Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BALTIMORE PREMIERE - DEADLANDS: The Rising

Undisclosed
    My parents will be there along with christians mom. Goodluck! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well it was a big success. We had over 75 people at the screening. The people at GARDELS said it was one of their biggest nights ever.

Just before the movie started I said a few words, and when it ended a big round of applause filled the room. I also brought with me 37 DVD's to sell and sold 25 which isn't bad. They are also going to set up another screening for Halloween.

So KUDO's to my cast, crew and everyone else supporting the film DEADLANDS seems to be a hit. I think the most surreal part of the night was when people were asking us to sign the DVD's, but it was a fun night and DEADLANDS has been unleashed upon the world.

Here is a copy and paste of the article in Today's paper.

Film shot in area premieres today

"Deadlands," a zombie-themed film shot partially in Pasadena over the past year and a half, will make its Baltimore debut today night at Gardel's Supper Club, located at 29 S. Front St. in Baltimore.

Door's open at 7 p.m., and the film screening will begin about 8 p.m.. There is a $7 cover charge for the event, which includes a question and answer session with the film's director, Gary Ugarek. There will also be DVD release copies of the film for sale. You must be 18 or older to attend.

A longtime fan of George A. Romero zombie films, Mr. Ugarek said it was just a matter of time until he decided to create his own movie.

The story of "Deadlands" starts during the day and follows the next 24 hours as zombies begin to invade the human world, Mr. Ugarek said. The zombies in this film aren't slow, though. In fact, they can run and are smart enough to hide and then attack people unexpectedly.

The film begins with an unexplained explosion that rocks five major U.S. cities. As the night progresses and the devastation is announced through the media, more unexplained events begin to happen.

In Baltimore, five strangers take a stand as the world is rapidly overtaken by zombies.

For directions or more information visit www.gardels.com or call 410-837-3737.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 07-Sep-2006 at 04:39 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    The premiere went off without a hitch - and I think the turnout was fantastic. Gardel's is a nice little place in Baltimore (and very 'comfy' inside - complete with sofas everywhere, a nice little movie screen, and a 'warm' environment, and I don't just mean the temperature.. ) and apparently it's a center for lots of local actors and filmmakers to do their networking.

My wife and I showed up with our other producer Lisa in tow, and I have to be honest, I was NOT expecting that many people to show up. There was a cover charge at the door (only $5) but it seems most people gladly paid to get in to check out the flick.

I thought for sure 90% of the people there were going to be the extras, cast & crew, but much to my surprise, i'd say I only knew about 1/3 of the people who where there!

The reaction to the film was great (clapping all around!) and people stayed engaged in the film throughout. When the movie would get to a quiet scene, it was weird to hear the whole place sitting in silence with they eyes afixed to the screen. They were captivated, and not bored, which is all we could hope for.

I can't wait for the next showing there - that place is really nice.

I will be posting pics tonight when I get home after i dump them off my camera.

I, like Dj, felt REALLY weird when people were asking me to sign their DVDs. I don't think i'll ever get used to that. It's just... surreal...

Thanks to all those who came out (ya'll know who you are!) and thanks to all who have been supporting this project from the beginning. It really means a lot to us.

LC
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Sep-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well done guys, sounds like it was a blast. It must be a really cool ass feeling.

United States
    congrats on the turnout!!!
    I can't wait to see it!

United States
    Thanks guys.

It was a very cool feeling but I have to admit, the signing of dvd's made me feel... weird. I dunno why, I just don't feel like I should be signing stuff like that (i'm no celebrity - in fact, i'm faaaaaaaaaar from it) but it is a nice feeling because that means people must've really dug the film.

I have quite a few pictures from the night. Some of Dj when he was addressing the crowd during the Q&A afterwards, some of the entire crowd (well, most of 'em anyway) and a group pic of the majority of the people I could round up from the cast & crew that were there. I'll be posting those later tonight when I pull them off my camera and shrink 'em down.

LC

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks MZ and Adreno...

It was an awesome experience to say the least. I was shocked by the turn-out. I mean totally shocked I expected maybe 20 people, but everyone that showed up was a blessing and it rocked.

Let's hope the momentum keeps rolling.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*