake.

Now, Michael Myers - he's been shot to sh*t, had a need in the eye and stabbed god knows how many times (and then a lot more), yet he's still ticking. Jason came back from the dead, Freddy is a law unto himself.

Undisclosed
    Freddy and Jason movies are really stupid. Leatherface though, do you really see the original Leatherface as "superhuman"? He was a fat retard. Thats basically what he was.

Super Moderator

UK
    I said "bar the first ever one" though in my post, haha, you can't catch me out sunshine!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    Freddy and Jason movies are really stupid.
    I said "bar the first ever one."
    Talking of first ones , A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th are two horror classics. When I first saw Freddy as a kid, he s**t the life out of me. It was when they started adding those stupid puns to his dialogue that the series went downhill (from 2 onwards). Friday the 13th is similar but instead of puns, it's Jason's actual presence. I don't know about you but (from 2 onwards) he bored the crap out of me. None of those two movies are remotely close to Halloween though. And Halloween 2 was awesome as well.
    Last edited by capncnut; 27-Feb-2007 at 11:55 PM.