Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Land of the dead remake! omfg!!!

Undisclosed
    the only leatherface that was kinda strong was the one in part 3, but otherwise, hes normal just viciously retarded. i like nightmare on elm street, but friday the 13th. never anything super special to me.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol Minerva, he was resurrected from the dead via a lightening bolt! He's been drowned, elecrocuted, sent to hell and blown up in space only to come back bigger and stronger than before ... that's pretty specially super if you ask me.

Undisclosed
    i was just talking about the movie. i definatly agree with you on jason though. lol

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    He was resurrected from the dead via a lightening bolt! He's been drowned, elecrocuted, sent to hell and blown up in space only to come back bigger and stronger than before...
    LOL, when you look at it like that, it makes the Friday the 13th series seem like a total and utter pile of turd.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ach! No it ain't, it's crazy - yes indeedy - but it's pure, unbridled slasher-flick goodness. It's my favourite slasher franchise out of the "big 3".

Part 1 - classic, it's dark, scary, has sex, drugs and ignorant teens...plus "ki ki ki, ma ma ma"

Part 2 - JASON! Continues very soon after #1, old school slasher fun, with MORE SEX!

Part 3 - Picks up right after #2, nice, the crappy 3-D cracks me up, hockey mask first crops up.

Part 4 - Savini back on board, the BEST of all the sequels, classic slasher fun, it's dark, ignorant teens are f*cking each other's brains out, the gore is fantastic, Jason is still f*cking really cool and they KILL him off.

Part 5 - lame bar a few moments.

Part 6 - so much fun, it ain't classic Friday anymore, but it's so much fun, Thom Mathews, Alice Cooper soundtrack.

Part 7 - Jason's make-up (under the mask) is absolutely superb, best in the entire franchise, again, more craziness and that auburn-haired chick with the big mouth has crackin' tits.

Part 8 - retarded, but when Jason FINALLY gets to Manhattan it's a lot of fun.

Part 9 - retarded.

Jason X - had a lot of fun, totally removed from the classics of the franchise sadly, but lots of horny, sexy space teens f*cking each other's brains out - IN SPACE!

I think my all time fave F13 flick is Part 4, it's just the top f*cking dogs bollocks.

Undisclosed
    i hate cheesy slasher movies like that. i'll watch it for fun, but the friday the 13th series is really not my cup of tea. i prefer the chainsaws or the hellraiser series.

capncnut
    I think my all time fave F13 flick is Part 4, it's just the top f*cking dogs bollocks.
    I'll give you that. IV was a good return to form as was VI (mirrored) but neither are remotely close to toppling the 1st. It's the same with Freddy III and Halloween II, both of which were great. It's only when they hit the 10 mark that's it makes you reflect on the previous episodes and realise what a load of old dogs cock most of 'em are!

United States
    The best F13s are when it gets really stupid and removed from the original movies like Jason takes Manhattan and the one with the black cowboy detective guy (goes to hell?). I loved that one.
    And boning teens in Space. That was pure entertainment.
    All the halloween suck except for 1 and 2. H2o was decent
    I hate all the Freddy movies. Even I. Lame.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Timing I guess. I was 11 when A Nightmare on Elm Street dropped and I thought it was okay.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Timing I guess. I was 11 when A Nightmare on Elm Street dropped and I thought it was okay.
    I was only maybe 14. I think its just a matter of taste. Most other people really love that movie.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Ach! No it ain't, it's crazy - yes indeedy - but it's pure, unbridled slasher-flick goodness. It's my favourite slasher franchise out of the "big 3".

Part 1 - classic, it's dark, scary, has sex, drugs and ignorant teens...plus "ki ki ki, ma ma ma"

Part 2 - JASON! Continues very soon after #1, old school slasher fun, with MORE SEX!

Part 3 - Picks up right after #2, nice, the crappy 3-D cracks me up, hockey mask first crops up.

Part 4 - Savini back on board, the BEST of all the sequels, classic slasher fun, it's dark, ignorant teens are f*cking each other's brains out, the gore is fantastic, Jason is still f*cking really cool and they KILL him off.

Part 5 - lame bar a few moments.

Part 6 - so much fun, it ain't classic Friday anymore, but it's so much fun, Thom Mathews, Alice Cooper soundtrack.

Part 7 - Jason's make-up (under the mask) is absolutely superb, best in the entire franchise, again, more craziness and that auburn-haired chick with the big mouth has crackin' tits.

Part 8 - retarded, but when Jason FINALLY gets to Manhattan it's a lot of fun.

Part 9 - retarded.

Jason X - had a lot of fun, totally removed from the classics of the franchise sadly, but lots of horny, sexy space teens f*cking each other's brains out - IN SPACE!

I disqualify 5 and 9 from any legitimate discussion on the series because Jason wasn't even the killer in Part 5 (that was the imposter) and he didn't kill most of the people in Part 9 (possessing other people's bodies doesn't count to me). That jerk in the suspenders had so much face time it was sickening. Hodder was hardly in the damn movie.

As for the Halloween movies, I never saw what was so bad about the sequels, aside from H20/Resurrection/Season of the Witch. I thought Loomis was more interesting than Laurie Strode. Those sequels were no worse than most other horror sequels.

Undisclosed
    Well, if you disqualify 5 and 9 because Jason wasn't the killer, then disqualify the original too. Jason didn't enter the series until part 2.

Australia
    you cannot beat hellraiser too awesome the imortal line in the night club "shall we begin" is the most awesomestests line ever. period. compared friday, halloween, texas and nightmare are just ordinary

capncnut
    Agreed, the Hellraiser series is awesome (especially 2). Some of the deaths in those movies were truly spectacular and even the later sequels kicked ass. Hey, that just reminded me of something I should've posted ages ago, cheers mon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yep, just to say i prefer the hellraiser series too.