Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Land of the dead remake! omfg!!!

Undisclosed

Land of the dead remake! omfg!!!

there going to make it eventually like in 10 years or so them unoriginol bastards!!

Lol and who ever clicked this must of been like OMFG WHAT!?!?!?

just wanted to get your attention.

and btw tell me your thoughts if they remade this sooner then you think.

lol would be utterly retarded but who knows so are they

i dedicate my ass crack to the people responsible for the "dead" remakes

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Banned User

United States
    Maybe this time, GAR could get his people back together, re-write his own script, and put Savini at the helm of that one....just like he did with NOTLD back in 1990?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Maybe this time, GAR could get his people back together, re-write his own script, and put Savini at the helm of that one....just like he did with NOTLD back in 1990?
    Then the head honchos will step in and be like "No! We want Uwe Boll directing, Jim Dudelson producing, Paul W.S. Anderson writing".

Banned User

United States
    Well, seeing as how GAR and the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad pretty much were the head honchos the first time around, I doubt they'd replace themselves.

But....seeing how it all turned out in 1990 (not to mention with Land in 2005), it couldn't be any worse with the guys you mentioned becoming involved with the project.

Super Moderator

UK
    Somehow I think this remaking fad will be over within the next 10 years, easy. With 3-D making a comeback, guaranteed that will be the new fad. We'll have all the old movies re-released as 3-D versions. Remakes are a fad, fads have limited shelf lives. Plus it'd be retarded to remake Land a mere 10 years after it came out, not even Hollywood is that dumb.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, seeing as how GAR and the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad pretty much were the head honchos the first time around, I doubt they'd replace themselves.

But....seeing how it all turned out in 1990 (not to mention with Land in 2005), it couldn't be any worse with the guys you mentioned becoming involved with the project.
    Of course, I already know that you are one of the ones that doesn't like "Land"....but what was wrong with "Night90"? That was the best remake yet, in my opinion. Also the one that stayed true to the source material.

That is how "Dawn" should have been re-made.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, while I'm not much of a fan of Night90, if only it had been allowed to have the gore left in ... and that useless actress playing Judy Rose had been able to act!!! ... then it might have been a better flick. It's still hilarious to see the rubber version of Johnny hit the tombstone, so very funny.

But yep, it was the best GAR remake to date, obviously helped by GAR being involved as well as Savini and a couple of other Romero-ites, more of an inbred feel rather than farming it out to people who write sh*t like Scooby-f*ckin'-Doo...

Banned User

United States
    Personally, MZ...I think it's stupid to constantly try to knock James Gunn for Scooby Doo.

It's not like that was his masterpiece or anything. He didn't write the script and carry a torch for the project his whole life.

He was hired to do a job, and he did it...the same way GAR was hired to direct SK's work a couple of times.

The only difference between the two is that Scooby Doo was a major success, while GAR found only limited success with his adaptations.

United States

The only difference between the two is that Scooby Doo was a major success, while GAR found only limited success with his adaptations.
    those pills must be really kicking in.
    Scooby Doo was NOT a "major success" by any means....unless you count all the people that bought the VHS, ripped the guts out and used it to cover the bottom of their pidgeon coop.

Burny, I have an idea.....go pop in your betamax copy of Bad News Bears, stare blandly at your little black and white Zenith and drink a few more Shlitz's.

Super Moderator

UK
    And isn't that the great thing about democracy, everyone has their right to express their opinion as well as hold it. My opinion is that James Gunn is a wanker who can't write for sh*t, Yawn04 illustrates this time and time and time again. Scooby Doo, 30 mil short of it's own bloated budget on opening weekend? Sounds like a classic Hollywood "flop" to me (using their yard stick).

You can't exactly compare GAR's SK adaps with Scooby-frickin'-Doo either. GAR's were adult horror films, Poopy Doo was a family film and had a feather pillow ride through the system in comparison to GAR's work.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well in the LAND remake it will have Smauel L. Jackson fighting off zombies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    And isn't that the great thing about democracy, everyone has their right to express their opinion as well as hold it. My opinion is that James Gunn is a wanker who can't write for sh*t, Yawn04 illustrates this time and time and time again.
    Nobody said it wasn't, or that you couldn't.

Scooby Doo, 30 mil short of it's own bloated budget on opening weekend? Sounds like a classic Hollywood "flop" to me (using their yard stick).
    Uh...since when does a movie have to make its entire budget back on opening weekend in order to be considered a success?

Scooby Doo made a total of $153,294,164 in the United States alone. Then (since Land supporters have to throw in their own overseas sales to prove that it was some sort of a success) it made another $122,356,539....for a world-wide grand total of $275,650,703.

GAR never saw numbers like that ever....and never will.

As for the rest....

You can't exactly compare GAR's SK adaps with Scooby-frickin'-Doo either. GAR's were adult horror films, Poopy Doo was a family film and had a feather pillow ride through the system in comparison to GAR's work.
    Hey...you're the one who brought Scooby Doo up in the first place. If you can't compare the two, why do you keep on mentioning it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Uh...since when does a movie have to make its entire budget back on opening weekend in order to be considered a success?
    Uhh....Burny, you're the one that's always saying that how much a film makes is what determines how good it is.

Which, anyone in their right mind can tell you that's ridiculous....

Minion doesn't like Yawn04 or the people that created it and many people agree with him, just like you don't like "Land" and there are people that agree with you. Why keep having this argument again and again?....the outcome is always the same.

Super Moderator

UK
    I was bringing up Poopy Doo as an example of Gunn's previous writing, just because some kids go see it, doesn't mean it's a work of art (Titanic, which raked in over a billion in the end was voted worst film of all time a couple of years ago).

I never compared Poopy Doo to GARs work in the first place.

Nobody said it wasn't, or that you couldn't.
    I was making a statement in general.

And obviously GAR won't see numbers like that, because he makes ADULT rated movies, mainly in the horror genre, that see comparably limited distribution. Poopy Doo, like I said before, is a mainstream, Hollywood, family film - therefore the target audience is scattergun wide. GAR's flicks target a core audience.

And making a stack of cash doesn't mean the product is any good, look at Paris Hilton.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    (Titanic, which raked in over a billion in the end was voted worst film of all time a couple of years ago).
    I always hear/read this....but I like "Titanic". I don't see what all the gripe is about. True, the love story gets a bit cheesey in a few parts, but overall it's a well made film.