Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living Dead remake: Tom Savini

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm stunning they decided to do it that way, it just looks dreadful. A high angle or close up of the actual hit in a brief shot cut in between a low angle (that would hide a crash mat), would have covered that moment better in my view, rather than a wide with a really obvious dummy.

Or could a rubber tombstone have been the way to go? A real actor, and a fake tombstone would have worked better, surely.
    Having a real editor on this film would have really worked wonders.

Lingering on the Johnny dummy is just one of numerous editing blunders in the film -- another of which is the obvious Uncle Reg dummy that Barbara hits one too many times with the poker.

Poor editing is the single most important reason why the remake could never, ever touch the original which utilized primitive, yet far more effective special effects.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's funny how it's simply impossible for me to read that in my own voice. I can't hear that word without repeating it twice more with the doctor's voice...
    And of course no one not on this site has the foggiest about why you're doing it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Happens all the time. I'll drop a quote from one my favorite flicks and people give me the puzzled puppy dog head tilt look.

"We got this by the ass!" usually gets a funny response. "By the....ass?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Happens all the time. I'll drop a quote from one my favorite flicks and people give me the puzzled puppy dog head tilt look.

"We got this by the ass!" usually gets a funny response. "By the....ass?"

Oh there are plenty in the series that would get looks like that. We could start a thread on them alone.

"Mouth full of Greek salad"
    "they're coming to get you barbara"
    "biggest piece of meat in the cave"
    "I'm running this monkey farm now frankenstein!"
    "We're trying to make it to the island", "what island", "any island".

to name a few

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Oh there are plenty in the series that would get looks like that. We could start a thread on them alone.

to name a few

Ones I use all the time and no one knows why...

"Dummies... dummies... dummies..." (You gotta do the voice, and you gotta hold your hand up and your head down)
    "Is that food enough for you?" (preferably yelling and spitting for no apparent reason)
    "I'm dealing with it man. I'm dealing with it." (with a wild look in the eyes)
    "We whipped em. We whippped em good."
    "Scary. Isn't it?"
    "You ain't just down here by yourself."
    "It's gonna start to stink in here. We gotta clean it up."

"When there's no more room in ______ the ______ will walk the ______." Insert whatever.... when there's no more room in the restaurant, the patrons will walk the sidewalk. When there's no more room in the dentist's office, the customers will walk the waiting room. It helps to say it real solemnly.

I need to start using "we got this by the ass". I don't know why I haven't yet.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

UK
    All this talk of Night90 is making me wanna watch it with the commentary on again ... and the making of.

England

to name a few

"Beat 'em or burn 'em" - one of my faves.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    "Beat 'em or burn 'em" - one of my faves.
    You can be boss down there, I'm boss up here is absolutely classic as well.

Undisclosed
    I guess Im kind of alone on this but I thought coopers dated insult are amusing... "LAME BRAINS!"
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Canada
    Oh, Lord no Coop. That is my favorite moment in the film, especially how he says it.

It always cracks me up, and I don't even know why.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    "Aint it a crime?"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    i Always thought he said, "the end of crime".

Oh well, another reason to drag the old girl out and give her a viewing. How will i ever make it? lol

Undisclosed
    i Always thought he said, "the end of crime".

Oh well, another reason to drag the old girl out and give her a viewing. How will i ever make it? lol

"Ain't it a crime. "
    "What? "
    "The only one who can miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it. "

Wayne Z
    "Shit! I could do that even if all this wasn't going on. "

United States
    I mostly just like walking around and yelling at random people "Wake up Sucka!!"
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    I guess Im kind of alone on this but I thought coopers dated insult are amusing... "LAME BRAINS!"
    The phrase "bunch of yo yo's" always cracks me up, it just seems like the lamest thing you could possibly say. Is it even a insult?